Xenoblade Chronicles 2

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 czk51

czk51
  • PSN:cheradenineZ

Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:19 AM

Elysium, land of legend
In an endless white sea of clouds, there stands the World Tree. Around it lies Alrest, a land that many call home.

Long ago, the people of this world lived atop the World Tree together with their creator, the Architect.

The land they lived in was a true paradise, and its sweet rain and golden sunshine brought forth abundant harvests. The people called this land Elysium.

But one day, the people were banished from this paradise.

Did they anger their creator, or could there have been some other reason? No one knows.

The world’s people took refuge below, but life was hard there and they began to die out. Just as all hope was almost gone, the Architect sent his servants, the Titans, to save humanity.

To escape extinction, the remaining people made homes on the backs of the Titans and dwelled there for countless generations. However, now the Titans are dying out, and the quest to return to Elysium has begun…

rex.png

The hero of this story is a young man named Rex. He makes a living working as a salvager, searching for precious resources and ancient artefacts in the Cloud Sea. He left the village where he was born and now lives on the back of a small Titan, Gramps.

Hired to search a sunken ship and salvage anything of value, Rex chances upon a Blade by the name of Pyra – who happens to be a sacred Blade known as the Aegis.

But then disaster strikes, and Rex is killed by Jin, the head of a shadowy organisation, Torna.

Pyra saves Rex’s life and becomes his Blade, their fates unescapably intertwined from that point on. He joins Pyra’s quest to reach Elysium, trying to survive in a world filled with rivals, all seeking the Aegis. Can our heroes make it to the promised land waiting above the World Tree?

Launches tomorrow! 

Just finished XC1 on 3DS and it was an absolutely amazing experience. Probably the best RPG I've played, mainly due to huge sprawling open world. I'm so excited for 2, I've preordered and preloaded on Switch and will jump into it tonight at midnight (hopefully it's playable on midnight anyway) 

Who else is grabbing it? 

xenoblade-chronicles-2.jpg

#2 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

What happened? How did I get here?

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 10980 posts
  • PSN:drunk_monk_13
  • Xbox Live:drunkmonk37

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:21 AM

Is it a story sequel to the first?

I've been tossing it up but not sure if I should play the 3DS game one day first.

#3 czk51

czk51

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:34 AM

Is it a story sequel to the first?

I've been tossing it up but not sure if I should play the 3DS game one day first.

Not directly, no. From what I've read you don't need any knowledge of the first game, they just kinda exist in the same universe. The 3DS one is utterly fantastic, but I think this will top it, if only for the layout of the combat buttons and how to activate your skills being assigned to buttons rather than scrolling along a menu mid battle.

You might be able to find a cheap copy of 1 from eb but best to ring first: https://www.ebgames....s-Nintendo-3DS

#4 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

What happened? How did I get here?

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 10980 posts
  • PSN:drunk_monk_13
  • Xbox Live:drunkmonk37

Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:02 PM

Awesome. Defo on my back catalogue now.

#5 czk51

czk51

Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:47 AM

Excellent reviews so far

Played about an hour so far, off to a great start introducing characters and the world. 

85 on Metacritic http://www.metacriti...icles-2?ref=hp

Edited by czk51, 01 December 2017 - 06:57 AM.

#6 czk51

czk51

Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:25 PM

Just under 3 hours in and it's fantastic. The game has been quite streamlined so far, I've only just hit a point where I feel like I might be able to adventure a little bit. 

FYI if anyone wonders where the JP voice option is, it's an additional free download from the eshop. The english has been fine so far - was expecting a lot more cringe but scottish-Rex has really grown on me. Some of the louder or more urgent lines do lose their impact somewhat so will download and try JP when I get home. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users