• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#101 MAC_HATER

MAC_HATER
  • Steam ID:MAC_HATER
  • Xbox Live:MAC HAT3R

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:51 AM

Hehe! have been a bit dormant to be honest

Unfortunatley I dont have my Xbox1 at the moment, its on long term loan to a family member as i barely used the thing, so ive only got access too FM7\FH3 on my PC at the moment D:

#102 mvon007

mvon007

Ex Forza Whore

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4460 posts
  • Steam ID:mvon007
  • PSN:mvon007
  • Xbox Live:mvon007

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:01 AM

Ahh dangit.

#103 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

What happened? How did I get here?

• Members
  • 11102 posts
  • PSN:drunk_monk_13
  • Xbox Live:drunkmonk37

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:58 PM

*sneaks back in*

That 23 lap race I split up into 5 lap chunks, otherwise I was nodding off ahah

That's so smart. I didn't pay attention to the lap count until I was in the race so paused it once because I was nodding off But just put something on TV and powered through.

Now I always check lap count.

#104 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

• Members
  • 11102 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:35 PM

Are there not as many Forza motorsport fans here over Horizon?

Or are people just burnt out from the series?

I remember the FH3 thread buzzing for weeks after release but this one seems to be dead.

#105 Conquisto007

Conquisto007
  • Xbox Live:Conquisto007

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:58 PM

Well for me i played fh3 to death and dont touch it anymore cos theres literally nothing to do in it anymore, although i do have one of the expansions but its just boring so meh.. whereas fh2 there is still so much to do. In motorsport terms theres nothing wrong with fm6 and i can see no reason to buy fm7 at all. Especially when i have so much still to do in fm6. Even then i dont think ive played any motorsport this year at all..

#106 sassydot

sassydot

Queen of Forza

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 3917 posts
  • Steam ID:sassydot
  • Xbox Live:sassydot

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:16 PM

Are there not as many Forza motorsport fans here over Horizon?

Or are people just burnt out from the series?

I remember the FH3 thread buzzing for weeks after release but this one seems to be dead.

TBH, FH3 put a fair few of us buzzers off getting FM7.  A lot of that buzz was buzz of discontent.

I certainly wasn't happy with it, despite 2 being quite possibly my favourite game.

I've got access to the Hot Wheels expansion, but haven't touched it.

The motorsport series generally has less players here, so yeah that has some to do with it, and those who do have it aren't our more prolific posters ;)

#107 womz

womz
  • Steam ID:womzz
  • Xbox Live:Womz

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:20 PM

I'm playing it most nights, really enjoying it

I wasn't so sure about the homologation at first but now I quite like it, it's making for some really good close racing

Oh and the weather effects are fantastic

#108 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

• Members
  • 11102 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:53 PM

Fair enough.  I was curious but its not surprising the FH has more buzz because of the light hearted, fun nature of the game.

I remember some discontent with FH3 but I don't remember people being that down on it.

#109 mvon007

mvon007

Ex Forza Whore

• Members
  • 4460 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:41 PM

It just isn't that exciting. They hyped the living hell out of a 6x bigger map and load of interesting locations, but the map was actually smaller than Horizon 2's on analysis, and the interesting locations were never even used in any races. The races they did include were totally unmemorable and bland compared to Horizon 2's.

They also hyped their 'blueprint' feature, billed as 'create your own races', and we believed that meant we would be able to create our own races wherever we liked, but it really just meant we could change the number of laps, types of cars, and weather. And then if we made the laps too high, the game tended to crash. Then there was the focus on skills areas that put some off. Previously we had found in Horizon 2 various places that were great fun for jumps and such, and spent ages at them; in 3 it was very prescribed, go here to jump, here to drift, and achieve the goals ... then we never went back to those places.

‚ÄčThere was never any motivation to win any race, because there was no progression, just a series of random events that unlocked as you played, tied to the ridiculous concept of gaining fans. If anything, actually constantly being told we were the boss was a put off as well, and they made no effort to add in any story or anything to support it. No wonder they dropped the concept for the expansions, which in their defence actually gave us goals for each race! The order was still random, and the inclusion of cups, which you could choose the races for, smacked of minimum effort just to keep us playing just a bit longer, but there was at least something to strive for; it's just a shame they didn't add Blizzard Mountain to the main map, and that they then went stupid with Hot Wheels, given that they already had our money from the Expansion Pass, and had already disappointed us, so why stop?

Anyway ... this is about Motorsport, and at the end of the day, there just isn't enough new over 6 to justify the purchase. Weather in 6 was interesting, but tbh it was a novelty thing, playing at night or in the rain on the odd occasion only, and I don't see dynamic weather changing that. We'll see what happens with 8! And in the meantime, Horizon 4. Maybe they do well with even numbers? Motorsports 2, 4, and 6 are the fan favourites after all!

Edited by mvon007, 19 October 2017 - 02:41 PM.

#110 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

• Members
  • 11102 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:15 PM

Haha good rant bond.

I think 5 was that gold game so my only motorsport experience is with 5 and 7 and I'm enjoying it:)

#111 SkylineObsession

SkylineObsession

Expert daydreamer

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 590 posts
  • Steam ID:mustang-man
  • PSN:SkylineObsession
  • Xbox Live:Mangosaurus

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:36 PM

I'm one of the few on the planet (apparently) that likes FH3 over FH2. Purely because i can finally drive on the correct (left) side of the road, in Australian cars, in Australia (next best thing to NZ sadly, but i'll take it).

The racing i prefer too, doing bits and bobs of championships etc instead of being 'forced' (?) to finish a championship before i move onto the next one.

And i like the expansions, but haven't played them much as have too many other games to play.

#112 mvon007

mvon007

Ex Forza Whore

• Members
  • 4460 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:41 PM

lol it was not my first time, I could probably have found a rant to copy paste quicker :)

Well then for you I guess they are doing well with prime numbers!

It is more so about when you come to the series. 5 was a massive downer after 4, but I came to the series with 5, and 6 was a big up on 5. 7 is a small up on 6, and is maybe more comparable to other past ups, but is hurt by how big an up 6 was on 5.

Re Mango, well I do seem to be in the minority in really liking Horizon 2's road trip play. What it does for mine is make it so I feel I can just play for a short time, not have to think about which races I want to do, and be guided where to go, and feel like it is progress. In 3 I have to decide on a race, and that usually ends up being Goliath or one of the street races, because they are the most interesting and the easiest to set up. 3 also for the most part went for car divisions over simple PI class divisions, making setup take much longer, and making it all the more unlikely everyone will even have a car they want to race. And as I understand it, FM7 is continuing along those lines, which to me is a shame.

#113 womz

womz
  • Steam ID:womzz
  • Xbox Live:Womz

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:46 PM

the dynamic weather is a big jump up from the static weather in 6. Start in the dry, end in a storm and the track gets progressively slippery. Oh and no static weird huge puddles, the water on the track pools in a much more realistic way

Not to mention less grip at night due to low temperature and similar effect with sand at Dubai (which is a great track btw)

#114 mvon007

mvon007

Ex Forza Whore

• Members
  • 4460 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:54 PM

It certainly seems highly technical with some of those very sharp corners. Long also, which is nice. Yeah the static puddles were always amusing, especially in the endurance showcase events in the rain.

#115 promaori

promaori

Your local jandal bandit

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1792 posts
  • Steam ID:haxspidornz
  • PSN:promaori
  • Wii:promaori
  • Xbox Live:promaori

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:45 PM

Won't be on for faffery tonight. Will be home around 11-11:30pm tonight.

#116 SkylineObsession

SkylineObsession

Expert daydreamer

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 590 posts
  • Steam ID:mustang-man
  • PSN:SkylineObsession
  • Xbox Live:Mangosaurus

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:21 PM

I like the road trips better in FH2, and i do see where you're coming from with the structured racing.

I've played Forza since FM1, so have seen the series advance and decline at the same time. The early FM games were great, with heaps of tuner cars available to buy, a lot more body modifications to choose from and so on.

I'm not a fan of the drivatar feature, because in every Forza game with them, i'm struggling to beat people on my friends list who have a decent level drivatar - even when i put AI difficulty on the absolute easiest, and make it as easy as possible for me to win races too. There's ALWAYS one or two AI cars right behind me even when we're miles away from the rest of the pack. Very frustrating thing i don't like about the new games, and i suspect FM7 will be the same. :(

Really don't know even *if* i'll end up buying FM7 now, after reading so many bad things about it. Just seems like more of what i don't really like about the series. In saying that though, GT Sport has a almost non existent selection of road cars in comparison, so i may get FM7 when stupidly cheap just to drive road cars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users