Photo

Friday The 13th: The Game Discussion

Friday The 13th: The Game Jason Vorhees Dead By Daylight Horror Thriller Slasher Film

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 RKO_NZ

RKO_NZ

www.obsrv.org

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • Steam ID:Fnpwnage
  • PSN:NiueanNemesis
  • Xbox Live:TERMINATOR NZL

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:00 AM

I used the forum search engine and didn't seem to return any results for a forum post relating to this game (If there is, please remove this mods ;) )

i5iH1PD.jpg

Anyway, for people who haven't been following, the backerkit campaign ended on 31st March, cards were charged for pre-orders around April 2nd, the developers Gun Media are nearing their game release window of early 2017 but still haven't given a clear date, citing they can't give a release window until rating boards abroad fully cert the game, as North America have given it M15+, and they do expect ratings board like Australia could give it an R18 (dev's have made clear they have put not sort of sexual nudity or sexual content in the game, as they didn't want the game to be raunchy and adding these things probably would of only got it cleared in the states and banned elsewhere.) I never got a chance to play during the beta time, had codes but gave away to friends who had high tier gaming PC's because my system wasn't compatible, and this game seems like it would be a great community night game, for all platforms so another reason why I'm hoping our NZG community (especially XB1 peeps since that's my main console) have some interest in this game, because it would be a community night game.

Just wanted to know who from the forum has invested/backed the project, who hasn't heard of the game or any members here who lost faith in the project and what systems they are getting it on. The waits been pretty long, I pledged to the project last year, although the wait has been killer "pardon the pun ;)" Its one of the games I'm really looking forward to this year besides my yearly sport titles and Star Wars Battlefront 2.

Edited by RKO_NZ, 22 April 2017 - 09:50 AM.

#2 RKO_NZ

RKO_NZ

www.obsrv.org

• Members
  • 1376 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:51 AM

Surprised nobody's replied to this topic, maybe everyone a bit ancy because of no release date, but today it has been delivered, Illfonic and Gun Media have announced that the game will now be released on the 27th May 2017!!!! about a month left till release

https://www.facebook...37290886286402/

Edited by RKO_NZ, 22 April 2017 - 09:52 AM.

#3 zarr0ch

zarr0ch
  • Steam ID:Zarr0ch
  • PSN:Zarr0chnz
  • Xbox Live:zarr0ch

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:42 AM

I bought that for PS4 a few days ago,  having fun with it, but I'm not very good at it yet

#4 RKO_NZ

RKO_NZ

www.obsrv.org

• Members
  • 1376 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 12:03 PM

I bought that for PS4 a few days ago,  having fun with it, but I'm not very good at it yet

Nice to see there was some interest for it, the community has seemed to pass on this game so its not talked about often here.

It will be difficult for new comers (you can still survive) but most players are use to the game by now so Jason players know all the little tips and tricks to catch everyone easy. If you're playing as a counselor and don't like getting harassed by Jason, AJ or Deborah are always the best (I like Deb because of the 10 repair, AJ has 7 but she can still f it up)  If you want to really give Jason a hard time finding you. Use AJ and hopefully if you're lucky you'll roll perks that give boosts to debuffing Jasons sense ability and stay away from "Hero Cabins" good way to keep yourself alive for awhile till you get use to the game.

I'm currently running an Agitator Chad class, with Epic Marathon, Rare Heavy Hitter and Rare Restful. So Chad becomes the Flash and because of his luck weapons last longer plus higher stun chances with weapons that arn't a bat. I use him to run parts and cause distractions.

#5 BigC

BigC
  • PSN:NZBigC

Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:31 PM

It might just be me, but I felt that Jason is way too overpowered in the game, especially the longer the game goes on. It would be nice if you could break free from him once you get caught (other than having an item on you at the time). I haven't played it for a while now so things may have changed.

Is there going to be a story mode to this? That would be sick!

#6 RKO_NZ

RKO_NZ

www.obsrv.org

• Members
  • 1376 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:51 AM

Story mode "according to the devs" was suppose to be coming out sometime soon, possibly toward the end of the year. I think there main focus still is squashing bugs and fixing exploits and trying to keep the multiplayer community happy. I know everyone has been bagging on the developers due to lack of story but the games multiplayer is where it shines and will what keep the game alive, not the story.

Somethings have been changed, certain buffs/debuffs to Jason and Consellors. I've managed to break free a couple dozen times, but only using Tommy and Jenny because of the maxed composure, and a couple of times using Bugzy but thats only when he has little to no fear. Its also believed (from what I seen on Youtube it seems to be true)  that Jason's grab radius is larger on Xbox than PS4 and with the last patch, they've also screwed up with Pocket Knifes again so certain kills Jason does, doesnt activate pocket knifes. The biggest reason why its impossible to escape his grabs is because of how the executions work. you've probably seen the serious players use the head punch kill since its fast and it doesn't require much space to be done over the other more entertaining brtual kills like the axe swings or coconut smash where its next to impossible to do inside of a cabin.

I'd say when you're not playing siege ;), jump back on see how the new update changes things for you. Theres smaller map variants now which gives more faster pace, shorter games.

#7 BigC

BigC
  • PSN:NZBigC

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:42 AM

Haha yeah Siege just takes up waaaay too much time for me :P

I'd say when you're not playing siege ;), jump back on see how the new update changes things for you. Theres smaller map variants now which gives more faster pace, shorter games.

That's actually pretty good to hear. One time I was playing with a pretty bad Jason, and there was just a friend of mine and myself left, and we were just running around in circles for about 20 minutes because we could not find the phone or keys (had everything else) and it just got dull and boring. 

Are there more than just one set of keys/petrol/batteries? Would seem pretty stupid to only have one set despite there being two cars.

#8 RKO_NZ

RKO_NZ

www.obsrv.org

• Members
  • 1376 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:37 PM

Haha yeah Siege just takes up waaaay too much time for me :P

That's actually pretty good to hear. One time I was playing with a pretty bad Jason, and there was just a friend of mine and myself left, and we were just running around in circles for about 20 minutes because we could not find the phone or keys (had everything else) and it just got dull and boring. 

Are there more than just one set of keys/petrol/batteries? Would seem pretty stupid to only have one set despite there being two cars.

Always two of each if two cars spawn, one set if car and boat. In the smaller map variants so far there is always two cars (they cut out majority of the water to compensate for size.

Probably had one of two things happen. someone who escaped may of had the other keys or someone died in some obscure place running from jason and they probably ended up nicely nestled and hidden away behind some rocks. To prevent trolling, if someone died in the water the items spawn on the shoreline closest to where the player died

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Friday The 13th: The Game, Jason Vorhees, Dead By Daylight, Horror, Thriller, Slasher Film

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users