30 replies to this topic

#1 MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan
  • Steam ID:Monkeyman_707
  • PSN:Monkeyman_707
  • Xbox Live:MonkeyManRacing

Posted 20 November 2017 - 03:07 PM

20krwgn.png

Racers start your engines! The GT Sport NZ Championship is underway.

LPL is proud to present New Zealand’s premier GT Sport competition with a prize pool of $10,000 including a massive cash prize of $5,000 and a limited edition GT Sport Decal PS4. Second place will receive $2000, a PlayStation VR and a limited edition GT Sport Decal PS4. While third prize is $1000 and a limited edition GT Sport Decal PS4.

Join our live qualifying event at SkyCity on the 25th of November. To qualify at the live event racers will have 5 minutes to set the best lap time on Suzuka Circuit using the Honda NSX Gr.3 (the circuit experience full lap). The top 6 fastest lap times progressing to our live TV final. 

For those who can’t attend the live qualifying we have two online spots open for the grand finale. To enter send a link to a video of your Suzuka circuit experience lap time with the Honda NSX Gr.3 either via YouTube or Facebook.

Tune into SkySport at 7:30pm Tuesday, December 5th to watch our live grand finale!

Full info and sign ups: http://letsplay.live...mpionship-2017/

Are you going to compete? let us know with a comment below

Edited by MonkeyMan, 20 November 2017 - 03:09 PM.

#2 emetic

emetic

felis fortuna adiuvat

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 5348 posts
  • Steam ID:highwaygothic

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:52 PM

Yay thanks!

Hey so the rules for online recorded replay entry say TCS has to be set to 3. I can dial that down to 0 in race though, right?

The organizer guy was around here somewhere but I can't rememebr who it wasm

#3 ByrdmanNZ

ByrdmanNZ

thats a very nice everything you have there shhhhhh

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2006 posts
  • Steam ID:ByrdmanNZ
  • PSN:ByrdmanNZ
  • Wii:ByrdmanNZ
  • Xbox Live:ByrdmanNZ

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:09 AM

That looks cool shame I have a weekend full of Xmas parties

#4 MadCant

MadCant

Cyber love the anti-man, we make love because we can.

• NZGamer.com VIP Silver VIP

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • PSN:MadCant
  • Xbox Live:THEMADCLINT

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:03 AM

Yay thanks!

Hey so the rules for online recorded replay entry say TCS has to be set to 3. I can dial that down to 0 in race though, right?

The organizer guy was around here somewhere but I can't rememebr who it wasm

Yeah, I didn't like that either & it doesn't specify if you can alter these, so possibly not..?  I reckon you should be able to as it's adjustable on the fly in general gameplay, but without clarification from the event organisers I would leave TCS on 3 to be safe.

#5 MadCant

MadCant

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:15 AM

Did everybody note how the day goes down..?  After quali' on Suzuka in the NSX Gr.3, it looks like the final will be a 25 lap race around Bathurst for the top 8 in select Gr.3 cars - which I'm assuming they are only allowing one of each car, else why are these selected in order of grid position.

It's a shame I won't be able to make it.  I don't think I'd win anything, but would be cool to check it out, go through the process & see what it's all about.

Here's the det's for the final from their website:

5.2.3 GT SPORT – 2017 FINAL – LIVE BROADCAST

CIRCUIT: Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit (25 laps).

VEHICLE: The vehicles below will be available for selection forty eight (48) hours prior to the beginning of this phase. Entrants who have qualified for this phase will select their vehicles in the same order as their overall qualifying positions; i.e., those with the fastest combined times in both the qualifiers get to select their vehicle first.

Audi R8 LMS – Audi Sport Team WRT ‘15 (Gr. 3)
BMW M6 GT3 – Walkenhorst Motorsport ‘16 (Gr. 3)
Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 ‘13 (Gr. 3)
Lamborghini Huracan GT3 ‘15 (Gr. 3)
McLaren 650S GT3 ‘15 (Gr. 3)
Mercedes-AMG GT3 – AMG-Team HTP-Motorsport ‘16 (Gr. 3)
Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Shulze Motorsport ‘13 (Gr. 3)
Porsche 911 RSR ‘17 (Gr. 3)
FORMAT: Online Race. Room host access via “Lobby > Create New Room”. Entrant/Spectator Access via “Lobby > Room Search > Show Only Rooms With Friends”

SETTINGS (ROOM):

Basic Settings

Room Mode: Practice/Race
Room Privacy: Friends Only
Room Settings
Room Name: LPL.GT – 2017 FINAL
Race Type: Race for Real
Fixed Room Ownership: Yes
Max. Number of Participants: 10 (8 entrants + 1 spectator [TV] + 1 spectator [Live Timing])
Minimum Driver Rating: N/A
Minumum Sportsmanship Rating: N/A

Track Settings

Track: Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit
Select Conditions: 16:30 Sunny
No. of Laps: 25
Race Settings
Start Type: Grid Start
Grid Order: Fastest First as determined by LPL.GT Officials
Boost: Off
Slipstream Strength: Real
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Light
Tyre Wear: 1x
Fuel Depletion: 1x
Initial Fuel: Default
Grip Red. on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
Race Finish Delay: 180 sec
Regulation Settings
Filter by Category: Gr.3
Balance of Performance: On
Maximum Tyre Rating: No Limit
Livery Restrictions: No Limit
Car Number Type: No Limit
Kart Usage: Off

Penalty Settings

Ghosting During Race: Strong
Shortcut Penalty: Strong
Wall Collision Penalty: None
Side Contact Penalty: On
Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collision: Off
Replace Cars When they Leave the Track: Off
Flag Rules: On
Limit Driving Options
Countersteering Assistance: Prohibited
Active Stability Management (ASM): Prohibited
Driving Line Assist: Prohibited
Traction Control: No Limit
ABS: No Limit
Auto-Drive: Prohibited

SETTINGS (CARS): No changes permitted beyond those found in “Driving Options”

Cogi, based upon this, with TCS having no limits (in the final) & changes in the "Driving Options" being acceptable (for the final), it's likely you are allowed to reduce TCS to 0... but I would still check this mate.

#6 MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:52 AM

Yeah you can't use the same car as someone else in the final (weird that it isn't a rule though). I've been asking a few questions. But they are talking to some car companies about using their cars specifically so it may change.

TCS is surely going to be too hard for them to monitor at the live qualifiers so it will be interesting to hear their stance on that issue.

I'm still trying to find a way I can compete despite a potential schedule clash because this competition looks like it will be really awesome.

#7 emetic

emetic

felis fortuna adiuvat

• Members
  • 5348 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:55 PM

Good spotting on this final race rules, I wouldn't have even looked.

The TCS is interesting. I'll try leaving it on for Suzuka and seeing if it makes any difference.

Did you guys notice that you're not allowed the cone markers for corners? It'd be good to practise without those.

Also we should do some testing of which cars are fastest at Bathurst and pool our results.  Testing with BoP on is a bit of a hassle though eh.

#8 MadCant

MadCant

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:29 PM

Good spotting on this final race rules, I wouldn't have even looked.

The TCS is interesting. I'll try leaving it on for Suzuka and seeing if it makes any difference.

Did you guys notice that you're not allowed the cone markers for corners? It'd be good to practise without those.

Also we should do some testing of which cars are fastest at Bathurst and pool our results.  Testing with BoP on is a bit of a hassle though eh.

I'm not yet sharp enough or consistent enough to pick the better of these options around Bathurst.  That said, I'll hang with you guys in a lobby to help test.

@Monkey, even if it weren't awesome (it's looking like it will be), the prizes certainly are.

I'm totally blown away that we are seeing eSports at this level in NZ - I figured I'd be an old cripple by the time anything like this eventuated here.  Fingers crossed this is the first of many great comp's for our elite gamers to get their teeth into!

#9 MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan

Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:46 PM

I'm totally blown away that we are seeing eSports at this level in NZ - I figured I'd be an old cripple by the time anything like this eventuated here.  Fingers crossed this is the first of many great comp's for our elite gamers to get their teeth into!

Yeah it's super exciting. To be fair lets play live have already done a few tournaments of this scale but with horrible more traditional esports titles like league of legends.

Hopefully it does turn out awesome and they put more on in the future

Edited by MonkeyMan, 21 November 2017 - 07:47 PM.

#10 MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:38 PM

So who's actually going Saturday?

I'm planning on being there as it seems I've worked out a way around my conflicts

#11 ByrdmanNZ

ByrdmanNZ

thats a very nice everything you have there shhhhhh

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2006 posts
  • Steam ID:ByrdmanNZ
  • PSN:ByrdmanNZ
  • Wii:ByrdmanNZ
  • Xbox Live:ByrdmanNZ

Posted 22 November 2017 - 09:58 PM

So who's actually going Saturday?

I'm planning on being there as it seems I've worked out a way around my conflicts

I would have love to have come and watched you guys race maybe even have a turn but its too late notice unfortunately hope you have a great time  cant wait to see the photos

#12 emetic

emetic

felis fortuna adiuvat

• Members
  • 5348 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 10:36 PM

I wasn't watching the dates. I have no hope of getting my quali lap trimmed down by 2 seconds for the online entry.

#13 MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan

Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:12 PM

I wasn't watching the dates. I have no hope of getting my quali lap trimmed down by 2 seconds for the online entry.

Online is open until the 29th I do believe so you got a bit of time to get some practice in

#14 emetic

emetic

felis fortuna adiuvat

• Members
  • 5348 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:46 PM

Yeah 2 seconds though, just to match Sidawg's current time.
2s is a lot.

#15 MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan

Posted 24 November 2017 - 12:25 PM

I have some official info in response to basically everything people have posted here.

This is direct from one of the organisers but they couldn't get access to post in the forums for some reason so I'm posting on their behalf

tl;dr you can change the traction control, there will be an up till now leaderboard released tonight, the finals are going to be epic, and more competitions next year. Also League of Legends still sucks  ;)

Turns out I'm not able to post without my account getting approved first! Just so you can let the answers get in to people before tomorrow, please feel free to quote this to anyone from myself (you can find me @ http://twitter.com/sheepOCE).

Emetic asked:

"Hey so the rules for online recorded replay entry say TCS has to be set to 3. I can dial that down to 0 in race though, right?"

We're not specifically ruling turning down their TCS in race, but we've preset it to 3 to encourage people to stick to that level, and let if blank to discourage changing. However competitors won't be penalised for changing mid-race, so feel free to change as you wish.

MadCant asked:

"Did everybody note how the day goes down..? After quali' on Suzuka in the NSX Gr.3, it looks like the final will be a 25 lap race around Bathurst for the top 8 in select Gr.3 cars - which I'm assuming they are only allowing one of each car, else why are these selected in order of grid position."

The initial plan here was for each competitor to be able to choose one car from the list (fastest seed picks first etc.), with Balance of Performance on so it was just for looks. This is most likely going to be changed with all competitors racing in the Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Shulze Motorsport ‘13 (Gr. 3), this was because we couldn't figure out to the exact specifics how BOP of working, so it'd be unfair when everyone goes to practice.

You mentioned:

" But they are talking to some car companies about using their cars specifically so it may change."

This is potentially still happening, I can confirm at this stage though, that competitors will be on stage in cars (IRL) when they race.

You also mentioned the TCS monitoring, like I mentioned above, we'll discourage it, but won't outright stop anyone doing it.

MadCant mentioned:

"I'm totally blown away that we are seeing eSports at this level in NZ - I figured I'd be an old cripple by the time anything like this eventuated here. Fingers crossed this is the first of many great comp's for our elite gamers to get their teeth into!"

Just wanted to add a note to this, we definitely want to stay in the racing space. And are loving the reaction and excitement from the GT Sport community, expect to see more in 2018 after getting yourselves a taste this December.

I also saw you put this:

"To be fair lets play live have already done a few tournaments of this scale but with horrible more traditional esports titles like league of legends."

FeelsBadMan

Also let everyone know that we'll be throwing up a leaderboard with the online times we have so far this afternoon, so they can see where they're at!

Thanks Monkeyman! Let me know if more questions fly in,

Cheers,

#16 emetic

emetic

felis fortuna adiuvat

• Members
  • 5348 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 06:39 PM

Haha awesome, thanks heaps for making that correspondence.

Wow so.. competitors will be racing in IRL cars? I assume he means real cars, not Indy cars ;) But that's still crazy interesting. I have no idea how that's goign to work but I'm dying to see the event.

#17 MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan

Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:43 AM

GT-Quals.png

After an awesome live qualifiers day 6 of the finalists have been decided with two more to be added through the online qualifiers.

http://letsplay.live...rts-qualifying/

#18 MadCant

MadCant

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:11 AM

Congrats to all - those are some pretty quick times!

#19 argsy

argsy

aka Mr Grumpy

• Members
  • 2015 posts
  • Steam ID:argsy_nz
  • PSN:argsy

Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:09 PM

Nice work Monkey, good luck for the finals!

#20 emetic

emetic

felis fortuna adiuvat

• Members
  • 5348 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 03:45 PM

Oh crap i didn't get to the grindstone and do a good time. I heard the physics improvements in 1.06 made better times possible actually.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gran tourismo, monkeys, Gran Tourismo, Monkeys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users