drunk_monk

What happened? How did I get here?

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 11119 posts
  • PSN:drunk_monk_13
  • Xbox Live:drunkmonk37

Posted 21 December 2017 - 09:59 PM

Thats a clickbait title if I ever saw one, I went in expecting to see what they had planned for "The Future of NZGM"

The future is up up the air right now. So feels apt to me as it's saying the future depends on what people offer up.

#62 ZombieRawkMachine

ZombieRawkMachine

Minister of Sinister

• Members
  • 8459 posts
  • Steam ID:ZombieRawkMachine
  • PSN:ZombieRwkMachine
  • Xbox Live:DrSinIsIn

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:25 AM

Thats a clickbait title if I ever saw one, I went in expecting to see what they had planned for "The Future of NZGM"

The future is up up the air right now. So feels apt to me as it's saying the future depends on what people offer up.

I offer up my first born!

#63 atipuss

atipuss
  • Steam ID:atimewmew
  • PSN:atipuss
  • Xbox Live:atipuss

Posted 27 December 2017 - 08:07 PM

Also....offering my gaming contact details if ever anyone of nzgamers needs anyone to talk to/with about anything... and of course play any games I have with.
Psn <---
Did I hear a .. wild rumor that ps gonna let us change our psn name?? Oh myyyy.
Xboxlive... although I am in "between" xbox console.. meaning I have only got xbox app on my phone ... <------
Steam.. chuuchuu .... <---

Switch&3ds let's face it. .there's no Nintendo MP games coming up.. most likely will get them on ps.

#64 AdamC

AdamC
  • Steam ID:LygerReach
  • PSN:JadamCrt

Posted 27 December 2017 - 09:34 PM

Also....offering my gaming contact details if ever anyone of nzgamers needs anyone to talk to/with about anything... and of course play any games I have with.
Psn <---
Did I hear a .. wild rumor that ps gonna let us change our psn name?? Oh myyyy.
Xboxlive... although I am in "between" xbox console.. meaning I have only got xbox app on my phone ... <------
Steam.. chuuchuu .... <---

Switch&3ds let's face it. .there's no Nintendo MP games coming up.. most likely will get them on ps.

Pokemon On Home Console Switch says hello! 

It may make me get a switch! Maybe... I hope not I spent enough this year on gaming hardware.... but it would be cool.

#65 Cyco24

Cyco24
  • Steam ID:Cyco2411
  • PSN:Cyco24
  • Xbox Live:Cyco24

Posted 29 December 2017 - 08:52 AM

Sad to see this happen but hopefully something comes around and we don't lose this community and great site, fingers crossed.

I found NZGR about 2 years or so ago when I was having a pretty rough time in life, I decided to post a bit in the forums and everyone was so welcoming and then that lead to some community nights. I then was looking forward to community nights to break help the grind of life and felt home.

It lead me to giving myself a good kick in the arse to sort stuff out and now I'm stuck with a annoying little bugger (gf) who I love (she's also the reason I've been absent for last year, all her fault :P )

So look forward to gaming with everyone again and really hope for a positive outcome for NZGR

#66 Unfathomable-Ruination

Unfathomable-Ruination

Trophy Hunter Extraordinaire

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1241 posts
  • PSN:SecondGenesis
  • Xbox Live:GoreFlame

Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:48 PM

Still fairly new here, but met some cool peeps.

#67 Dvst8u

Dvst8u

Dvst8u

• Members
  • 3635 posts
  • PSN:Dvst8u

Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:13 PM

is there any way to own rights to the NZGAMER name?

#68 ZombieRawkMachine

ZombieRawkMachine

Minister of Sinister

• Members
  • 8459 posts
  • Steam ID:ZombieRawkMachine
  • PSN:ZombieRwkMachine
  • Xbox Live:DrSinIsIn

Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:52 PM

You can buy the names and databases.

I was on a mod team for a site where the owner begun to do really weird and dicky things so one of the other mods brought the database from him and changed the name. That resulted in the same forum (although improved) with a different name and he was left with a brand new site under the original name which no one went to as they just followed what they love.

So it is something that can be done but it comes down to the owner wanting to sell it and then what parts of it etc.

Course they could decide to do away with the main site and just keep the forums. Who knows.

#69 MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan
  • Steam ID:Monkeyman_707
  • PSN:Monkeyman_707
  • Xbox Live:MonkeyManRacing

Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:05 PM

I definitely owe NZGamer a thanks. This is probably the website I've come to most consistently over the years. I love that the articles are about all sorts of games, not just fps like the last site I tried to use, and actually have interesting content. I love reading everyone's reactions in various threads. But probably most of all I love all the people I have met and got to play with thanks to the forums, that's most of all why I hope NZGamer finds a way to continue, I simply don't know who I'd play with if it weren't for NZGamer.

Thanks a million NZGamer. Thanks especially to everyone who has worked to make it what it is.

#70 Dodgykiwi

Dodgykiwi

Decal King

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1928 posts
  • Steam ID:dodgykiwi
  • PSN:Dodgy Kiwi
  • Xbox Live:Dodgy Kiwi

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:49 AM

Does anyone have an update of what is happening with the site/forums etc?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users