Photo

Obscure Arcade Games Suggestion Thread

Jungle King konami MAME

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bobbety_F

Bobbety_F

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:09 AM

I've noticed when playng what I like to call Rom Roulette on MAME (basically scroling through the rom list with my eyes closed, stopping at a random point and playing the highlighted game!) that there are dozens of games I've never heard of, but which are quite brilliant. Swimmer is one of them, New York, New York is another, and Jungle King is yet another!

I was wondering what other hidden gems NZGamers might have found? 

I've included a link to my Jungle KIng video for reference, but feel free to ignore - it's full of my usual silliness. Bobbety:-)

https://youtu.be/F1BPIrcCa0g

Edited by Bobbety_F, 28 June 2017 - 11:10 AM.

#2 stupidlikeafox

stupidlikeafox

No sleep 'til bed time

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• 12449 posts
  • PSN:foxymcstupid

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:22 AM

I remember clocking some beat em up where the characters use yo yos when I went through a similar phase. Now I just play the ones I like.

#3 Unfathomable-Ruination

Unfathomable-Ruination

Trophy Hunter Extraordinaire

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • PSN:SecondGenesis
  • Xbox Live:GoreFlame

Posted 09 July 2017 - 08:43 AM

I remember clocking some beat em up where the characters use yo yos when I went through a similar phase. Now I just play the ones I like.

Spinmaster? Loved that gamed!

#4 stupidlikeafox

stupidlikeafox

No sleep 'til bed time

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• 12449 posts
  • PSN:foxymcstupid

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:29 AM

Yeah, that's the one. Also, random 80's arcade game that's worth mentioning is Vendetta. Just for the leather bound bosses that hump lamp posts alone.

#5 Bobbety_F

Bobbety_F

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:30 AM

Yeah, that's the one. Also, random 80's arcade game that's worth mentioning is Vendetta. Just for the leather bound bosses that hump lamp posts alone.

leather bound lamppost hugging bosses!? That would never get past a game design comittee these days...more's the pity;-)

#6 Bobbety_F

Bobbety_F

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:34 AM

What  about this one - Swimmer? It's a great little vertical scroller - avoid obstacles, avoid enemies...collect fruit. they don't make them like this anymore!

https://youtu.be/sx4OjBvHavk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Jungle King, konami, MAME

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users