#21 Dvst8u

Dvst8u

Dvst8u

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 3385 posts
  • PSN:Dvst8u

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:15 PM

cheers everyone , nzgamer, turtle beach ,  tato and the video game gods and of course . i have a set and i would normally pass these on but have been having troubles with mine lately. will see how these go and might end up passing them on anyway. cheers!

#22 whatsupmyninja

whatsupmyninja
  • PSN:SizeNZ

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:37 PM

People here are so awesome, prime example above.

#23 ost

ost
  • PSN:ostpies

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:31 AM

Dv send me your old bung one if this new one is better. My crapola free Ps4 headset has died.

#24 siamese

siamese

siamesedreams

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 1623 posts
  • PSN:siamesedreams

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:50 AM

Congratulations guys!  I actually just noticed the "leather" lining on my PS Gold wireless headset is starting to chip away.  All good for now but any recommendations on headsets guys?  The PS Gold one is fine really, and its pretty cheap too which helps.  Probably happy to just get a new set of those when these ones start leaving bits of lining all over my ears and face from chipping away!

#25 whatsupmyninja

whatsupmyninja

Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:30 AM

Congratulations guys!  I actually just noticed the "leather" lining on my PS Gold wireless headset is starting to chip away.  All good for now but any recommendations on headsets guys?  The PS Gold one is fine really, and its pretty cheap too which helps.  Probably happy to just get a new set of those when these ones start leaving bits of lining all over my ears and face from chipping away!

If you don't need wireless, a 'proper' headphone of your choice (with detachable 3.5mm cable) + a V-MODA Boompro: https://www.google.c...M78_CoJSmGa-a8w

That's the route I went & couldn't be happier. Plug into controller, or into PS4 via Optical port through an amp. Best bang for buck in terms of sound quality.

Edited by whatsupmyninja, 07 September 2017 - 10:35 AM.

#26 birdman

birdman

[NZGR]

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4063 posts
  • PSN:quackdog

Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:06 AM

What's your budget dude and do you want to remain wireless?

I have Gen 1 Astro A50's which are still going strong 4 years now but I don't think I'd pick up the latest (3rd gen?) version after reading reviews. I've got my eye on the SteelSeries 800 wireless but they aren't cheap! Logitech G933's look good and so do Plantronic RIG and the Afterglows.

#27 siamese

siamese

siamesedreams

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 1623 posts
  • PSN:siamesedreams

Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:34 AM

Not wanting to break the bank, I think the Golds were around the $150 mark.  Most I would go is around $250 and they would have to be much better than what I have currently.

Wireless is preferred but not a must.  If they plug into the controller does it use the battery in the controller really fast?

Cheers guys

#28 whatsupmyninja

whatsupmyninja

Posted 07 September 2017 - 12:00 PM

If definitely would drain controller faster - though not sure how much, & I always have a second controller charging for when it does die.

This is a popular cheaper option to pair with that microphone I linked above:https://www.amazon.c...s/dp/B00ENMK1DW- note that they are open-back.

#29 argsy

argsy

aka Mr Grumpy

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 1986 posts
  • Steam ID:argsy_nz
  • PSN:argsy

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:11 PM

Not wanting to break the bank, I think the Golds were around the $150 mark.  Most I would go is around $250 and they would have to be much better than what I have currently.

Wireless is preferred but not a must.  If they plug into the controller does it use the battery in the controller really fast?

Cheers guys

Smiths City have the Gold Wireless for $99 at the moment, cheapest I've seen in a while. Definitely a good headset for the price. I'll get another set soon as mine are showing some serious wear and tear. 

https://pricespy.co....t.php?p=2479553

Edited by argsy, 07 September 2017 - 01:11 PM.

#30 SpawnSeekSlay

SpawnSeekSlay

Filthy Casual Console Peasant

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1305 posts
  • Steam ID:SpawnSeekSlay
  • PSN:SpawnSeekSlay

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:24 PM

Cheers guys

Smiths City have the Gold Wireless for $99 at the moment, cheapest I've seen in a while. Definitely a good headset for the price. I'll get another set soon as mine are showing some serious wear and tear. 

https://pricespy.co....t.php?p=2479553

Yeah the white on the ears and headband is coming off on my Golds like crazy but still works perfectly. The Golds have been the best bang for my buck ive ever had, wireless 7.1 with no boom but great chat and sound quality all round. Ill be definitely getting another eventually, or may look at the upgrade to the PS Platinum - its double the price I think but I havent seriously looked at whether its worth it yet.

#31 BigC

BigC
  • PSN:NZBigC

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:19 AM

Oh Turtle Beach, not beach turtles! I might have to join these gamer nights. Congrats all!

#32 highnzbudsmoka

highnzbudsmoka
  • PSN:highnzbudsmoka
  • Xbox Live:highnzbudsmoka

Posted 09 September 2017 - 04:19 PM

Congrats and well done to all the winners. Pretty sweet prizes :-)

#33 sakuraba

sakuraba

I know what you did last summer

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1517 posts
  • PSN:subtime
  • Xbox Live:subtime

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:31 PM

Man congrats guys those are nice looking headphones

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Turtle Beach

0 user(s) are reading this topic