Photo

GTA Online Race League

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Poll: GTA Race League (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Night to Race On?

1. Monday (2 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

2. Alternating Wednesdays (Xbox Youbee Night) (3 votes [21.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

3. Thursday (2 votes [14.29%] - View)

4. Friday (5 votes [35.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

5. Saturday (2 votes [14.29%] - View)

Start Time.

1. 7pm (2 votes [15.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

2. 7.30pm (2 votes [15.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

3. 8pm (9 votes [69.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 69.23%

Preferred Class

1. Super (5 votes [19.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.23%

2. Sports (6 votes [23.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

3. Sports Classic (5 votes [19.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.23%

4. Muscle (6 votes [23.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

5. Sedan (2 votes [7.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

6. Compact (2 votes [7.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 steele2189

steele2189
  • PSN:steele2189

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:38 PM

Just wanted to see who's interested in doing a GTA playlist made up of just races and make maybe a little league out of it.

I know a few players are after talking with them in the community chat. Devs having the original idea for this.

Just need to know what night will suit everyone best along with preferred start time and car to race in.

Will also have a couple of rules to make things more even and competitive such as;

1. No catch up

2. No Customs

3. Same Car to be used for entire playlist

Let me know what you guys think, post links to tracks you'd like to be featured and any other feed back.

Lastly those interested add me on psn Steele2189 just to make things easier on the night

Edited by steele2189, 26 June 2017 - 06:00 PM.

#2 MadCant

MadCant
  • PSN:MadCant

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:52 PM

Just wanted to see who's interested in doing a GTA playlist made up of just races and make maybe a little league out of it.

I know a few players are after talking with them in the community chat. Devs having the original idea for this.

Just need to know what night will suit everyone best along with preferred start time and car to race in.

Will also have a couple of rules to make things more even and competitive such as;

1. No catch up

2. No Customs

3. Same Car to be used for entire playlist

Let me know what you guys think, post links to tracks you'd like to be featured and any other feed back.

Lastly those interested add me on psn Steele2189 just to make things easier on the night

Hey Steele, that's a bloody good idea mate.  Just a couple of things I'm wondering about...

1.  What's the point of only having one vehicle for the entire evening?

2.  You've only listed Supers, if we're going with non-customs to balance things for those of us who don't have custom everything, a bit of variety would be cool.  Perhaps this poll would be better with an option for each of the main classes of vehicle..?  For example, I tend to think the Sports Classic & Muscle classes are the most fun & require a little more finesse to drive quickly.  I would therefore prefer to race these over all others - I find Sports & Super classes a little too much like they're on rails.

Alternating with Youbee nights is a good idea - I'd be down for Wednesdays from 8pm.  Much earlier & I'm usually hanging with the kids before they go to bed, or still stuck at work.

#3 steele2189

steele2189

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:58 PM

Actually that's a better idea thanks Mad. The main idea behind 1 car, 1 class was to kind of emulate a formula 1 season (I should've mentioned that to start with my bad), which maybe we could do the first time around?

#4 MadCant

MadCant
  • PSN:MadCant

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:03 PM

Actually that's a better idea thanks Mad. The main idea behind 1 car, 1 class was to kind of emulate a formula 1 season (I should've mentioned that to start with my bad), which maybe we could do the first time around?

Ah - that makes sense!  HIjack Ruston's - fixed 1st person all the waaay!  Actually the new AM Valkyrie should be tits, though as of last night it hadn't been released & it therefore shouldn't have made it into any custom races yet - X80 Proto is probably the next best thing.

#5 steele2189

steele2189

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:10 PM

And depending on number of races per playlist, length of tracks races will be 3-6 laps, So Spa would be a 3 lapper while Pukekohe would be 6 just so races are enough to get a taste of the track but not too long to get bored of them.

So far I've bookmarked:

F1 cricuits;

Catalunya

Suzuka

Melbourne GP

Abu Dabi GP

Singapore GP

Sap Fra......

Hockenkeim

Interlagos (Brazil)

Malaysia

Silverstone

Other crisuits;

Dunedin Street Race

Wellington 500

Hamilton Street circuit

Snetterton 300 (UK)

Edited by steele2189, 26 June 2017 - 06:26 PM.

#6 my_r32

my_r32
  • PSN:my_zx6rr
  • Xbox Live:Crudbubbles

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:20 PM

Sounds like a good plan there Steele. Alternating Wednesday doesn't work for us since we have xb1 as well (not that I ever get a chance to play it... :P) Monday is muck around night, Thurs is project cars till gtsport comes out so I'm going with Friday :) or sat.

#7 Dvst8u

Dvst8u

Dvst8u

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 3178 posts
  • PSN:Dvst8u

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:20 PM

im sure we could fit a 16 race meeting into a single 2hr or so session , will be cool if this kicks off

i voted wednesday , but could easily play any night apart from the mondays i play muck around and friday and sat nights if theres rugby i wanna watch. any night will do!

Edited by Dvst8u, 26 June 2017 - 06:22 PM.

#8 atipuss

atipuss
  • Steam ID:atimewmew
  • PSN:atipuss
  • Xbox Live:atipuss

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:10 PM

What fun! How about turning contact off? I know I'm not a racer and I probably won't join in much (if at all) but to me turning contact off is like testing your SKILL instead of oh no some f#€k hit me and crash bang all over the place while the person in front get to stay in lead out of luck....
Just my 2 cents

#9 SkylineObsession

SkylineObsession

Expert daydreamer

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 509 posts
  • Steam ID:mustang-man
  • PSN:SkylineObsession
  • Xbox Live:Mangosaurus

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:39 PM

Not a bad idea ati.

#10 cortez72

cortez72
  • PSN:cortez72

Posted 27 June 2017 - 08:36 AM

You could run different rules for different nights. Broughy's race crew have rules where for any given race, certain cars are run. Maybe a race series one week dedicated to the Banshee for example.

Those real world tracks we raced last night are pretty aweful. I only book marked one. There are plenty of great custom made tracks out there. I dare say dock yard auto cross is one of the true GTA classics.

Non contact, player owned Comets only, 6 laps, and you have yourself a race meeting.

#11 AdamC

AdamC
  • PSN:TheEnd-xi

Posted 27 June 2017 - 11:08 AM

Not a bad idea ati.

Terrible idea imo most of racing is trying to get a clean overtake. That's the fun.

Looks like a good idea overall though no catch-up no slipstream racing is sweet.
Customs would be better if we can get some competitive cars too

#12 atipuss

atipuss
  • Steam ID:atimewmew
  • PSN:atipuss
  • Xbox Live:atipuss

Posted 27 June 2017 - 11:14 AM

Not a bad idea ati.

Terrible idea imo most of racing is trying to get a clean overtake. That's the fun.

Looks like a good idea overall though no catch-up no slipstream racing is sweet.
Customs would be better if we can get some competitive cars too
you might be able make a "clean" overtake... but most can't ... lol

#13 Dvst8u

Dvst8u

Dvst8u

• Members
  • 3178 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 11:25 AM

we all have a different opinion on who takes out who , i get alot of sh*t for it , sure some justified but some isnt. so bring on contact and if we all race clean then there wouldnt be an issue , crashes happen. maybe do a test run tomorrow night and see what happens?

#14 AdamC

AdamC
  • PSN:TheEnd-xi

Posted 27 June 2017 - 11:37 AM

Friday is winning the poll ya bum get back to work

#15 Dvst8u

Dvst8u

Dvst8u

• Members
  • 3178 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 11:41 AM

Friday is winning the poll ya bum get back to work

nah :P

#16 steele2189

steele2189

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:32 PM

So looks like Fridays at 8 at this point. And I agree with Cortez real world tracks are great to try but just don't seem right if the ambiance isn't there, and for those of you that know of or have bookmarked some really great tracks let me know here and I'll bookmark them myself.

Also still not sure if to lock to just one class for a night which is easiest to do as host but whether to have it same car for the night e.g. If you choose the X20 in race one then you race it all night, that way there's still a mix of car in the field and everyone can choose their fav car for the night.

Will still keep it stock cars only to keep it a bit more fair for those who haven't earned big $ to by the awesome supers and fully do them up too

#17 Dvst8u

Dvst8u

Dvst8u

• Members
  • 3178 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:37 PM

theres tonnes of good races out there i just have trouble remembering them. we could also alternate steele , one night limited to super etc so you have to race the same car , then can choose anything in class the following meeting

ill try make a trophy out of a hot wheels car

Edited by Dvst8u, 27 June 2017 - 12:51 PM.

#18 steele2189

steele2189

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:17 PM

theres tonnes of good races out there i just have trouble remembering them. we could also alternate steele , one night limited to super etc so you have to race the same car , then can choose anything in class the following meeting

You mean bragging rights isn't enough of a trophy? lol

#19 Dvst8u

Dvst8u

Dvst8u

• Members
  • 3178 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:26 PM

You mean bragging rights isn't enough of a trophy? lol

nah ill just make one for me

#20 steele2189

steele2189

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:26 PM

You could run different rules for different nights. Broughy's race crew have rules where for any given race, certain cars are run. Maybe a race series one week dedicated to the Banshee for example.

Those real world tracks we raced last night are pretty aweful. I only book marked one. There are plenty of great custom made tracks out there. I dare say dock yard auto cross is one of the true GTA classics.

Non contact, player owned Comets only, 6 laps, and you have yourself a race meeting.

Just found a track created by a Broughy1322 I'm gonna assume it's the same guy, this track is 2k likes and only 400 dislikes so I'm gonna look into their creations

Ahhhh the David Bowie Speedway guys... their stuff should be awesome if their standards are the same for all their tracks

Edited by steele2189, 27 June 2017 - 01:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users