• Please log in to reply
558 replies to this topic

#541 atipuss

atipuss
  • Steam ID:atimewmew
  • PSN:atipuss
  • Xbox Live:atipuss

Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:08 AM

It's like i want to love it.... everyone who got dlc love it...but deep down i know it's so shallow and cheap......
jumped in to buy op gun from xur that everyone is talking /using ... was fun but just shows how broken the game is...

#542 czk51

czk51
  • PSN:cheradenineZ

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:34 PM

Update from Bungie addressing CoO locking out Vanilla players: https://www.bungie.n...tail/News/46537

We’ve heard from the community that both of these plans aren’t working. The Prestige Raid was a novel experience that players value, even if they don’t own Curse of Osiris, and it was a mistake to move that experience out of reach. Throughout the lifetime of the Destiny Franchise, Trials has always required that players owned the latest Expansion. However, for Destiny 2, Trials of The Nine launched as part of the main game, so it’s not right for us to remove access to it.

To make matters worse, our team overlooked the fact that both of these mistakes disabled Trophies and Achievements for Destiny 2. This was an unacceptable lapse on our part, and we can understand the frustration it has created.

Therefore, this week, we will release a hotfix that will make the following changes:

The Prestige Leviathan Raid will be brought back down to Power 300, and its rewards will drop down to match the new Power Level. All players will regain access to the Prestige Raid.
This will allow access to “The Prestige” Achievement/Trophy for all players.
This will also allow all players ability to complete the final step for the Legend of Acrius Exotic Shotgun.

Trials of The Nine will only require Curse of Osiris when it features a Curse of Osiris map. For all other weeks, it will be available to all players.
This will allow access to “Lest Ye Be Judged” Achievement/Trophy for all players.
Trials of The Nine rewards that launched with Destiny 2 will still be accessible to all players.
New Seasonal Rewards that launched with Curse of Osiris, such as the new Seasonal Armor Ornaments, will require ownership of Curse of Osiris to acquire.

The Prestige Nightfall will remain a pinnacle activity, at the new 330 Power cap.    
This means Prestige Nightfall will require ownership of Curse of Osiris.
Because of this, we will update “The Prestige” Achievement/Trophy to only reference The Prestige Raid.
Moving forward, we are investigating adding a 3rd difficulty to all Prestige activities, so that we can provide both a challenge that stays relevant with each new Expansion, and a Prestige version that is available to all players.

Normal Nightfall will only require Curse of Osiris when it features a Curse of Osiris map. For all other weeks it will be available to all players.

Time limited events – Iron Banner, Faction Rally, and The Dawning, will be made available to all players.
We will be postponing tomorrow’s Faction Rally, to ensure all of our players can access the activity and the appropriate rewards.
Iron Banner and Faction Rally rewards that launched with Destiny 2 will still be accessible to all players.
New Seasonal Rewards that launch with Curse of Osiris, such as the new Seasonal Armor Ornaments, will require ownership of Curse of Osiris to acquire.

We expect these changes to go live tomorrow at the end of scheduled maintenance to deploy Update 1.1.1.1. Moving forward, we are also looking to improve on Heroic Strikes, with new challenges, new Modifiers, and free access for all players.

Edited by czk51, 12 December 2017 - 01:40 PM.

#543 AdamC

AdamC
  • Steam ID:LygerReach
  • PSN:JadamCrt

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:10 PM

Damn all I hear from these guys lately is sorry.

#544 JDogg

JDogg

[NZGR]

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4899 posts
  • PSN:JorDogg

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:24 PM

Its a bit shite to bring the prestige raid down to 300, makes the rewards irelivent to people trying to level up just to please a few people who didnt buy CoO and are looking to walk away anyways.

I rember how much of a winge people had when the old raids became irelivent due to staying at the old power levels, people had no insentives to do them anymore. So they brought them all back to top light in D1 and continued that trend into D2. Now people are getting all skitz and wanting it to go back lol geeeeezzzeeessuussss!

#545 Metdevil

Metdevil
  • PSN:metdevil678

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:25 PM

Its a bit shite to bring the prestige raid down to 300, makes the rewards irelivent to people trying to level up just to please a few people who didnt buy CoO and are looking to walk away anyways.

I rember how much of a winge people had when the old raids became irelivent due to staying at the old power levels, people had no insentives to do them anymore. So they brought them all back to top light in D1 and continued that trend into D2. Now people are getting all skitz and wanting it to go back lol geeeeezzzeeessuussss!

The loot still scales for you regardless, all that's changed is the price of admission.

EDIT: Sorry, it doesn't. My bad, I read it wrong :P

Back to the days of D1 I suppose, and hoping that one day they make it relevant again...

Edited by Metdevil, 12 December 2017 - 03:30 PM.

#546 AdamC

AdamC

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:30 PM

The loot still scales for you regardless, all that's changed is the price of admission.

EDIT: Sorry, it doesn't. My bad, I read it wrong :P

Back to the days of D1 I suppose, and hoping that one day they make it relevant again...

You should be able to select the level cap. This should be a simple fix. Why is it only one option is what I’d like to know.

Edited by AdamC, 12 December 2017 - 03:33 PM.

#547 Metdevil

Metdevil
  • PSN:metdevil678

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:35 PM

You should be able to select the level cap. This should be a simple fix. Why is it only one option is what I’d like to know.

"Moving forward, we are investigating adding a 3rd difficulty to all Prestige activities, so that we can provide both a challenge that stays relevant with each new Expansion, and a Prestige version that is available to all players."

At least they're working on it :)

#548 AdamC

AdamC

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:15 PM

"Moving forward, we are investigating adding a 3rd difficulty to all Prestige activities, so that we can provide both a challenge that stays relevant with each new Expansion, and a Prestige version that is available to all players."

At least they're working on it :)
Ahh I should read properly too lol.

#549 birdman

birdman

[NZGR]

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4157 posts
  • PSN:quackdog

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:31 AM

Not exactly true, you can now still chase the super rare and amazing prestige armour pieces...

/s

They f***ed up by locking vanilla trophies/achievements behind the DLC, I'm pretty sure that is the crux of it. Considering consoles have only had it since September and PC only a few weeks so it was rough on anyone that hasn't done these yet (not Harry Hardcores like us lol). 

I'm torn between pulling stumps on the game now completely or ponying up for the rubbish DLC to continue. Spawn guessed right in that they wouldn't refund me last Friday as they were waiting on Bungie's response. I received an email yesterday about it just telling me the same thing, i.e. no go. I still need to smash out the Hunter and Titan sub class trophies for my platinum too.

Edited by birdman, 13 December 2017 - 07:35 AM.

#550 czk51

czk51

Posted 13 December 2017 - 08:05 AM

so they've delployed the update 1.1.1.1 that undoes a lot of the vanilla lockouts which is great, but in the same week, have just made Mercury the Flashpoint location, which means it's now locked for vanilla players, a lockout probably not even anticipated by most. 

#551 birdman

birdman

[NZGR]

• Members
  • 4157 posts
  • PSN:quackdog

Posted 13 December 2017 - 08:56 AM

so they've delployed the update 1.1.1.1 that undoes a lot of the vanilla lockouts which is great, but in the same week, have just made Mercury the Flashpoint location, which means it's now locked for vanilla players, a lockout probably not even anticipated by most. 

Bungo are the ultimate trolls!

trollface.jpg

Edited by birdman, 13 December 2017 - 08:58 AM.

#552 SpawnSeekSlay

SpawnSeekSlay

Filthy Casual Console Peasant

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1422 posts
  • Steam ID:SpawnSeekSlay
  • PSN:SpawnSeekSlay

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:42 AM

Ive got the expansion, havent stepped in but for 2mins to see Xur for the Prometheus Lens.

Just didnt feel it when back in there, just wanted to go back to Warframe... probably because its new and interesting to me, sooo much to do, such a good grind, crafting and progression systems...  

Bit rough on the Prestige Trophy having to do the Prestige Raid to get it now, bugger that lol

Glad I got it from a nightfall when I did.

I just need a carry in Trials to get my last trophy for Plat, should have done that in week 1... but maybe Ill try again after xmas when all the xmas noobs spring up (and ill still get destroyed probably)

Edited by SpawnSeekSlay, 13 December 2017 - 10:43 AM.

#553 ChieftaiNZ

ChieftaiNZ

Armchair Developer

• Members
  • 1916 posts
  • Xbox Live:ChieftaiNZ

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:06 AM

Bungie "f*** you guys we already got your money"

#554 atipuss

atipuss

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:34 PM

I'm torn

so torn.... have to stop looking in fb LOD group...they are right...in a way... it's MMO... I should have known better... should not be so casual. ... should not expect 10hours of deep single player experience with a bit of fun with my clan mates.... 😶 found really nice girls to play with but destiny is their (only) game...so yeah sad times

#555 czk51

czk51

Posted 14 December 2017 - 07:27 AM

RNG totally hates me. Only decent weapons I'm getting from my weekly rewards are sniper rifles or side arms (stuff I never use) and I cannot for the life of me get a set of boots over 314 where everything else averages 323. Argh. 

#556 JDogg

JDogg

[NZGR]

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4899 posts
  • PSN:JorDogg

Posted 14 December 2017 - 07:53 AM

I had to use fighting lion for so long waiting for something higher level in my energy slot.

#557 atipuss

atipuss

Posted 14 December 2017 - 05:48 PM

I like how they have to announced that Xur will not be on Mercury this week.... :P too bright for him apparently

#558 AdamC

AdamC

Posted 14 December 2017 - 05:50 PM

He will be selling dlc only items though that troll :P

#559 SpawnSeekSlay

SpawnSeekSlay

Filthy Casual Console Peasant

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1422 posts
  • Steam ID:SpawnSeekSlay
  • PSN:SpawnSeekSlay

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:45 PM

I like how they have to announced that Xur will not be on Mercury this week.... :P too bright for him apparently

Never thought about that . Yeah with the Flashpoint being on Mercury he should be there too.. Would have been funny if Xur got locked periodically behind DLC lol imagine the nerd rage again this weekend if it happened... (wish it did! lol)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Destiny, crucible, raid, strikes, destiny 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users