#41 Gazza22

Gazza22

Yeah, Nah, Definitely

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Tester
  • 2450 posts
  • PSN:High_Fiiive

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:46 PM

Man what a test match that was! I was on my heels at the end! I thought we had it won when we were tryin to kill the clock when Cowan was calling everyone in... Then somehow it popped out the Aussies side... Then I thought "Oh Hell" I really thought Aussies were going to score and take the win... They really had a good opportunity to go for a droppy to take the win but they didn't... Lucky for us...

I reckon Aussies played a better game then us, even though the stats slighty swing our way... Their defence was so good compared to ours, they just broke our tackles easily too...

When Carter missed that shocking droppy, I was like F*CK! But luckily he slotted that tough sideline penalty, and he pretty much won us the game!

McAlister needs to learn how to tackle too...

Did anyone think Sivivatu looked different? Like he's gotten skinny or something?

Game wasn't really pleasing to the eyes, (wasn't an open game, and there was enough blood spelt to save a few live's") But that's just how I like it. Fighting for every inch, and intense times a,thousand.
McAlister need to learn to tackle you say? Oh boy are you right. Can someone please tell him that tackling with your head is widely regarded as a bad idea.
However it was a blessing in disguise because Nonu came on like a man on a mission and made a huge difference I feel.

But great game all-round and how good is it to have Dan the f***en man back?

#42 that_black_guy

that_black_guy
  • PSN:that_black_guy

Posted 23 August 2009 - 04:12 PM

Yea, I said that about Sivi... he's dissapearing.

Aussie should have won the game. In the dying seconds, Ashley Cooper got tackled 5 out with two unmarked players on his outside. Deadset try gone begging.

But we deserved it. Our kicking game was by far the better of the two. We dominated territory and our forwards were dominant in the 2ns half.

Wallabies had it over us in the 1st half but they didn't even look like scoring a try. It's one of my pet hates for rugby atm. So often, the team thats looking to score tries is often losing to teams that wana sit 40 in and draw penalties/fire out droppies

#43 thizz

thizz

TIK TOK B!TCHE$

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 1410 posts
  • Xbox Live:s0ul274

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:50 PM

Wallabies would've won it if they decided to get the ball to the back quickly for a drop goal in the last minutes of the game..but meh a wins a win!..to be honest the Tri-Nations has been boring since majority of the points scored is from the boot this year.

Bring on Wellington and Canterbury!!!!!

#44 onehitter09

onehitter09
  • NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• [NZGR] - Clan Killzone 2
  • 3732 posts
  • PSN:OneHitter NZ
  • Xbox Live:OneHitter NZ

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:22 PM

Nonu > McAlister.

#45 Ninja-15

Ninja-15

Hadouken!

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • PSN:Ninja-15

Posted 06 September 2009 - 12:05 PM

Man the Wallabies vs Springboks game last night was good! f*ckin really good game!

Aus had SA stumped and confused...

Bring on next week!

#46 that_black_guy

that_black_guy

Posted 06 September 2009 - 04:52 PM

Yea, South Africa don't string multple games in consecutive weeks together very well. Maybe we are a chance for the Tri Nations still

#47 Gazza22

Gazza22

Yeah, Nah, Definitely

• Tester
  • 2450 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:20 PM

Where did that come from Aussie?

Atleast the remaining games will no longer be dead rubbers. And most importantly, we are still in it.

#48 Ninja-15

Ninja-15

Hadouken!

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:44 PM

They must have won out of desperation... Since they hadn't won a single game yet in this years Tri-Nations... :)

#49 Gazza22

Gazza22

Yeah, Nah, Definitely

• Tester
  • 2450 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 01:06 PM

They must have won out of desperation... Since they hadn't won a single game yet in this years Tri-Nations... :)

6 games, dating back to last years Tri-Nations. So "desperation" is probably the best word.

#50 that_black_guy

that_black_guy

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:11 PM

Nah, they just came in expecting the South Africans to play like they did in the match the week before. It caught Aussie way off guard when the Boks ran the ball and once they regrouped they actually won the 2nd half iirc.

Anyways, South Africa came with the same plan, but the Wallabies were onto it and continued like they finished the last test.

#51 Gazza22

Gazza22

Yeah, Nah, Definitely

• Tester
  • 2450 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:20 AM

HOO-RA

#52 Ninja-15

Ninja-15

Hadouken!

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:25 PM

Man, the Canterbury vs Hawkes Bay game was intense!

It was so good it was worthy of a final...

Luckily our boys stuck together and came out on top, even though it should've really been a try to the Bay at the end...

#53 Gazza22

Gazza22

Yeah, Nah, Definitely

• Tester
  • 2450 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 10:49 PM

f*** nutz, didn't manage to catch it. Will have to look out for a replay. I was told it was one of the best games of the season.

#54 that_black_guy

that_black_guy

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:24 PM

I can't watch games at Hawkes Bay now thanks to that stupid song... but I was lucky enough to catch the ref trying to put a hit on Maitland... best moment of the season.

Taumalolo was robbed by a poor call. It looked like a try live, I dunno who he was watching

#55 Ninja-15

Ninja-15

Hadouken!

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 08:59 PM

Man, the AB vs Italy match was boring... I actually fell asleep for sometime while watching it... Also Messam and Tialata sucks :P

#56 Deanology

Deanology
  • PSN:Yes

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:11 PM

The last 10 was absolute rubbish.
Other than that, it was a close game.
I feel bad for the young Italian bloke who got called back from his little runaway.
Poor little bugger.

#57 Gazza22

Gazza22

Yeah, Nah, Definitely

• Tester
  • 2450 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:48 PM

Man, the AB vs Italy match was boring... I actually fell asleep for sometime while watching it... Also Messam and Tialata sucks :P

I actually thought Tialata had one of his better games. He seems to be playing with more enthusiasm and its good to see he's lasting the full 80 mins at the highest level. The yellow card at the end......well lets be honest could have gone either way and referee Stuart Dickinson has no clue on how to control the scrums. And as for Messam, well the game just didn't go his way.

The last 10 was absolute rubbish.
Other than that, it was a close game.
I feel bad for the young Italian bloke who got called back from his little runaway.
Poor little bugger.

Funny thing is though is though is that, that 'Italian guy' is in actual fact a kiwi. :P

#58 p-nutt3r

p-nutt3r
  • PSN:Phantom-Menace

Posted 27 November 2009 - 09:45 PM

Big game this Sunday. Wales/Aus should be a good contest too.

#59 that_black_guy

that_black_guy

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:45 PM

Really? Coulda sworn ABs vs France was the better game

#60 Gazza22

Gazza22

Yeah, Nah, Definitely

• Tester
  • 2450 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 06:31 PM

Really? Coulda sworn ABs vs France was the better game

I think that's what he is trying to say. I read it like yourself at first untill I read it a second time.

But yes it should be a cracker. Its fitting that the last test match is against France who beat us in the first test. You could say its 1-1 and this is the decider.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users