Photo

Forza Motorsport 7

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#21 Conquisto007

Conquisto007
  • Xbox Live:Conquisto007

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:13 PM

Yeah the last motorsport game that let you have a.i cars in split screen was fm4. Even then it only let you have 2 others. Racing in splitscreen is fun and all, but it is dumb that we can't add more cars to the races to make them feel more like, well, races. When me and my little bro race it gets a bit boring with just the 2 cars :(

If they add in co-op campaign like horizon 3 did i might be tempted.. Still got like the whole career of fm6 to go anyway so meh..

Edited by Conquisto007, 30 June 2017 - 05:13 PM.

#22 mvon007

mvon007

Ex Forza Whore

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4193 posts
  • Steam ID:mvon007
  • PSN:mvon007
  • Xbox Live:mvon007

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:41 PM

Yeah coop campaign would be amazing but again no word and i very much doubt.

Re the drivatars in splitscreen, I'm almost surprised they don't drop splitscreen altogether like Halo 5 did. They wouldn't want anything to get in the way of their 4k60 message now!

#23 mvon007

mvon007

Ex Forza Whore

• Members
  • 4193 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:09 AM

They have released a first bunch of 167 cars. With a sumtotal of zero surprises woo! Oh except for the lack of the Bugatti Chiron, as it seems to be an exhaustive list by manufacturer, with a ridiculous 46 Ferraris.

I would post the link but I got done with a 1,000 word post on the Forza forums clarifying my concerns for some guy, and the thread got locked underneath me lol, and I'm a bit pissed off. Plus still no sign of more tracks!

#24 YobboNZ

YobboNZ

Punk's not dead.

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 656 posts
  • Steam ID:Yobbo NZ
  • PSN:Yobbo_NZ
  • Xbox Live:Yobbo NZ

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:30 PM

Still 533 launch cars to be revealed,plus DLC to be added on.
You can bet all the new cars in Horizon 3 will be in there.
I still don't understand why people get so upset about car reveals, when back in the day you never had that. Just played the game and got a surprise when you found a car you liked.

#25 mvon007

mvon007

Ex Forza Whore

• Members
  • 4193 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 04:05 PM

I kind of doubt the offroad buggies from FH3 will make it across, and also not sure about all those extra Australian cars.

It is time-based expectation. All games coming out NOW have information being released, and the comparison just does not look good. 60 tracks for Project CARS 2, "over 30" for FM7. Back when those old games were coming out, we pretty much just found the games in stores. Following progress was a thing; I remember having screenshots of Age of Empires II before the launch and going crazy over those, not to mention having to wait six weeks beyond the US release date ... but there wasn't the expectation there is now, or the competition.

And Turn 10 are doing themselves no favours being so secretive. They are asking people to preorder based on very little information, with even the day one and VIP car packs not yet announced, and only 4 new tracks to speak of.

#26 mvon007

mvon007

Ex Forza Whore

• Members
  • 4193 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:13 PM

And now the game is not getting Toyota production cars. They giveth Porsches but taketh away Toyotas. I guess so next time they can hype the sh*t out of Toyotas? This plus still only 4 new tracks announced is making this a rather questionable buy. Sad.

#27 womz

womz
  • Steam ID:womzz
  • Xbox Live:Womz

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:53 PM

as long as they still have Lexus I don't really care about Toyota

#28 YobboNZ

YobboNZ

Punk's not dead.

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 656 posts
  • Steam ID:Yobbo NZ
  • PSN:Yobbo_NZ
  • Xbox Live:Yobbo NZ

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:58 PM

Toyota make boring cars anyways.
I also work for Toyota.

#29 promaori

promaori

Your local jandal bandit

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1721 posts
  • Steam ID:haxspidornz
  • PSN:promaori
  • Wii:promaori
  • Xbox Live:promaori

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:53 PM

And now the game is not getting Toyota production cars. They giveth Porsches but taketh away Toyotas. I guess so next time they can hype the sh*t out of Toyotas? This plus still only 4 new tracks announced is making this a rather questionable buy. Sad.

Apparently this was a rumor by AR12 Gaming and should not be taken as gospel. I wouldn't say that Toyota's aren't making it to Forza Motorsport 7 unless they're omitting it from launch and stuffing it into a Toyota car pack.

#30 mvon007

mvon007

Ex Forza Whore

• Members
  • 4193 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:29 PM

Well now it is confirmed, with the usual amount of information (none) from the devs, just a very to the point release. It is quite crazy how little information they want people to preorder based on - including no sign of info on what is in the preorder car packs. Madness. And it was really the only title I was looking forward to for later this year. Now, less so.

#31 Jenesyde

Jenesyde
  • Xbox Live:Jenesyde

Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:40 PM

Any news of whether they're finally including Lada?

#32 mvon007

mvon007

Ex Forza Whore

• Members
  • 4193 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:15 PM

No. 90 brands though, that is quite an up unless they are dividing them unnecessarily to artificially inflate that, like they do with the pretty much identical cars.

#33 ReaperCrew

ReaperCrew
  • Xbox Live:iwalkinshadow

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:29 PM

Xbox has announced that digital pre-orders get the 'Hoonigan Car Packs' for Forza 7 and Forza Horizon 3. More information available from https://news.xbox.co...an-partnership/

Edited by ReaperCrew, 15 August 2017 - 08:30 PM.

#34 mvon007

mvon007

Ex Forza Whore

• Members
  • 4193 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:59 AM

Unfortunately, they still want us to preorder based on next to no information on what is in 7. At least this time they are telling us the car pack it subsidises before it releases though, baby steps towards acceptable treatment of customers lol :D

#35 promaori

promaori

Your local jandal bandit

• Members
  • 1721 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:24 AM

Unfortunately, they still want us to preorder based on next to no information on what is in 7. At least this time they are telling us the car pack it subsidises before it releases though, baby steps towards acceptable treatment of customers lol :D

Don't pre-order then. No one has your arm behind your back forcing you to do so. At least until you get the clarification you require.

#36 Moeggo

Moeggo
  • Xbox Live:Moeggo

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:15 PM

I can't get excited about the standard Forza anymore.. But those graphics look fantastic! Looking forward to the next Horizons thou!

#37 mvon007

mvon007

Ex Forza Whore

• Members
  • 4193 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:40 PM

Horizon 3 was such a disappointment though!

#38 promaori

promaori

Your local jandal bandit

• Members
  • 1721 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:39 PM

Horizon 3 was such a disappointment though!

I guess it depends what you expect from Horizon 3. I've joined a few Forza groups on Facebook, and while there are a few people who share your viewpoint, a whole bunch more appear to enjoy playing Horizon 3 still. I'm more than happy to continue playing it. I still have a lot of progress to get through on Horizon 2, Forza Motorsport 5 and 6 and Horizon 3. I guess I just need to sit down and fiend it, but it's difficult to get through without suffering burnout.

#39 mvon007

mvon007

Ex Forza Whore

• Members
  • 4193 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:06 AM

I expected it to be at least as good as 2. It didn't hold a candle to 2. Boring races. No motivation to ever win a race. Even less feeling of progression. Lame playgrounds. Telling us where to do jumps and drifts and such rather than letting us find fun places. Falsely advertising Blueprint as "create your own races".

Also 2's directed gameplay was I think its best aspect. Some people disagree, but if you have only a little time to play, being told where to go next is so much better than picking among 63 races that all blend together. Races are also more trustworthy. In 2 you know if you're going to be offroad based on the race; in 3 almost every race involves some offroad ... even the Street races. Also the boss and fans "story" was so minimal effort, the characters were unlikeable (even more so than Ben), and voices just irritating.

And again, no motivation at all and no longevity. That's why I still happily play FH2 championships just for fun, but have no intention of doing more FH3 ... the 500gs for the new Hoonigan thing is tempting, but waiting for Gamescom to see if FM7 has more than 4 new tracks to try to tempt a buy. Only one week now woo!

Oh, and if you want to get that drift achieve in FM5 for me, I could do FH2 championships for you lol ;)

#40 promaori

promaori

Your local jandal bandit

• Members
  • 1721 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:17 AM

I expected it to be at least as good as 2. It didn't hold a candle to 2. Boring races. No motivation to ever win a race. Even less feeling of progression. Lame playgrounds. Telling us where to do jumps and drifts and such rather than letting us find fun places. Falsely advertising Blueprint as "create your own races".

Also 2's directed gameplay was I think its best aspect. Some people disagree, but if you have only a little time to play, being told where to go next is so much better than picking among 63 races that all blend together. Races are also more trustworthy. In 2 you know if you're going to be offroad based on the race; in 3 almost every race involves some offroad ... even the Street races. Also the boss and fans "story" was so minimal effort, the characters were unlikeable (even more so than Ben), and voices just irritating.

And again, no motivation at all and no longevity. That's why I still happily play FH2 championships just for fun, but have no intention of doing more FH3 ... the 500gs for the new Hoonigan thing is tempting, but waiting for Gamescom to see if FM7 has more than 4 new tracks to try to tempt a buy. Only one week now woo!

Oh, and if you want to get that drift achieve in FM5 for me, I could do FH2 championships for you lol ;)

Haha i still need to go and reattempt that. i think i've finished the 16 fh2 championships, but not looking forward to bingeing all 160 lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users