Photo

Rugby

• Please log in to reply
1493 replies to this topic

#21 smj

smj

Posted 22 November 2008 - 07:22 PM

hahahaha bring back mehrtz?
If there's any player that needs to learn how to tackle it's him. He was good at passing. If anything, we needed Carter, he's good at taking the pressure.

#22 Gazza22

Gazza22

Yeah, Nah, Definitely

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Tester
  • 2450 posts
  • PSN:High_Fiiive

Posted 19 July 2009 - 01:36 PM

Anyone watch last nights test?

Wasn't it great to see Donald finally find his feet in the black jersey.

#23 meanasmullet

meanasmullet
  • PSN:meanasmullet
  • Xbox Live:meanasmullet

Posted 19 July 2009 - 03:06 PM

watched the first 50 mins of it this morning but ended up deleting it off after as it was boring. Donald was ok but would still rather him not there, McCaw made a difference there big time though. Wasnt the prettiest game in the world. Going to be tough next week in SA

#24 that_black_guy

that_black_guy
  • PSN:that_black_guy

Posted 19 July 2009 - 10:15 PM

Yea, Donald showed good signs. He grew as the game went on.

Was messy, but a tough win. It's what the team needed and we can only go up from here.

All that aside, I think the penalty/drop goal needs to be worth less. Theres not enough motivation for a team to push for tries and almost no team wants the ball in their end for fear of giving a penalty in range of the opposition

#25 Gazza22

Gazza22

Yeah, Nah, Definitely

• Tester
  • 2450 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:24 AM

The Rocket man with no fuel is back, and also Lenorad comes into the squad with Cowen dropping out of the 22.

#26 that_black_guy

that_black_guy

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:09 PM

Bad move. Rokococos been struggling for form for a longggg time now, Jane on the other hand has been allgud. Lenord and Cowan, both are good in different ways, so that doesn't really bother me

#27 Gazza22

Gazza22

Yeah, Nah, Definitely

• Tester
  • 2450 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:53 AM

Bad move. Rokococos been struggling for form for a longggg time now, Jane on the other hand has been allgud. Lenord and Cowan, both are good in different ways, so that doesn't really bother me

I can admit that the Rocket man is playing like all shades of sh*t at the mo. But sooner or later he will find his form, and fingers crossed he finds it in the black jersey.

And I like the horses for courses decision with Lenaord. Him on a fast dry pitch (hopefully) will be allot more effective then the more physical Cowan.

#28 that_black_guy

that_black_guy

Posted 24 July 2009 - 03:42 PM

^ sounds like you watch CGW too.

Picking Leanard suggests to me that they're gunna try a more hands on the ball approach rather than the kick fest we've seen so far this year. But they'll miss Cowan on d, he saves a ridiculous amount of tries with his d

#29 Gazza22

Gazza22

Yeah, Nah, Definitely

• Tester
  • 2450 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 04:49 PM

Picking Leanard suggests to me that they're gunna try a more hands on the ball approach rather than the kick fest we've seen so far this year. But they'll miss Cowan on d, he saves a ridiculous amount of tries with his d

Yeah big fan. :huh:

I also believe that the reasoning behind taking Jane is because knowing the Africans, they would have targeted the un-experienced Jane. But with Rokococo he has a sorta "been there done that" type of mantra about him.

#30 that_black_guy

that_black_guy

Posted 24 July 2009 - 08:03 PM

Imo, that'd play into Janes favour. He defends well and his opposite may slack off him a bit. Bit risky replacing an in-form guy with a guy who desperatly needs some form. Eitherway, it's gunna be a hellava game. I hope our looseys school Brussow... he's a good player n all, but I think Richie will get the better of him

#31 onehitter09

onehitter09
  • NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• [NZGR] - Clan Killzone 2
  • 3732 posts
  • PSN:OneHitter NZ
  • Xbox Live:OneHitter NZ

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:09 AM

Dang missed the Lions game at Porirua Park yesterday. Will try get there next week for their game against some Uni? Haha my bro hitched a ride with Hosae Gear home coz of da sh*t weather.

#32 thizz

thizz

TIK TOK B!TCHE$

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 1410 posts
  • Xbox Live:s0ul274

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:32 PM

Yeah big fan. :stun:

I also believe that the reasoning behind taking Jane is because knowing the Africans, they would have targeted the un-experienced Jane. But with Rokococo he has a sorta "been there done that" type of mantra about him.

My exact thoughts about Roko, is it me or has his speed dropped dramatically :)

I got South African winning by 9 btw lol

#33 Gazza22

Gazza22

Yeah, Nah, Definitely

• Tester
  • 2450 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:59 PM

Dang missed the Lions game at Porirua Park yesterday. Will try get there next week for their game against some Uni? Haha my bro hitched a ride with Hosae Gear home coz of da sh*t weather.

Shouldnt Hosea Gear be in Bloemfontein at the mo with the All Blacks?

My exact thoughts about Roko, is it me or has his speed dropped dramatically :stun:

Yeah it seems that way huh?
Still a great player but he has lost a bit of that speed for sure.

#34 that_black_guy

that_black_guy

Posted 26 July 2009 - 05:59 PM

Jane on Rockos wing woulda solved a few problems.

And did you put money on the Boks by 9? Good call

#35 iTry

iTry

Posted 26 July 2009 - 06:26 PM

Shouldnt Hosea Gear be in Bloemfontein at the mo with the All Blacks?

My exact thoughts about Roko, is it me or has his speed dropped dramatically :stun:

Yeah it seems that way huh?
Still a great player but he has lost a bit of that speed for sure.

He missed out because they were only allowed to take 28 players and not 30 - Gear and someone else missed out; can't think who the second person was.

#36 thizz

thizz

TIK TOK B!TCHE$

• Members
  • 1410 posts
  • Xbox Live:s0ul274

Posted 26 July 2009 - 06:32 PM

Jane on Rockos wing woulda solved a few problems.

And did you put money on the Boks by 9? Good call

Nah should of damnit!!..good game overall. All Blacks still got to work on that backline *sigh*

#37 meanasmullet

meanasmullet
  • PSN:meanasmullet
  • Xbox Live:meanasmullet

Posted 26 July 2009 - 09:12 PM

The Boks were just all over us from the first minute, Our backline is still a bit hairy at times. What team would you like to see from next week?

My backline would be:

9.Cowan
10.Donald
11.Siviatu
12.McAlister
13.Smith/Nonu
14.Jane
15.Muliena

As for the forwards proberly stick with the same lot. Not a fan of Rodney but dont think they will change from him.

#38 Gazza22

Gazza22

Yeah, Nah, Definitely

• Tester
  • 2450 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:53 AM

Lost the game in the first half in my opinion. And if we are to challenge this week we are gonna have to cut out the silly little errors and be more disciplined.

I was quite surprised at our lack of discipline. Infact I would have thought that, that would be an area where we could dominate as we all know that the Africans a king at playing dirty and with so many players with short fuses we should ave been on the right side of the ref.

In terms of personal...
Not sure on the seriousness of Tialata's injury but I have been impressed allot with Franks. Unlike Tialata, Franks actually knows what hitting the ruck means and seems to do allot of work around that area.

And I'm going to have to disagree with you meanasmullet. I would keep the Nonu and Smith combo as I still think McCallistar is short of a leap, especially when it comes to Test level. Been out of that level of intensity for too long.

I would hate to see the All Blacks pack without So'oialo again. We saw how we went without him and McCaw in July and it wasn't pretty. But I will admit that he hasn't been the workhorse that we know him as, hopefully that comes back with time.

But I will agree that we should see Cowen come back. Leonard didn't have the impact that we were all hoping for and with Cowen's kicking game we should see the territory stat a little more even.

#39 that_black_guy

that_black_guy

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:11 PM

I'd drop Tialata altogether and get Afoa or Clint Newlands over on the bench for Franks.

I'd switch Leonard for Cowan, Leonard was dissapointing to be fair.

Rockcoco gets dropped for Jane with Masaga or Gear coming to the bench.

Other than that, I'd keep the rest. Rodney was poor throughout the Super 14, but he's a different player in the black uniform, he's proven that many a time in the past.

#40 Ninja-15

Ninja-15

Hadouken!

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • PSN:Ninja-15

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:26 AM

Man what a test match that was! I was on my heels at the end! I thought we had it won when we were tryin to kill the clock when Cowan was calling everyone in... Then somehow it popped out the Aussies side... Then I thought "Oh Hell" I really thought Aussies were going to score and take the win... They really had a good opportunity to go for a droppy to take the win but they didn't... Lucky for us...

I reckon Aussies played a better game then us, even though the stats slighty swing our way... Their defence was so good compared to ours, they just broke our tackles easily too...

When Carter missed that shocking droppy, I was like F*CK! But luckily he slotted that tough sideline penalty, and he pretty much won us the game!

McAlister needs to learn how to tackle too...

Did anyone think Sivivatu looked different? Like he's gotten skinny or something?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users