• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 dudemanphat

dudemanphat
  • Steam ID:dudemanphat
  • PSN:dudemanphat
  • Xbox Live:dudemanphat

Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:07 PM

Awesome stuff man, I've liked your FB page and following the blog so I can keep up to date with how your games going.

Definitely inspiring for me to try and set my goals. Keep it up :thumbsup:

Thanks Twisterjamz, the facebook page is pretty poor at the moment as i haven't time to build it properly but i will be sharing all the blog posts onto it. Thanks again for reading and i hope whatever your working on is going well.

#22 InSanity

InSanity

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:11 PM

Hey, This is cool to see I have also dabbled with it a bit my biggest problem is I cant photoshop to save my life so creating assets is a mission for me. I might try again one day when i find time :P

#23 MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan
  • Steam ID:Monkeyman_707
  • PSN:Monkeyman_707
  • Xbox Live:MonkeyManRacing

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:30 PM

Hey, This is cool to see I have also dabbled with it a bit my biggest problem is I cant photoshop to save my life so creating assets is a mission for me. I might try again one day when i find time :P

I can't make my own assets either but they do have asset stores where you can get stuff, some for free, that's my plan my current little practice project

#24 stupidlikeafox

stupidlikeafox

No sleep 'til bed time

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• 12473 posts
  • PSN:foxymcstupid

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:03 PM

I can't make my own assets either but they do have asset stores where you can get stuff, some for free, that's my plan my current little practice project

In your project window, right click->Import Package->Prototyping you can import some basic stuff.

Today I failed with FPS controls, Then learned about the input manager which then broke my player movement. So good day overall.

#25 dudemanphat

dudemanphat
  • Steam ID:dudemanphat
  • PSN:dudemanphat
  • Xbox Live:dudemanphat

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:22 PM

In your project window, right click->Import Package->Prototyping you can import some basic stuff.

Today I failed with FPS controls, Then learned about the input manager which then broke my player movement. So good day overall.

Yea Unity does come with a bunch of basic assets you can import in and learn with. 

This is my favourite site for game assets to learn with. http://kenney.nl/assets. Also they are all royalty free if you did come up with something cool.

For first person and third person controllers i have pretty much used they controllers from the standard assets also. 

#26 stupidlikeafox

stupidlikeafox

No sleep 'til bed time

• 12473 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:26 PM

For first person and third person controllers i have pretty much used they controllers from the standard assets also.

I needed to create my own custom stuff as the standard controller's gravity cannot be affected. Turned out good though, just did some ray casting. Also loving the local transform stuff, so handy and easy to use.

#27 stupidlikeafox

stupidlikeafox

No sleep 'til bed time

• 12473 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:18 PM

LOL, such a n00b. Managed to finially figure out some basic quaternion lerping and I'm all "I AM A GODDDD" now. Still, one of the more challenging things of this project ticked off.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: game dev, development, games, nz games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users