ZombieRawkMachine

A Batman Who Laughs Is A Batman That Wins

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 8528 posts
  • Steam ID:ZombieRawkMachine
  • PSN:ZombieRwkMachine

Posted 04 February 2018 - 05:57 PM

Deepwater Horizon -8/10- Was expecting it to be rather dry and boring but enjoyed it much more than I thought I would.

Hellraiser Judgement -5/10- Effects were good and the original stuff would was interesting unfortunately nobody wanted him to make that movie so he had to tack Hellraiser onto it which really brings it down. Its really wordy ad choc full of exposition to the point they give away pretty much every twist the movie has with it. It also goes out of its way to justify having Pinhead and other Hellraiser elements in it which stick out like a sore thumb and feel like they belong in a different movie. Better then Revelations but still lacking over all.

Todd and the Book of Pure Evil: The End of the End -8/10- Hysterical. Perfect way to wrap up the series, just a shame it wasn't given its third and fourth seasons but the movie concludes everything rather nicely.

#12122 ZombieRawkMachine

ZombieRawkMachine

• Members
  • 8528 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 05:34 PM

The Cloverfield Paradox -6.5/10- The main bulk of the movie has been done before and a lot better. It's the least Cloverfieldy of the three.

Is you just wanna know the twist or how it connects hit the spoiler.

Spoiler

#12123 ZombieRawkMachine

ZombieRawkMachine

• Members
  • 8528 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:44 PM

The Open House -7/10- I loved where and what happened though it wont be for everyone and it can be a hard watch as it is super serious.

Assassins Creed -6.5/10- I mean come on who thought it would be a good idea to keep all those assassins in one location, like really. I think I would have preferred it to go more minimal on the present day stuff and just had a blast with past. Wasn't a fan of the way it was kept and kept jumping back and fourth between the areas during the scenes.

Nerve -7/10- Actually enjoyed this a lot more than I was expecting to.

#12124 Jenesyde

Jenesyde
  • Xbox Live:Jenesyde

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:45 AM

Daddy's Home 2 - blah followup to meh original is more of the same, but ladles on more schmaltz. Not very funny either. 5/10

The Cloverfield Paradox - needless origin story is an OK watch, but just another "crew arguing on a space station" flick. 6/10

#12125 BigC

BigC
  • PSN:NZBigC

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:11 PM

The Open House - 4/10 The first 3 quarters of the movie was pretty good and suspenseful, but I would give the last 15 minutes a 1 out of 10. Such a horrible horrible ending that made the whole thing pointless. I guess they were trying to do something similar to The Strangers, another movie that I hated.

#12126 stupidlikeafox

stupidlikeafox

No sleep 'til bed time

• 12528 posts
  • PSN:foxymcstupid

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:50 AM

Started the Cloverfield Paradox, then immediately stopped it as it looked like a sh*t version of something I've seen a bunch already.

The Florida Project - cute kids, cool setting, but plotless indie movie about bad parenting. 3/10

#12127 ZombieRawkMachine

ZombieRawkMachine

• Members
  • 8528 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:58 PM

Started the Cloverfield Paradox, then immediately stopped it as it looked like a sh*t version of something I've seen a bunch already.

Pretty much. It's not bad the cast and acting are solid and the space story isn't bad but with that being said you are better off watching Event Horizon.

#12128 that_black_guy

that_black_guy
  • PSN:that_black_guy

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:05 PM

Are you implying that its a crappy knock off of Event Horizion... because Event Horizion is so good, that I would be cool with a crappy knock off

#12129 ZombieRawkMachine

ZombieRawkMachine

• Members
  • 8528 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:02 PM

Are you implying that its a crappy knock off of Event Horizion... because Event Horizion is so good, that I would be cool with a crappy knock off

Yes and no. Paradox has more science than Event Horizon and less horror... way less horror. Most of the time Paradox relies on Chris O'Dowd to break any tension which he does as he's a pretty funny guy. But is closer to Event Horizon than it is to say Sunshine or Solaris. Paradoxes biggest faults are all the things connecting it to Cloverfield. So once you take them away you are pretty much left with a babies first Event Horizon but nowhere near as good.

#12130 stupidlikeafox

stupidlikeafox

No sleep 'til bed time

• 12528 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:07 PM

Pretty much. It's not bad the cast and acting are solid and the space story isn't bad but with that being said you are better off watching Event Horizon.

My man. <3 Event Horizon. I remember watching it with friends in college, and all of us were petrified.

3 Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri - Woody Harrelson, Sam Rockwell, Peter Dinklage AND Frances McDormand. What a cast. Randomly, it was a Home and Away actress, Samara Weaving that stood out for me. Go figure. Kinda predictable, but still a solid 8/10.

#12131 ironfist92

ironfist92
  • PSN:ironfist92

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:01 PM

My man. <3 Event Horizon. I remember watching it with friends in college, and all of us were petrified.

3 Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri - Woody Harrelson, Sam Rockwell, Peter Dinklage AND Frances McDormand. What a cast. Randomly, it was a Home and Away actress, Samara Weaving that stood out for me. Go figure. Kinda predictable, but still a solid 8/10.

Never discount Home and Away. Thor himself started out on it.

#12132 ZombieRawkMachine

ZombieRawkMachine

• Members
  • 8528 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:17 PM

Event Horizon -8/10- After the talking about it I needed to watch it again. Such a good movie, its a shame we will never get to see the original directors cut version.

Cold in July -8/10- Well... sh*t... I did not see that coming.

#12133 Jenesyde

Jenesyde

Posted 17 February 2018 - 01:13 PM

Dutch - John Hughes was clearly out of ideas when he made this, so just fused Dennis The Menace with Planes Trains & Automobiles. 6/10

#12134 Jenesyde

Jenesyde

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:42 AM

The Ritual - hikers in forest find weird stuff. Decent little British indie horror, nothing amazing but has a few freaky bits. 6/10

#12135 lax1

lax1
  • PSN:gumshoe75

Posted 18 February 2018 - 02:55 PM

The Babysitter - 7ish / 10 - tight horror/comedy & coming of age story set over a single night, well paced and way more fun that the last babysitter horror/comedy I watched (Better Watch Out).

#12136 mvon007

mvon007

Ex Forza Whore

• Members
  • 4496 posts
  • Steam ID:mvon007
  • PSN:mvon007
  • Xbox Live:mvon007

Posted 18 February 2018 - 05:48 PM

Enjoyed Black Panther but didn't think it held a candle to Ragnarok. A very different style so not really comparable even. Certainly more good setup for infinity war at least.

#12137 stupidlikeafox

stupidlikeafox

No sleep 'til bed time

• 12528 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:20 PM

Enjoyed Black Panther but didn't think it held a candle to Ragnarok. A very different style so not really comparable even. Certainly more good setup for infinity war at least.

Black Panther didn't really seem to have many ties to Avengers at all for me. Overall it was fine. Kinda forgettable. Could've been amazing but seemed a little lazy even. 6/10.

Loved Ragnarok first watch. Second watch wasn't as good, but first viewing was a 10/10 experience for me, only matched by Guardians 1.

#12138 BigC

BigC
  • PSN:NZBigC

Posted Yesterday, 03:01 PM

Black Panther didn't really seem to have many ties to Avengers at all for me. Overall it was fine. Kinda forgettable. Could've been amazing but seemed a little lazy even. 6/10.

Loved Ragnarok first watch. Second watch wasn't as good, but first viewing was a 10/10 experience for me, only matched by Guardians 1.

I loved Guardians 1 when I first watched it because I had little to no expectations. I felt the same way with Shaun of the Dead, which is now my favourite movie of all time.

First time I have had tv in years, and I watched Waiting... last night on Duke. Man that movie is still so good and stupid.

#12139 ironfist92

ironfist92
  • PSN:ironfist92

Posted Yesterday, 07:59 PM

Black Panther - 3/5

A fine Marvel movie. Nothing you wouldnt expect, entertaining for what it is.

Didnt really feel like it led up to Infinity War at all which was a shame.

#12140 Jenesyde

Jenesyde

Posted Yesterday, 08:42 PM

The Karate Kid 3 - slapdash, cartoony entry in the series, with a ridiculous villain who should have been twirling his moustache. 5/10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users