Photo

The Weekend Chat: PUBG Madness

The Weekend Chat weekend chat community have your say PUBG PlayerUnknowns Battlegrounds Early Access

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 NZGamer

NZGamer

Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:52 PM

11423-standout.jpg

Out of nowhere, developer Epic released a patch for their open-world crafting game Fortnite. Instead of adding new weapons or abilities, this one offered a battle royale mode – similar to that seen in PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds.

Other games have been inspired by PUBG’s popularity too; Grand Theft Auto Online added a smaller-scale version, with teams fighting and scavenging to survive. This week, we’re keeping it simple:

Have you played PUBG yet?

Gotten any chicken dinners? Or are you waiting for a console release? Or do you just want the game to finally come out of early access?

Have your say over at NZGamer.com, or in the comments below!

#2 iludez

iludez

Just the best

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 2003 posts
  • Steam ID:iludez
  • PSN:iludez
  • Xbox Live:iludez

Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:04 PM

I'm waiting for a console release. I remember playing the Arma 3 battle Royale the the dev made and it was great

#3 czk51

czk51
  • PSN:cheradenineZ

Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:09 PM

I've not played it. Closest thing I've experienced was the Survival dlc for The Division which I absolutely loved, but after successfully extracting felt zero compulsion to play again.

#4 iLythium

iLythium

Rageaholic!

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 552 posts
  • PSN:iLythium
  • Xbox Live:iLythium

Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:21 PM

Don't have a gaming PC so haven't had a chance to try it out. Watched a few streams of it and it seems like it would be a lot of fun.

I heard an analogy recently that it's similar to playing a poker tournament where you try to survive/outlast and you always feel like you have a chance to win. Best way to describe it that I've heard.

#5 ChieftaiNZ

ChieftaiNZ

Armchair Developer

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1890 posts
  • Xbox Live:ChieftaiNZ

Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:45 PM

PUBG madness is crazy. The game is awesome and great fun to play in a team. Got into the top 600 in Squads at one point before a leader board restart. Shout out to the NZGamer Discord crew for some sick dinners.

I also heard the madness causes people to drop n-bombs.

Edited by ChieftaiNZ, 15 September 2017 - 04:46 PM.

#6 atipuss

atipuss
  • Steam ID:atimewmew
  • PSN:atipuss
  • Xbox Live:atipuss

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:00 PM

Fun game but I am useless with keyboard and mouse. ...so no dinner for me :P

#7 skaddellis

skaddellis

PCMR

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Steam ID:skaddellis

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:18 PM

Pretty solid game, sick of new games releasing complete games but slap a "beta" on it for about 4 years when it pretty much is a full game. Its just an excuse for them to cut corners and just patch the crap out of it for years. But eh.. Good game regardless

#8 AdamC

AdamC
  • Steam ID:LygerReach
  • PSN:JadamCrt

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:09 PM

Pretty solid game, sick of new games releasing complete games but slap a "beta" on it for about 4 years when it pretty much is a full game. Its just an excuse for them to cut corners and just patch the crap out of it for years. But eh.. Good game regardless

Problem I had with it is it feels like just an add on of a game. $20 dlc kinda thing. There really isn't much ch to it.
I'd hardly call it pretty much a full game.

#9 JDogg

JDogg

[NZGR]

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4880 posts
  • PSN:JorDogg

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:15 PM

Pretty solid game, sick of new games releasing complete games but slap a "beta" on it for about 4 years when it pretty much is a full game. Its just an excuse for them to cut corners and just patch the crap out of it for years. But eh.. Good game regardless

Problem I had with it is it feels like just an add on of a game. $20 dlc kinda thing. There really isn't much ch to it.
I'd hardly call it pretty much a full game.

Wasn't that why it was $40 instead of $90? In a sense it is an add on to Arma3, or 2 i can't remember.

Will be cool once they release the next two maps. Still places i havent been to on this map and i have played a fair amount. I love the fact that no two games feel the same for me, its heaps of fun with a squad too, intense in solo!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Weekend Chat, weekend chat, community, have your say, PUBG, PlayerUnknowns Battlegrounds, Early Access

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users