Minister of Sinister

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 8180 posts
  • Steam ID:ZombieRawkMachine
  • PSN:ZombieRwkMachine
  • Xbox Live:DrSinIsIn

Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:46 PM

Dave Made a Maze -7.5/10- About a guy who makes a cardboard maze over the weekend while his girlfriend is away, once she gets back she finds that her boyfriend is lost within the maze so her and a group of friends enter the maze to rescue him. The maze in turn has taken on a life of its own and is full of death traps and a Minotaur hounding their every move. Was a really fun and creative fantasy horror comedy.

#11582 Gonzala

Gonzala
  • PSN:Gonzala137

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:29 PM

Hitman: Agent 47 - 8.5/10

#11583 ironfist92

ironfist92
  • PSN:ironfist92

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:08 PM

Hitman: Agent 47 - 8.5/10

Really?

#11584 stupidlikeafox

stupidlikeafox

No sleep 'til bed time

• 12417 posts
  • PSN:foxymcstupid

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:13 AM

Here Alone - Stock standard low budget survival horror. 6/10

Public Enemies - Stock standard gangster movie based on John Dillinger. 6/10

#11585 souljah685

souljah685
  • PSN:souljah685

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:15 PM

Check Point 6/10 - pretty average movie could of been better

#11586 ZombieRawkMachine

ZombieRawkMachine

Minister of Sinister

• Members
  • 8180 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 05:15 PM

The Monster Project -6.5/10- Found footage style movie about some dude returns to L.A. and hooks up with his old friends to make scary youtube videos before getting the bright idea to make a documentary on people who think they really are monsters. After interviewing a vampire, a skinwalker (who for all intents and purposes in just a werewolf) and a possessed Japanese girl he invites them to a creepy house so they can get the interviews on film. This movie was so close to being brilliant, really good idea and some decent execution the practical effects for the skinwalker and vampire were brilliant unfortunately possessed Japanese girl were cg and ended up looking like a ps2 cut scene. The three act structure is almost really good as when each act ends new story elements kick in, like it's not a found footage gimmic but you watching people fight monsters the downside to this is the third act twist comes out of nowhere ruining the good things it brings with it. Worth checking out if you dont mind that style but beware that a good 70% is done in green night vision so its very dark.

#11587 tuftsdude

tuftsdude
  • Steam ID:Tuftsdude
  • PSN:Tuftsdude
  • Xbox Live:Achedmars64

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:03 AM

The Machinist - 8.5/10

#11588 czk51

czk51
  • PSN:cheradenineZ

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:11 AM

Alien Covenant. 3/10. Hard to believe it's actually worse than Prometheus :/

#11589 ironfist92

ironfist92
  • PSN:ironfist92

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:00 PM

Hey now, Prometheus was inspired and unique! People were upset it didn't feel like an alien film, now they got one with Covenant and they still dont like it for being too much like Alien. Hard to please everybody.

#11590 souljah685

souljah685
  • PSN:souljah685

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:30 PM

Rurouni Kenshin (live action movie) 9/10 - didn't realise they made this really good movie and the action was great

Probably watch part 2 & 3 by the weekend

Edited by souljah685, 23 August 2017 - 10:31 PM.

#11591 ZombieRawkMachine

ZombieRawkMachine

Minister of Sinister

• Members
  • 8180 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 08:14 PM

The Fate of the Furious -7.5/10- I mean it's as good as 7 but was way better than I was expecting it to be. For the first 20 mins or so I thought it was going to be another xXx3 and just a Vin Desil ego wankfest (also just based on the basic premise I thought that too) but i am so glad they actually did more with it. Jason Statham and Dwayne Johnson were brilliant together and played off each other so well. The action scenes were great not as good 7 but not as outlandishly stupid as 6. Loved how they tied it back into everything and there were may pleasant surprises throughout like Mirren (who is just as insanely beautiful as always).

Alien 5: Prometheus 2 -6/10- I want to give this movie more I really do but I just can't. The first half of the movie was really f***ing boring. But it all looked good, everything suited the atmosphere. Fassbender was amazing in his dual roles even in the awkward flute sex scene. Neomorph I really liked until it opened its mouth then it looked like a puff ball with teeth. Xenomorph in the sun looked really stupid. Last tacked on Alien fanboy stuff wasn't bad, more of the same Alien franchise stuff. Over all I think it's biggest problem was Scott not sticking to his guns, he didn't want to bring the Xenomorphs in till at least the next movie but reception from Prometheus made him rethink in turn taking the Prometheus: Paradise Lost script and turning it into Covenant. I was really interest in that story of how they were made and getting the wider scope that he wanted not the 5 minute ta-dah the we ended up with. The second half of the movie was better but there was no urgency or tension. I mean before they go to the planet they all were alll stupid enough to die so there was no real character investment, I mean ffs two of them fall over on the same blood patch! But the biggest crime this movie has is not having Kenny Powers killing some mother f***ing Xenomorphs!

tumblr_meujvaVbjr1rj0t6wo1_400.gif

#11592 stupidlikeafox

stupidlikeafox

No sleep 'til bed time

• 12417 posts
  • PSN:foxymcstupid

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:03 PM

Kedi - documentary about the street cats of Istanbul. Ridiculously cute and uplifting with all manner of stories of how people have taken it upon themselves to care for these animals, even dozens of them at a time including heaps of kittens. Definitely makes you want to go check it out ... just in case it can't survive the modern city too much longer.

This. Makes you appreciate the place.

#11593 czk51

czk51
  • PSN:cheradenineZ

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:14 PM

Hey now, Prometheus was inspired and unique! People were upset it didn't feel like an alien film, now they got one with Covenant and they still dont like it for being too much like Alien. Hard to please everybody.

I'm not sure anyone expected Prometheus to be an Alien film, it was stated very early on it was only loosely connected. I actually enjoyed it the first time through but it suffered various problems I'm not prepared to type out on my phone.

I get that Covenant is getting closer to Alien.. It just wasn't a good movie. In my opinion anyway. And I'm a long time collector and fan of these movies.

#11594 Jenesyde

Jenesyde
  • Xbox Live:Jenesyde

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:24 PM

That movie is complete trash, I rewatched it last week just to make sure.

Spoiler

#11595 tuftsdude

tuftsdude

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:25 PM

John Wick - Why haven't I seen this before?! 10/10, great movie!

#11596 ZombieRawkMachine

ZombieRawkMachine

Minister of Sinister

• Members
  • 8180 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 03:22 PM

Imma start by saying this review is gonna have some spoilers cause I really think they need to be talked about, so be warned.

Netflix Death Note -4/10- Ok, I do love Death Note and and even enjoyed the lesser movies like Change the World but this... It's bery Americanized. So it changes the basic fundamentals from the get go. It isn't a cat and mouse thrill ride between to great minds but is a John Hughes Bonnie and Clyde movie. Light is a punk ass b*tch and has zero determination and almost no real belief in what he is doing as Kira; also the actor is terrible and hams it trying to make everything funny. L is barely a detective let alone the great detective known as L, yes he eats sweet stuff and has some of the poses but like everything else since the fundamentals are changed so when it gets into the stuff its trying to take from the source it doesn't work. The cat and mouse game between Light and L doesn't work as it's never set up yet they have a meeting where its said how brilliant Light is though its never shown he is L refers to the game they are playing with each other that they never play. The film has a couple of twists which aren't bad but kinda come out of left field and don't really work. The films overall villain isn't Light instead we have Ryuk (which Defoe does wonderfully in) but he is always in shadow and we never really get to see him in his 8 minutes of screen time. And of course it is set for a sequel which is weird as there is no real ending, it tries to conclude everything but then just cuts to credits.

#11597 tuftsdude

tuftsdude

Posted 26 August 2017 - 06:09 PM

Oh man, I was about to start watching it now. Huge Death Note fan. Might hold it off till after the last 5 episodes of Vikings now :/

#11598 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

What happened? How did I get here?

• Members
  • 10673 posts
  • PSN:drunk_monk_13
  • Xbox Live:drunkmonk37

Posted 26 August 2017 - 10:01 PM

I thought it's biggest problem is the way it cuts between scenes. There is no building to plot point's .

That wasn't a major for me but suspect someone not knowing the show would be lost as to why sh*t was happening.

I knew it was a new take going in so expected variations, but the sudden jumps from plot point to plot point was iffy.

I liked it enough though. They were never going to be able to keep all the content but feel it could have been better if it was an hour longer.

#11599 ZombieRawkMachine

ZombieRawkMachine

Minister of Sinister

• Members
  • 8180 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 10:27 PM

I knew they were going to change things, that isn't my issue. It tried to have its cake and eat it too with changing the fundamentals but trying to keep progessional aspects the same. They didn't work. Light doesn't need to be sympathetic perse as the live action show made him more of a selfish dick but the actor was just... When he first sees Ryuk... I agree with the way its cut, there are some nice shots like just after the Ferris wheel and the flowers spray up and that. I think it need better actors but more importantly a better script, also it shouldn't be a gory horror, like that has been one of their priorities from the get go and it really doesn't need to be. The whole Light/Mia thing just didn't work for me from the get go. I like the idea of a John Hughes Bonnie and Clyde but this was just meh. I think taking the core of Light vs L out is the biggest mistake though as it is ultimately the best part of everything. I slowly lost interest once he was gone in the anime. Mello is just so ...eh... The live action series did Mello and Near well.

They should have turned it into a mini series if they didn't wanna tv series it. 3-4 90 minute episodes or something to that effect.

#11600 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

What happened? How did I get here?

• Members
  • 10673 posts
  • PSN:drunk_monk_13
  • Xbox Live:drunkmonk37

Posted 27 August 2017 - 06:37 AM

Agreed, a mini series would have worked better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users