Photo

Rate The Last Movie/movies You Seen Thread

• Please log in to reply
11158 replies to this topic

#11141 Jenesyde

Jenesyde
  • Xbox Live:Jenesyde

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:02 PM

Captain America: Civil War - highly entertaining action slugfest. Not as good as The Winter Soldier, but then again what is. 8/10

#11142 Killjoy

Killjoy

If only humanity had but one neck

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 2165 posts
  • Steam ID:Killjoy1690

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:02 PM

Oh don't be silly, you have to be in a 3 hour snooze fest to be able to be nominated for an Oscar.

Ha yes you're right about that, I think the last time I agreed with their choice for best picture was back in 2011 for The Kings Speech.  Long live King George the stammer!

#11143 tuftsdude

tuftsdude
  • Steam ID:Tuftsdude
  • PSN:Tuftsdude
  • Xbox Live:Achedmars64

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:54 AM

Oh don't be silly, you have to be in a 3 hour snooze fest to be able to be nominated for an Oscar.

Ha yes you're right about that, I think the last time I agreed with their choice for best picture was back in 2011 for The Kings Speech. Long live King George the stammer!
Holy sh*t, is it even possible to finish that movie without falling asleep..

#11144 Killjoy

Killjoy

• Members
  • 2165 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 11:17 AM

Holy sh*t, is it even possible to finish that movie without falling asleep..

It certainly was for me, I've seen it 3 times.  Maybe you just like action movies I don't know but the story and character portrayals are brilliant.

#11145 ZombieRawkMachine

ZombieRawkMachine

Minister of Sinister

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 7967 posts
  • Steam ID:ZombieRawkMachine
  • PSN:ZombieRwkMachine
  • Xbox Live:DrSinIsIn

Posted 25 March 2017 - 03:07 PM

Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV -7/10- Not bad, enjoyable enough. Looks good had some good action scenes. Was told it pays to watch it before beginning the game.

#11146 womz

womz
  • Steam ID:womzz
  • PSN:Wommzz
  • Xbox Live:Womz

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:13 PM

Hacksaw Ridge, brutal

#11147 ZombieRawkMachine

ZombieRawkMachine

Minister of Sinister

• Members
  • 7967 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:23 PM

Don't Hang Up -7/10- 90's horror throwback that is a mix of I Know What You Did Last Summer and Scream. About a bunch of guys who make prank calls and share them online until during one session of calls one of the people they called knows all too much about them and orders them not to hang up. I liked it, its nothing entirely original or anything but is a case of doing the formula well.

#11148 Ronsoak

Ronsoak

Please cut up my Credit Cards

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 440 posts
  • Steam ID:http://steamcommunity.com/id/ronsoak
  • PSN:exekias

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:35 PM

Kong, Skull Island

A wonderful action movie!

Has some obvious plot holes and come convenient moments BUT 

The cinematography is freaking amazing, the colors and the shots were astounding

and

It tried really hard to not fall on tropes and did some great stuff in this space.

#11149 souljah685

souljah685
  • PSN:souljah685

Posted 25 March 2017 - 11:59 PM

The Great Wall 7.5/10 - entertaining but Damons accent still had work to do. Good story but not enough character developments

#11150 Unfathomable-Ruination

Unfathomable-Ruination

Trophy Hunter Extraordinaire

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • PSN:SecondGenesis
  • Xbox Live:GoreFlame

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:59 AM

Split, 8/10.  Finally M. Night Shamalamalong gets back to making movies that work and James McAvoy proves hes the acting juggernaut I knew he was years ago.  Anya Taylor-Joy was great too even though she looked like she was going to cry in most scenes, I suppose there is room to complain about the whole demonizing uncles thing and the pretty pointless cameo at the end but I liked the overall twist and didn't see it coming at all which isn't usually like me.

McAvoy was amazing. Its a shame he missed out on best actor nomination for it.

That still baffles me.

#11151 Rapidity

Rapidity

• [NZGR] - Clan Killzone 2
  • 2284 posts
  • PSN:Cruise_Elroy
  • Xbox Live:Cruise Elroy

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:38 AM

Split, 8/10. Finally M. Night Shamalamalong gets back to making movies that work and James McAvoy proves hes the acting juggernaut I knew he was years ago. Anya Taylor-Joy was great too even though she looked like she was going to cry in most scenes, I suppose there is room to complain about the whole demonizing uncles thing and the pretty pointless cameo at the end but I liked the overall twist and didn't see it coming at all which isn't usually like me.

That still baffles me.
Great movie, really hoping for an
Spoiler
Atleast that was my reasoning for the cameo at the end or do you think it's just an Easter egg that Split is set in the same world?

Edited by Rapidity, 26 March 2017 - 07:39 AM.

#11152 ironfist92

ironfist92
  • PSN:ironfist92

Posted 26 March 2017 - 12:48 PM

Split, 8/10. Finally M. Night Shamalamalong gets back to making movies that work and James McAvoy proves hes the acting juggernaut I knew he was years ago. Anya Taylor-Joy was great too even though she looked like she was going to cry in most scenes, I suppose there is room to complain about the whole demonizing uncles thing and the pretty pointless cameo at the end but I liked the overall twist and didn't see it coming at all which isn't usually like me.

That still baffles me.
Spoiler
Atleast that was my reasoning for the cameo at the end or do you think it's just an Easter egg that Split is set in the same world?

Definitely getting a sequel

#11153 Killjoy

Killjoy

• Members
  • 2165 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:47 PM

That still baffles me.
Spoiler

I hope there is a sequel in the works but yes when I saw him I thought WTF does he have to do with this movie? I never thought of it in terms of advertising for a sequel of a different movie, bit of an odd way of doing it

Spoiler

#11154 Rapidity

Rapidity

• [NZGR] - Clan Killzone 2
  • 2284 posts
  • PSN:Cruise_Elroy
  • Xbox Live:Cruise Elroy

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:24 PM

That still baffles me.
Spoiler
I hope there is a sequel in the works but yes when I saw him I thought WTF does he have to do with this movie? I never thought of it in terms of advertising for a sequel of a different movie, bit of an odd way of doing it
Spoiler
That's what I'm hoping for

Spoiler

Edited by Rapidity, 26 March 2017 - 05:25 PM.

#11155 ZombieRawkMachine

ZombieRawkMachine

Minister of Sinister

• Members
  • 7967 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:26 PM

Last Shamalamadingdong said there wouldn't technically be one and both sequels would be the same movie with more emphasis on Split. But he also said he is still fleshing it out so it could change.

#11156 Killjoy

Killjoy

• Members
  • 2165 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:50 PM

Well that's certainly something to look forward to!

Topic:

The Wild Bunch, 8/10.  First viewing, very action packed old school westerner.  Some amazing scenes though some are a bit too drawn out, really made me wanna play Red Dead Redemption again.

#11157 that_black_guy

that_black_guy
  • PSN:that_black_guy

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:41 PM

Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV -7/10- Not bad, enjoyable enough. Looks good had some good action scenes. Was told it pays to watch it before beginning the game.

I wouldnt say it adds much to the game... or vice versa. Its basically an alternative cutscene to the 10 second one you get in the game. Having said that, a lot of that scene wouldnt make sense if you dont watch the movie... but the things that dont make sense in the in game cutscene are irrelevant to the game.

I just confused myself.

Post cred scene was kinda cool though

#11158 djkicks

djkicks

Misa <3

• Tester
  • 10838 posts
  • Xbox Live:Chalcopyrite

Posted Yesterday, 06:10 PM

Watched Logan in the weekend. Would have liked to see some eye balls on the end the claws.

#11159 ZombieRawkMachine

ZombieRawkMachine

Minister of Sinister

• Members
  • 7967 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:47 PM

All Nighter -7/10- J.K. Simmons daughter goes missing so he goes to her ex boyfriend for help in finding her. Simmons was great as he always is and the supporting cast are really good to. It is one of those feel good while learning about onself through extreme events kinda flicks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users