Ex Forza Whore

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4357 posts
  • Steam ID:mvon007
  • PSN:mvon007
  • Xbox Live:mvon007

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:54 AM

But the Edition perks are lamer than ever when you can make campaign races as long as you like, and just get mad credits and xp off the bat. Unless they change up the perks to give you extra grip or speed, like mod cards used to. Hmmm they haven't mentioned mod cards in a while; they were supposed to be back.

Yes, but this time you are officially shooting yourself in the foot with a minimal garage. Collection and customisation is the name of the game. In fact it could be a subtitle:

Forza Motorsport 7: Collection & Customisation (but not of tracks, they're still quite limited).

#62 WCMC13

WCMC13
  • Xbox Live:WCMC13

Posted 23 August 2017 - 03:44 PM

I know you guys are all talking about FM7 but for some context for a forza noob - what would you say were the main differences between FM5 and FM6?

The reason I ask is I picked up FM 5 (thanks to Sassy for pointing out it was cheap as chips in a sale!) and it would be fair to say I've barely touched the sides and I also tried FM6 when it was on a free play weekend awhile back and played it for a few hours.
I got the feeling that there was more of a campaign/career in 6 or at least a sense of progression (for me) than in FM5 which in some ways felt a bit more random with just doing whatever championship you like but the championships felt a bit repetitive. And definitely felt I enjoyed what i played of FM6 more than what i've played of FM5.

Assuming FM7 is more like FM6, I'm probably keen if nothing else just to see what the graphics are like on an X. 

#63 mvon007

mvon007

Ex Forza Whore

• Members
  • 4357 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:16 PM

6 added 12 tracks. It reduced the stickiness of grass and stopped it slowing you instantly to zero in most cases. On the Top Gear track it still does, but that's mainly because they didn't really bother to update it.

6 also made tyre walls behave less like actual walls. Tyres can be dislodged in the loose piles, and the tyre walls bounce you off rather than letting you coast around them - Long Beach becomes even more of a pain.

6 added night racing for several tracks, and rain racing for several tracks. The choices seemed random but they had excuses. Puddles on the track never changed over multiple laps.

6 added mod cards that you can apply in single player races to do various things - give extra credits/xp, give extra grip, etc.; and then there were some that added challenges for increased bonuses. You could buy random bunches of mod cards for credits, which was maddening for the fact that several of them were needed for achievements.

6's campaign did give the impression of more advancement than 5's, but it was still a grind for the most part. 5 just had nowhere near enough tracks - 12 at launch and like 600 championships with 10 core tracks + 7 bonus tracks each - totally ridiculous. In 6 they did theme things for car types and tracks sometimes, but there still aren't enough tracks or sport types represented to do that in a big way. It also required you to podium in every race in order to advance, which was poorly received by many, especially as at launch the drivatar AIs had a bit of a runaway lead thing going on.

#64 WCMC13

WCMC13
  • Xbox Live:WCMC13

Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:58 PM

Cheers mvon - very detailed! 

#65 Conquisto007

Conquisto007
  • Xbox Live:Conquisto007

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:16 PM

Nahhh im not getting it. Fm 6 is fine and nothing really looks improved from that to fm7 'cept probably the graphics. + I dont even play fm6 nowadays, or fh3. Havnt even finished blizzard mountain in that yet. Oh well.

#66 emetic

emetic

felis fortuna adiuvat

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 5315 posts
  • Steam ID:highwaygothic

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:16 PM

Hello
So i went off forza and sold my xboz a few iterations ago because it was just middle of the road cash-grab shovelware, but now i just noticed fm7 will play on my pc and support my wheel so... maybe I should give it a go. Wwyd.

#67 emetic

emetic

felis fortuna adiuvat

• Members
  • 5315 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:18 PM

By "a few iterations" i just mean like 1 year.
But yeh between GT Sport and PCars 2 idk. I'd only have time for one so I'm gonan have to start comparing.
Actually probably pcars but I'm not sure tbh.

#68 sassydot

sassydot

Queen of Forza

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 3840 posts
  • Steam ID:sassydot
  • Xbox Live:sassydot

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:04 AM

Yeah 6 has a bit more of a sense of progression over 5, at least at first.  Both are just a grind after the first 10 hours or so.

Its downside is that you must place gold (1st-3rd) in the race to move on, whereas in 5 you just had to get at least bronze which I think was as far down as 10th or 11th or something.  If, like me, you set things easy enough to win each time then that doesn't matter, but if you set it as a challenge that requirement can get frustrating.

#69 emetic

emetic

felis fortuna adiuvat

• Members
  • 5315 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:57 PM

Hmm well the career mode doesn't mean much to me, i never bothered completing it since i think it was FM3 which had that enormous grid of possible race events. I want to do leaderboard time trial, tuning and private multiplayer, so hopefully those things are unlocked from the start.

#70 YobboNZ

YobboNZ

Punk's not dead.

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 656 posts
  • Steam ID:Yobbo NZ
  • PSN:Yobbo_NZ
  • Xbox Live:Yobbo NZ

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:26 PM

Come back to us emetic, we miss you at vmotorsport.

#71 emetic

emetic

felis fortuna adiuvat

• Members
  • 5315 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:09 PM

Come back to us emetic, we miss you at vmotorsport.

Hmm i am not a cool person. You guys should play gran turusmo sport qith me

#72 YobboNZ

YobboNZ

Punk's not dead.

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:39 PM

That would require a PS4.

#73 emetic

emetic

felis fortuna adiuvat

• Members
  • 5315 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:32 PM

Yeah i would need to get one too.

Will there be cross platform support for FM7 so PC and XB1X can race togethwr?

#74 SkylineObsession

SkylineObsession

Expert daydreamer

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • Steam ID:mustang-man
  • PSN:SkylineObsession
  • Xbox Live:Mangosaurus

Posted 25 August 2017 - 07:37 PM

I've still got GT Sport pre-ordered, and paid for via PSN. Mainly because there hasn't been a GT game for 50 million years, and none on PS4.

But yeah, for some reason Forza Motorsport games since FM3 or 4 as mentioned have just been a big grind, it kinda feels like the races are all the same but with different cars. Whereas i've NEVER had that feeling with the Gran Turismo games and have finished every single one of them to 100% (or 102% in GT2).

It's really weird and i should probably start looking into why it feels, or maybe is, this way, as i really want to get all the races done in the Forza games. Hate being a completionist sometimes....

Edited by SkylineObsession, 25 August 2017 - 07:37 PM.

#75 sassydot

sassydot

Queen of Forza

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 3840 posts
  • Steam ID:sassydot
  • Xbox Live:sassydot

Posted 26 August 2017 - 10:13 AM

Yeah i would need to get one too.

Will there be cross platform support for FM7 so PC and XB1X can race togethwr?

Horizon 3 did, so I would expect so.

#76 emetic

emetic

felis fortuna adiuvat

• Members
  • 5315 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 01:18 PM

Hey that's pretty cool about the cross platform.

Yeh GT games have that je ne sais quois for me too. Forza isn't fun to play single player, and they seem to make it harder and harder to organise your own multiplayer too.
Whereas i found the opposite on gt: multiplayer isn't fun.
YMMV of course.

#77 Conquisto007

Conquisto007
  • Xbox Live:Conquisto007

Posted 23 September 2017 - 11:35 AM

Hmm. Played the FM7 demo.. Feels a bit more like horizon than motorsport. Grass is not sticky! FM6 feels clunky compared to this.. Still not going to get it but it is very interesting..

Edited by Conquisto007, 23 September 2017 - 11:36 AM.

#78 YobboNZ

YobboNZ

Punk's not dead.

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 03:26 PM

Hmm. Played the FM7 demo.. Feels a bit more like horizon than motorsport. Grass is not sticky! FM6 feels clunky compared to this.. Still not going to get it but it is very interesting..

You turned off friction assist, right?
Its defaulted to on when you start the demo.
That lets any surface act like normal dry racetrack.
No idea on the thought behind it.

#79 mo0ser

mo0ser

• Gaming Night Host
  • 331 posts
  • Steam ID:mo0ser
  • Xbox Live:mo0ser

Posted 23 September 2017 - 03:45 PM

I just wish that you could just do laps instead of the 2 lap races would of made the demo more interesting.

#80 mvon007

mvon007

Ex Forza Whore

• Members
  • 4357 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:14 PM

The nasty camera motion stuff happens even when you turn it -off-. The steering is well different from previously. The sky is really pretty, and the Dubai track is really bright in general, even though my tv didn't say it was doing hdr.

It does seem more horizon-like in a few ways. I also find it amusing that what we thought might be shorter loading screens seem actually to be longer but interactable loading screens. Having said that, it does seem like this is the e3 build as the content is exactly as they showed off then. In short, lazy, which is minimal surprise with this release as a whole.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users