#361 birdman

birdman

[NZGR]

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4064 posts
  • PSN:quackdog

Posted 17 September 2017 - 10:40 AM

It was a reward from when someone completed the trials of the nine (Sodster) not a level up of the clan not sure why it drops at level 10 though I assume the rewards for ranking the clan up will be full power level.

Hmmmm it's not a big deal, but I also thought it would scale to my power level. Oh well easy enough to infuse.
Cheers.

This! Thanks Sodster by the way! It dropped the Scout Rifle for me and oh baby it's good. In fact I rate it better than MIDA for shooting people (only has vertical recoil) the only downside is no active radar. I ranked up with the emissary tokens late last night and picked up the Auto Rifle - it is a headshot monster with range in the crucible. Feels slightly dirty using it but meh.

#362 SpawnSeekSlay

SpawnSeekSlay

Filthy Casual Console Peasant

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1309 posts
  • Steam ID:SpawnSeekSlay
  • PSN:SpawnSeekSlay

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:04 PM

Has anyone else noticed the colours splitting on their HUD, particularly around the corner of the screen?
This is seriously pissing me off. My Super bar looks like it's been printed in newsprint, and because it's splitting the red and blue, it makes text look green.

Ok, so I've been obsessing over this, it's seriously pissing me off every time I look at the minimap or the feed.
Setting the accessibility menu to invert colours makes this clear as day. It seems to be caused by a vignette around the edge of the screen which is barely visible normally but is really obvious once the colours are inverted.

https://i.imgur.com/Qpjwwr9.jpg

(I had to take a picture of my TV to catch this, because taking a screenshot while colours are inverted just captures the normal colours. [though now that I think about it, I could have just inverted them after the screenshot...])

Getting far too close and personal with the radar, you can see the colour separation on the arrow indicating 'you' on it.
https://i.imgur.com/tBK8k9N.jpg

And you can see that it's not the TV, since no other elements on the screen are affected. (like the line, directly behind the radar)
https://i.imgur.com/birGG99.jpg
Also, not all HUD elements are affected, the radar, feed, abilities/supers, and players' names and levels are all affected. However, vendor/NPC names and icons are not.

Since the HUD is only affected at the edges and corners of the screen, my only assumption is that, somehow, the vignette is responsible for the distortion.

kT5T4Ne.jpg

That's true RGB right there bro, think of it as a feature not a fault :P

350x700px-LL-b7cb716c_p8qGsg.gif

#363 ReaperCrew

ReaperCrew
  • Xbox Live:iwalkinshadow

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:13 PM

Has anyone else noticed the colours splitting on their HUD, particularly around the corner of the screen?
This is seriously pissing me off. My Super bar looks like it's been printed in newsprint, and because it's splitting the red and blue, it makes text look green.

Ok, so I've been obsessing over this, it's seriously pissing me off every time I look at the minimap or the feed.
Setting the accessibility menu to invert colours makes this clear as day. It seems to be caused by a vignette around the edge of the screen which is barely visible normally but is really obvious once the colours are inverted.

https://i.imgur.com/Qpjwwr9.jpg

(I had to take a picture of my TV to catch this, because taking a screenshot while colours are inverted just captures the normal colours. [though now that I think about it, I could have just inverted them after the screenshot...])

Getting far too close and personal with the radar, you can see the colour separation on the arrow indicating 'you' on it.
https://i.imgur.com/tBK8k9N.jpg

And you can see that it's not the TV, since no other elements on the screen are affected. (like the line, directly behind the radar)
https://i.imgur.com/birGG99.jpg
Also, not all HUD elements are affected, the radar, feed, abilities/supers, and players' names and levels are all affected. However, vendor/NPC names and icons are not.

Since the HUD is only affected at the edges and corners of the screen, my only assumption is that, somehow, the vignette is responsible for the distortion.

kT5T4Ne.jpg

Maybe a random thought, have you tried different HDMI cables, especially ones officially rated for HDMI 2.0. Would explain why screen images look ok but not on live tv.

#364 argsy

argsy

aka Mr Grumpy

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 1987 posts
  • Steam ID:argsy_nz
  • PSN:argsy

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:37 PM

I noticed this for the first time on my TV last night - not enough to bug me but did notice it. Its on a Samsung 60" 4K, so may be something to do with the 4K and how it deals with upscaling the image? 

#365 Metdevil

Metdevil
  • PSN:metdevil678

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:27 AM

After digging deaper, it is a deliberate after effect :(
It's called Chromatic Aberration, and the PC beta had an option to turn it off. I'm jealous :P

#366 SpawnSeekSlay

SpawnSeekSlay

Filthy Casual Console Peasant

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1309 posts
  • Steam ID:SpawnSeekSlay
  • PSN:SpawnSeekSlay

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:15 AM

See told you it was a feature :) enjoy it :) 

Or drop down to a 30-40" 1080p screen :P

#367 atipuss

atipuss
  • Steam ID:atimewmew
  • PSN:atipuss
  • Xbox Live:atipuss

Posted Yesterday, 05:55 PM

Just completed the story. Short but enjoyed it. ... (feel much better than after D1 ending anyway lol) :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Destiny, crucible, raid, strikes, destiny 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users