'Alien' Day - April 26th

movies Alien Aliens Alien Covenant

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lax1

lax1
  • PSN:gumshoe75

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:19 AM

Not sure if this had been posted anywhere else, but select cinemas around NZ are having one-off screenings of Alien to celebrate Alien Day on April 26th. 

Great opportunity to see the first movie on the big screen, especially with Alien: Covenant around the corner.

List of screenings (by region) here;

http://www.flicks.co.nz/movie/alien/

#2 Dodgykiwi

Dodgykiwi

Decal King

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1609 posts
  • Steam ID:dodgykiwi
  • PSN:Dodgy Kiwi
  • Xbox Live:Dodgy Kiwi

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:41 AM

Damn only shown at Riccarton here in Christchurch which is an ass of a place to park maybe I will watch the DVD instead.

#3 Killjoy

Killjoy

life is killing me👌

• Members
  • 2395 posts
  • Steam ID:Killjoy1690

Posted 25 April 2017 - 05:56 PM

Its pretty cool they're doing that, I'm not a fan of going to the movie theatre but I wouldn't mind seeing that one as its my second fav movie of all time.  Sadly I can't make it that day but I might do as Dodgy suggested and watch it at home on blu ray

#4 lax1

lax1

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:58 PM

Its pretty cool they're doing that, I'm not a fan of going to the movie theatre but I wouldn't mind seeing that one as its my second fav movie of all time.  Sadly I can't make it that day but I might do as Dodgy suggested and watch it at home on blu ray

Yeah cinemas can be a bit of a zoo these days but I'm hopeful it will be all like minded people there who will go to appreciate the film for what it is. Blu ray is a good compromise tho.

#5 Killjoy

Killjoy

life is killing me👌

• Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:26 PM

Yeah cinemas can be a bit of a zoo these days but I'm hopeful it will be all like minded people there who will go to appreciate the film for what it is. Blu ray is a good compromise tho.

lol zoo, last time I went to the cinema some guy was rocking back and forth muttering to himself most of the way through it.  Another time some douche teen put his feet on the back of someones chair and started a fight, people can be annoying but for me its more that I like to pause it and get a drink or go toilet and have total silence without anyone yapping or rustling bags, chewing, coughing etc.  But for one of my all time favourites I would consider it but getting to Riccarton tomorrow just ain't gonna happen so I'll settle with Blu ray for sure.

#6 lax1

lax1

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:59 PM

lol zoo, last time I went to the cinema some guy was rocking back and forth muttering to himself most of the way through it.  Another time some douche teen put his feet on the back of someones chair and started a fight, people can be annoying but for me its more that I like to pause it and get a drink or go toilet and have total silence without anyone yapping or rustling bags, chewing, coughing etc.  But for one of my all time favourites I would consider it but getting to Riccarton tomorrow just ain't gonna happen so I'll settle with Blu ray for sure.

haha - yeah cinemas do tend to bring out the "best" in people. Last night wasn't to bad, although some dude sat next to me with a large popcorn  - I swear to god it took him almost the whole movie to finish it. There's cinema chain in the states where there's basically no food/mobiles/talking allowed etc, otherwise you get thrown out. Wish they would open here..

#7 Killjoy

Killjoy

life is killing me👌

• Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:05 PM

haha - yeah cinemas do tend to bring out the "best" in people. Last night wasn't to bad, although some dude sat next to me with a large popcorn  - I swear to god it took him almost the whole movie to finish it. There's cinema chain in the states where there's basically no food/mobiles/talking allowed etc, otherwise you get thrown out. Wish they would open here..

Right.  Sounds like a great idea that.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: movies, Alien, Aliens, Alien Covenant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users