House Buying Information

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 AdamC

AdamC
  • Steam ID:LygerReach
  • PSN:JadamCrt

Posted Yesterday, 05:22 PM

Did you not check with the guy who gave you the report? When we got it done they answered all the questions we had. I thought that was the whole point of getting the report.

#42 BigC

BigC
  • PSN:NZBigC

Posted Yesterday, 05:27 PM

Yeah I'm gonna contact him afterwards. Just seeing if anyone knows anything first.

Alsp can you ask the owners of the house to fix things and/or negotiate the price of the house so that you can fix them yourself?

#43 AdamC

AdamC
  • Steam ID:LygerReach
  • PSN:JadamCrt

Posted Yesterday, 05:51 PM

Ya you can do that. It’s a good idea to get it put into the conditions that they get repairs done before you buy it.

#44 sassydot

sassydot

Queen of Forza

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 3920 posts
  • Steam ID:sassydot
  • Xbox Live:sassydot

Posted Yesterday, 06:46 PM

Yeah I'm gonna contact him afterwards. Just seeing if anyone knows anything first.

Alsp can you ask the owners of the house to fix things and/or negotiate the price of the house so that you can fix them yourself?

Definitely.
And when you do the pre-purchase insurrection, if anything isn't up to scratch compared to when you put the offer in, you can also negotiate it to be fixed up or a lower settlement.
One place I bought in Hamilton had gates when we viewed that had disappeared at the time of the pre-purchase. The neighbouring property mysteriously and suddenly had gates that had paint marks the same colour as our house (was vendor's cousin). Our agent told theirs that the gates had to be back or we'd be settling for $500 less to cover the cost of installing new ones. They were back within an hour :lol: and the neighbours no longer had gates

#45 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

What happened? How did I get here?

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 11119 posts
  • PSN:drunk_monk_13
  • Xbox Live:drunkmonk37

Posted Yesterday, 10:30 PM

Yup get the builder to give specifics and quote the job.

It may not be enough to care or might be enough to justify a change in price.

I had water damage in our laundry too but the builder said it was superficial so to not worry.

Edited by drunk_monk, Yesterday, 10:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users