• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1721 posts
  • Steam ID:haxspidornz
  • PSN:promaori
  • Wii:promaori
  • Xbox Live:promaori

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:09 AM

Speaking of which, Bild have revealed the Forza Motorsport 7 track list. There isn't any confirmation from Turn 10 from what I can tell, but apparently 4 new/rebirthed tracks?

• Alps
  • Bathurst
  • Brands Hatch
  • Catalunya
  • Circuit of the Americas
  • Daytona
  • Dubai
  • Hockenheim
  • Homestead
  • Indianapolis Motor Speedway
  • Sonoma Raceway
  • Laguna Seca
  • Le Mans
  • Lime Rock
  • Long Beach
  • Maple Valley
  • Monza
  • Mugello
  • Nürburgring
  • Test Track
  • Prague
  • Rio
  • Road America
  • Road Atlanta
  • Sebring
  • Silverstone
  • Spa-Francorchamps
  • Suzuka
  • Top Gear
  • Virginia International Raceway
  • Watkins Glen
  • Yas Marina

Source: http://www.computerb...65.html?fref=gc

Edited by promaori, 18 August 2017 - 10:09 AM.

#42 mvon007

mvon007

Ex Forza Whore

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4193 posts
  • Steam ID:mvon007
  • PSN:mvon007
  • Xbox Live:mvon007

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:12 AM

Yeah those are the new ones were known about since e3. 28 we already had, 3 we used to have, and all of 1, yes 1 new track. Oh and 3 cars that are new to the series as well. They really are putting every single egg in the 4k60 basket for this game. Sad.

#43 YobboNZ

YobboNZ

Punk's not dead.

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 656 posts
  • Steam ID:Yobbo NZ
  • PSN:Yobbo_NZ
  • Xbox Live:Yobbo NZ

Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:35 AM

So quality of racing is of no concern? Only new content?
Try playing with a group who race pretty seriously, as in all assists off, 1 hour or longer races etc.
Some people actually enjoy this game for what it gives.....racing.
GT Sport has what, 170 cars?
Iracing, probably less than 80?
Getting rather tired of the "more is better, why aren't they telling us anything" rants.
Wait till it releases, wait for the reviews, then decide.
Day one purchase here due to what I mentioned above, enjoyment of racing.

Edited by YobboNZ, 19 August 2017 - 09:35 AM.

#44 AdamC

AdamC
  • Steam ID:LygerReach
  • PSN:JadamCrt

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:24 AM

There can be no harm asking what is new and different from the last entry. Can there?

#45 YobboNZ

YobboNZ

Punk's not dead.

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:42 AM

The whole, I'm not impressed, not buying because xyz isn't added etc is starting to get a bit boring.

#46 ReaperCrew

ReaperCrew
  • Xbox Live:iwalkinshadow

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:37 PM

The potential idea of having longer races, with dynamic weather so you've got to take a gamble with pit stops to change tires, etc, if that is what they are doing in F7 is appealing. It would be even more appealing if I had a wheel setup, not sure I'd be too interested in long races with just a controller. This is one of the reasons I'm on the fence. Pretty sure there will be enough cars to choose from.

#47 mvon007

mvon007

Ex Forza Whore

• Members
  • 4193 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:59 PM

Great. Pleased to see there are reasons to get it, and I guess they -are- focusing on the esports arena, where the competitive racing aspects are going to be the focus. I think it is a shame they are going that way as it is of absolutely no interest to me. But more power to you :)

#48 SkylineObsession

SkylineObsession

Expert daydreamer

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 529 posts
  • Steam ID:mustang-man
  • PSN:SkylineObsession
  • Xbox Live:Mangosaurus

Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:28 PM

The main thing that's bugged me about Forza iterations is the cars disappearing from the next game only to come back as paid DLC. 

And simply cars just disappearing and not coming back (tracks too - the made up ones are obviously not absent due to licensing issues), but GT does this as well. Miss my Diablo GTR, SSC Ultimate Aero, F50 GT (oooohhhh funny how it's currently in a paid DLC pack for FH3...), older Koenigseggs etc etc. 

#49 promaori

promaori

Your local jandal bandit

• Members
  • 1721 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:11 AM

Today, during Xbox @ gamescom Live, we talked to fans about our commitment to bring all PC players a world-class racing experience with Forza Motorsport 7 for Windows 10 PCs. We unveiled the game’s PC specifications with an approachable wide range of hardware configurations and a massive list of more than 30 supported peripherals. We also announced that for the first time ever, fans will be able to play the Forza Motorsport 7 demo on Windows 10 PCs prior to the game’s release.

At Turn 10 Studios, PC gamers are a top priority, and as such, we have invested significant time to ensure Forza Motorsport 7 offers the best possible experience on Windows 10 PCs and is accessible to millions of more players.  Together with our state-of-the art ForzaTech engine, both Forza Motorsport 6: Apex and Forza Horizon 3 helped us quickly learn what’s needed to create a successful PC racing game – such as support for a wide range of PC setups and racing wheels. Since Forza Horizon 3 launched in September 2016, we’ve continued to make improvements to the PC version of the game, with updates to the Windows 10 PC demo, that we’re also applying to Forza Motorsport 7.

As a result, we’ve built Forza Motorsport 7 from the ground up to be the ultimate PC racing game, with native 4K resolution and unlocked framerate on high-end Windows 10 PCs, Xbox Play Anywhere and cross-play functionality, as well as support for multiple monitors, 21:9 displays and numerous peripherals. Plus, with more than 700 cars and 30 tracks, dynamic skies and weather, and an all-new campaign inspired by real-world racing, we’re excited to see PC gamers live their motorsport fantasies this holiday and join our community of more than five million monthly active players.

Thanks to your support and feedback, here are some of the new features we’ve added to the Windows 10 PC version of Forza Motorsport 7:

• Support for a Broad Range of PC Setups – Forza Motorsport 7 was designed to run smoothly across a wide range of Windows 10 PCs and performance settings. Not only have we lowered our minimum specifications to i5-750, we’ve also reduced our recommended specifications while still having the game run at a rock solid 60 frames per second. Even gamers with a Surface Book 4 Ultrabook or other budget-friendly gaming PC can play the game. Head over to net for the full list of recommended PC specifications.
  • PC Customization Options – We created Forza Motorsport 7 to be optimized for a wide range of Windows 10 PCs. With options like benchmark mode, 21:9 displays, 8x MSAA and 16x anisotropic peripherals, every player can experience the game the way they want. And with an unlocked framerate, each race is customized to be visually stunning.
  • Compatible with Fan-favorite Peripherals – We’re excited to share that thanks to multi-USB support, Forza Motorsport 7 will be compatible with more than 30 gamepads and racing wheels, including every fan-requested wheel on the market:

Xbox 360 Controller

Xbox One Controller

Xbox One Elite Controller

Xbox One S/X Controller

Dual Shock 4

Fanatec CSR

Fanatec CSR Elite

Fanatec ClubSport V2

Fanatec ClubSport V1

Fanatec CSL

Fanatec ClubSport V2.5

Fanatec Logitech G29

Fanatec Driving Force Pro

Fanatec G25

Fanatec Driving Force GT

Fanatec G27

Fanatec MOMO

Fanatec G920

Thrustmaster RGT

Thrustmaster T100

Thrustmaster T500 RS

Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari

Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE

Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Int

Thrustmaster T300 RS

Thrustmaster T300 RS GT

Thrustmaster T150

Thrustmaster T150 Pro

Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer

Thrustmaster TX 458

Thrustmaster TX Leather

Thrustmaster 458 Spider

Thrustmaster TMX

Thrustmaster TMX Pro

Thrustmaster TS-Xbox

Mad Catz Pro

Read more at https://news.xbox.co...8Szx0dQi5sggT.9

Exciting stuff! It would have been an awesome surprise to learn that the Xbox One would support older wheels. But that's a dream whilst Logitech rakes in heaps of coin for each G920 it sells... :(

#50 sassydot

sassydot

Queen of Forza

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 3730 posts
  • Steam ID:sassydot
  • Xbox Live:sassydot

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:27 AM

So quality of racing is of no concern? Only new content?
Try playing with a group who race pretty seriously, as in all assists off, 1 hour or longer races etc.
Some people actually enjoy this game for what it gives.....racing.
GT Sport has what, 170 cars?
Iracing, probably less than 80?
Getting rather tired of the "more is better, why aren't they telling us anything" rants.
Wait till it releases, wait for the reviews, then decide.
Day one purchase here due to what I mentioned above, enjoyment of racing.

I, too, enjoy racing.  Maybe I don't take it "seriously" but oh well, I find it much more fun with the assists on (and I don't have the time to invest to get "good" and take them off), but have certainly done 1 hour + races!  :thumbsup:

What we are saying is that there's nothing new being offered to encourage us to get this new release.  At least not right away.  We enjoy racing on the older iterations, so see no need to get the new one.

Or rather, there is nothing encouraging us to part with our funds before release, is more the point I guess.

They are heavily pushing the preorders (whenever I load up motorsport 6 it takes me to the store where I have to decline preordering 7 before I can start playing - good thing I don't just spam the A button to get through the loading screens and menu without looking :lol:) without, we feel, offering much excitement for doing so. THAT'S the bug - the pushing of the preorders with very little information, up until this weekend.

Yes, it is choice to do so or not, no one is forcing the preorder.  It's just frustrating, especially after the letdown of FH3 preorder and the mystery cash-grab of its expansion pass.

It's great that they are catering for you lot who are way more intense than we will ever be.  And for PC players, too, it seems.

I guess maybe you can see how those of us who are rather more casual, but have been looking forward to this game and excited for what it might bring us as something new, after all the hypehypehype, might be left feeling a bit deflated and like ...oh.

I haven't quite finished all the series in FM6, and have FM3 and 360 FH2 to work through as well, before considering what I get next  :blush:

That's wyh it's not a day-1 purchase for me, anyway.  As far as I'm concerned, the quality of racing in 6, and 3 too (probably 4 but I don't have it) is great, and I have those, so we're asking, what's the drawcard for the new one?  if one can already race a good game, what else is on offer to encourage us to get 7?  We're not into the serious multiplayer side of things, so don't need to keep up with the crowd moving to the next one, so really all it leaves is content.  That's why NEW content is of concern to us, and of that content, not a gazillion almost identical cars (if you care about the cars, that's great, but I don't - 80 would be fine with me) but new environments, new game modes, new experiences.

I guess the thread does read as a bit of a whinge-fest :whistle: :lol: Horizon 3 just left us feeling let down, and we are pinning our hopes on this one and having trouble accepting that they're moving the dame to a different focus to what we want :P like how dare they  ;)

#51 mvon007

mvon007

Ex Forza Whore

• Members
  • 4193 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:45 AM

Yep. If they're moving the dame that way, we'll move on to a different dame ;)

Actually, it is the only game I -was- looking forward to, so now I guess I'll just save pennies. Plenty of backlist to get through anyway, a lot of which will still benefit from 4kness, but I will be honest, the sheer disappointment of this title even has me questioning bothering with the One X.

#52 promaori

promaori

Your local jandal bandit

• Members
  • 1721 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:51 AM

I haven't finished FH2, FH3, FM5 and FM6. But I'm tempted on buying FM7 just for the fact that it's the newest game and everyone will be playing it. I very much doubt that future nights will touch the older games but having all will definitely make it easy to pick up and play for me.

#53 mvon007

mvon007

Ex Forza Whore

• Members
  • 4193 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:00 AM

Yep those are good points. But nights are few and far between and don't draw crowds like that used to anyway. When it goes on sale and no doubt adds tracks in DLC (DL *sigh*), I'll probably jump, but I'm not supporting their methods here. Lessons learnt from Horizon 3 and Civilization VI. Previous versions good, new versions not so good.

#54 YobboNZ

YobboNZ

Punk's not dead.

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:50 AM

Sassy, that was the correct response. 10 points for you 😀.
Just thinking of what you posted, it should be someone like me who is upset with lack of new content etc.
I am a motorsport fan, competed for 10 years, my brother since the mid 80s and my dad since the late 60s through to early 2000s. He also got to share the track with the 60s F1 gods when they used to come down to NZ in the off season.
But I'm not upset, new game, new challenges and hopefully more online private room features.

#55 mvon007

mvon007

Ex Forza Whore

• Members
  • 4193 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:09 PM

Online private room somehow has other connotations :D

Cool. Yeah, get upset, come on ;)

Scrap what I said earlier, have just preordered the Scorpio version of the X, oh well!

#56 SkylineObsession

SkylineObsession

Expert daydreamer

• Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:03 PM

Makes sense about the content issue for FM7 actually, and i have been wondering myself if i should get it now or just wait till it's cheaper.

Pay $150 now for the game, car pass and a few other things, or wait six months or so, buy the game for $60-70 and the car packs when they go on a special for like $30 or so...

Thinking of canning it, because the $150 edition this time seems to only have digital extras, nothing physical other than a steel case (really don't get the fascination with steel cases?).

And i've also only just started Forza 5 a few months back, and am barely halfway through FM6.

#57 mvon007

mvon007

Ex Forza Whore

• Members
  • 4193 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:20 AM

VIP cars are just horizon edition type things this time. This just gets harder and harder to believe.

#58 SkylineObsession

SkylineObsession

Expert daydreamer

• Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 09:25 AM

Yep, just cancelled my $150 version on Mighty Ape. Will wait till later in the year, or next year to get it now. I should really concentrate on trying to finish the ones i have. ;)

#59 mvon007

mvon007

Ex Forza Whore

• Members
  • 4193 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 09:32 AM

I think -that- might actually be there gift to us. The gift of time. And the $150 saving doesn't hurt :)!

#60 sassydot

sassydot

Queen of Forza

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 3730 posts
  • Steam ID:sassydot
  • Xbox Live:sassydot

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:28 AM

So...  is anyone actually getting it?

Horizon Edition cars could be kinda cool; if they made it so the pack covered the requirements for every campaign race, I'd be into that.  I could just have a HE garage :lol:  We know how I like to have a minimalist garage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users