Monster Hunter World

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 AdamC

AdamC
  • Steam ID:LygerReach
  • PSN:JadamCrt

Posted 31 October 2017 - 06:28 PM

Getting pretty annoyed these days with all the exclusive deals. But still really looking forward to this.

The Exclusive Beta is stupid, but Im not bothered by the Exclusive Horizons stuff. That is how it should be done imo. Obviously extra stuff put in is cool, not holding stuff back from the other side even if it is timed. 

#22 Blackfox

Blackfox
  • PSN:Black-fox-nz, Mobile-Suit-Man

Posted 01 November 2017 - 08:36 AM

They have done some crazy collaborations in the previous games, problem was always local exclusivity. Its nice to see them branching out more towards the west this time round, fingers crossed for more crazy DLC.

#23 SpawnSeekSlay

SpawnSeekSlay

Filthy Casual Console Peasant

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1422 posts
  • Steam ID:SpawnSeekSlay
  • PSN:SpawnSeekSlay

Posted 01 November 2017 - 11:43 AM

Yeah looking forward to this.

Definitely will be on the Beta. And probably Day 1 for me... unless the Beta makes me hold off.

#24 AdamC

AdamC
  • Steam ID:LygerReach
  • PSN:JadamCrt

Posted 06 November 2017 - 02:10 PM

Apparently the Producer got asked if they were going to do loot boxes and he just said no because he would rather people play for the loot. Fancy that in this day and age lol

#25 atipuss

atipuss
  • Steam ID:atimewmew
  • PSN:atipuss
  • Xbox Live:atipuss

Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:53 AM

How is beta people? I'm getting day one so not bother just curious :)

#26 czk51

czk51
  • PSN:cheradenineZ

Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:03 AM

Spent an hour or so with it - enough time for 3 hunts. Coming from a 3DS background it's a luxury to use a PS4 controller! Gameplay seemed a little more blind hack and slash - the monsters were not as aggressive as MH:G which I'm used to. It's beta so best it not be too daunting for new players I guess..? 

The environments are great and Iove that the palico's seem to position themselves as potential traps in the game. 

Jury is still out as to whether I grab it, will wait for reviews as the key to MH in my experience has been levelling up via your gear, whereas this also employs an XP system so I'd like to see what that does for your character. 

Edited by czk51, 11 December 2017 - 07:04 AM.

#27 Blackfox

Blackfox

Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:24 AM

The level design is great, its screaming to be explored yet they gave us only 20min to complete each quest. Its a beta so no crafting etc. just simple Kill this quests, Rathalos and Diablos are available to hunt but only as optional targets. I really loved the new weapon attacks, HBG, longsword, GS, lance and i finally get to try the Charge shield.

#28 Dodgykiwi

Dodgykiwi

Decal King

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1916 posts
  • Steam ID:dodgykiwi
  • PSN:Dodgy Kiwi
  • Xbox Live:Dodgy Kiwi

Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:43 AM

Was interesting to try out & funny that one of the little dinosaur switched to my side which I have no idea how it happened.

Too short a time to make a decision whether to buy it day 1 or wait to see how many people here get it.  I don't want to be caught out again like i was with Evolve.

#29 Syn-Ryn

Syn-Ryn

Scrublord

• 8306 posts
  • Steam ID:steamcommunity.com/id/MADSUPERVILLAIN
  • Xbox Live:Blale

Posted 11 December 2017 - 01:00 PM

Watched a bunch of the beta on Twitch, looks really good. Still no PC release date from Capcom though...

#30 SpawnSeekSlay

SpawnSeekSlay

• Members
  • 1422 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 03:25 PM

Only jumped on to try it for 30mins so far (will do more tonight), beat the first (beginner) quest in like 5-6 mins, and had  no idea wtf I was doing, and just was hack and slash, sorta found a combo I liked that was knocking him over so just used that. Need more time to trial it out. I think its definitely a game I could get into, jut need to do a bit more tonight. Not sure Im a fan of the time limit thing all these 3 quests have (is that going to be in all missions in the release game?!?) I like to take my time and make a strat using the environment.

#31 Syn-Ryn

Syn-Ryn

Scrublord

• 8306 posts
  • Steam ID:steamcommunity.com/id/MADSUPERVILLAIN
  • Xbox Live:Blale

Posted 11 December 2017 - 04:18 PM

Hunts have time limits, but they won't be as short as the ones in the beta.

#32 SpawnSeekSlay

SpawnSeekSlay

• Members
  • 1422 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:09 AM

Anyone going to try the beta this weekend? on ps4.. was keen to trial the multiplayer out with someone that is probably getting it.

Regardless Ill be giving it another go this weekend, only had a short stint last time.

#33 Blackfox

Blackfox

Posted 20 December 2017 - 02:43 PM

I've got a tonne of stuff to do in the weekend with Christmas and all, wont stop me from popping on again though :P

#34 I3ridgeI3urner

I3ridgeI3urner
  • PSN:I3ridgeI3urner
  • Xbox Live:SFX7

Posted 21 December 2017 - 08:21 AM

Such a stupid time to schedule a beta with people busy with Christmas or away.  Doubt I will have an opportunity to jump into it, but would like to give it a go. Will be interested to read some impressions. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users