Destiny 2

Destiny crucible raid strikes destiny 2

• Please log in to reply
366 replies to this topic

#321 czk51

czk51
  • PSN:cheradenineZ

Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:55 PM

For those that don't know how to make Public Events 'Heroic', this LINK explains the requirements for each type of event.

Does the Heroic do anything special, apart from maybe the chance of an exotic/legendary? I still seemed to get just 1 token and 1 blue each time...

Man the grind is slow.

Whats your process to grind the level over 265? (apart from grinding for exotics to infuse with)

honestly other than getting a trophy for my first one i've not noticed better rewards for the heroic ones. 

I don't know about the 265 + grind. I'm at around 270 on my main, just by doing public events, adventures, lost sectors. Gotta hand it to bungie, this is one of those rare cases when the grind is fun and doesn't seem like a grind. Polar opposite to years 1 + 2 of Destiny 1. However, we don't know the raid requirements yet so I may eat my words. but the last raid was minimum 10 LL's higher than the current cap and was still manageable so who knows. 

#322 atipuss

atipuss
  • Steam ID:atimewmew
  • PSN:atipuss
  • Xbox Live:atipuss

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:42 PM

Yep all good, sounds like we can make on near end of August so should be all good!

Plenty of time to think of a name...

Jor's Doggs
QuackNoGallyNoCry
Wipe80%OfTheTimeEverytime
WasteOfMyFknTime

just to name a few possibilities for your clan name lol :thumbsup:
hi leader can you please make a d2 ps4 players thread so its easier to see who to add. Please and thanks :)

#323 SpawnSeekSlay

SpawnSeekSlay

Filthy Casual Console Peasant

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1309 posts
  • Steam ID:SpawnSeekSlay
  • PSN:SpawnSeekSlay

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:36 PM

hi leader can you please make a d2 ps4 players thread so its easier to see who to add. Please and thanks :)

Done! just for you ati :)

#324 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

What happened? How did I get here?

• Members
  • 10706 posts
  • PSN:drunk_monk_13
  • Xbox Live:drunkmonk37

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:47 PM

But didn't include Ati in the original list of players. Shame on you Spawn :P

Oh and Ati, look up the trailer for a game called the good life is you haven't seen it before.

#325 atipuss

atipuss
  • Steam ID:atimewmew
  • PSN:atipuss
  • Xbox Live:atipuss

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:00 PM

^Oh wow just did. Thanks :D Will definitely be keen for cat parts... don't know about murder mystery though..

#326 SpawnSeekSlay

SpawnSeekSlay

• Members
  • 1309 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:50 PM

But didn't include Ati in the original list of players. Shame on you Spawn :P

Oh and Ati, look up the trailer for a game called the good life is you haven't seen it before.

Nah didn't add any of my regular guys either, just didnt want to show any favoritism to Ati by putting her first up there  :whistle:

Ill add people in order when they comment on the post.... even Ati has to do that part  :D lol

Edited by SpawnSeekSlay, 11 September 2017 - 07:51 PM.

#327 czk51

czk51

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:05 AM

Loving the time limit on Nightfall. Initially hated the idea as the Black Spindle runs were some of my most stressful moments of gaming ever. 

If anyone has not run it yet, the time limit is 10 minutes, but you get bonus time added per kill, and there are extra 'rings' you can jump through that also add to the time. 

A successful run can take around 15-20 minutes, though it may take a few runs to find your groove, best spots for killing ads, points that pull the fire team through if they get taken out (respawn time takes an eternity) etc. You also have the Prism modifier so need to have a good mix of elementals within the team. 

#328 ChieftaiNZ

ChieftaiNZ

I kill alyens and don't afrayd of anythink

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1797 posts
  • Xbox Live:ChieftaiNZ

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:05 PM

I'm hating myself for starting to look forward to this on PC. The PvE stuff was fun on PC (Didn't care for PvP, already got Siege as my go to for that atm) but the Co-op stuff was fun when played with friends.

#329 birdman

birdman

[NZGR]

• Members
  • 4064 posts
  • PSN:quackdog

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:24 AM

Loving the time limit on Nightfall. Initially hated the idea as the Black Spindle runs were some of my most stressful moments of gaming ever. 

If anyone has not run it yet, the time limit is 10 minutes, but you get bonus time added per kill, and there are extra 'rings' you can jump through that also add to the time. 

A successful run can take around 15-20 minutes, though it may take a few runs to find your groove, best spots for killing ads, points that pull the fire team through if they get taken out (respawn time takes an eternity) etc. You also have the Prism modifier so need to have a good mix of elementals within the team. 

Nice, I want to give it a shot this week as I'm finally at a decent enough power level (~270 ish) now. I better do my Rat King quest ready for it first though. Unlocked MIDA + MIDA last night, and I'm at the final stage of Sturm. I really need to play some crucible soon but Public Event grinding and weapon quests are so much fun!

#330 czk51

czk51

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:55 AM

D2's first Raid is live today. Nimbly dodging spoilers, comments and thumbnails like an arcstrider until our first attempt tonight! 

#331 mvon007

mvon007

Ex Forza Whore

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4196 posts
  • Steam ID:mvon007
  • PSN:mvon007
  • Xbox Live:mvon007

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:57 AM

Good luck guys ... have fun with what I assume is still mainly jump puzzles :)

#332 Metdevil

Metdevil
  • PSN:metdevil678

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:01 PM

Please tell me I'm not the only one this is happening to :P
Has anyone else noticed the colours splitting on their HUD, particularly around the corner of the screen?
This is seriously pissing me off. My Super bar looks like it's been printed in newsprint, and because it's splitting the red and blue, it makes text look green.

I'm 99% certain it's not my TV, but I'm pretty sure it's only obvious in 4K. On my non-4K TV, I can't see it. And when I save a screenshot and put it on my laptop, I can see the splitting on it. So surely it's not my TV.

Here's a couple of links to some images:
https://i.imgur.com/qU4rkwQ.jpg - "The enemy is moving against each other" - Notice the red text in 'The' floating to the left of the white text and the blue to the right. There's no splitting toward the end of the sentence.
Also, the red diagonal line to the bottom-left of the Super diamond, and the red line to the left of the Grenade square.

https://i.imgur.com/3UqqfGT.jpg - In the far bottom right, you have 'MisterKoopzilla', you can see the red splitting from the 'a' in his name.

I'm sure this seems minor, but I swear it's really getting to me :P
On my TV it's making HUD text look green, and it's really off-putting.
I don't get it anywhere else, like in menus and stuff.

#333 SpawnSeekSlay

SpawnSeekSlay

• Members
  • 1309 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:23 PM

You're the only one this is happening to.  ;)

#334 iLythium

iLythium

Rageaholic!

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • PSN:iLythium
  • Xbox Live:iLythium

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:47 PM

Don't have a 4K TV so it's not happening to me.

I see a team has already beaten the Raid. And here I am still sitting at 230 power. Might be ready to attempt it next week.  ;)

And the Clan XP maxes out before I even log in after a reset. Thanks for the free engrams guys!

#335 Metdevil

Metdevil

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:59 PM

You're the only one this is happening to.  ;)

I googled some D2 screenshots from other sources, and some of them have it too.
https://techgage.com...reenshots-5.jpg
https://icdn3.digita...y-2-4k-ss-5.jpg
http://cdn4.dualshoc...stperson_03.png

So I'm glad it's not just me, but I really hope they change it, because it looks awful :P

#336 Falcone0

Falcone0
  • Steam ID:Falcone0
  • Xbox Live:Falcone00

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:00 PM

Please tell me I'm not the only one this is happening to :P
Has anyone else noticed the colours splitting on their HUD, particularly around the corner of the screen?
This is seriously pissing me off. My Super bar looks like it's been printed in newsprint, and because it's splitting the red and blue, it makes text look green.

I'm 99% certain it's not my TV, but I'm pretty sure it's only obvious in 4K. On my non-4K TV, I can't see it. And when I save a screenshot and put it on my laptop, I can see the splitting on it. So surely it's not my TV.

Here's a couple of links to some images:
https://i.imgur.com/qU4rkwQ.jpg - "The enemy is moving against each other" - Notice the red text in 'The' floating to the left of the white text and the blue to the right. There's no splitting toward the end of the sentence.
Also, the red diagonal line to the bottom-left of the Super diamond, and the red line to the left of the Grenade square.

https://i.imgur.com/3UqqfGT.jpg - In the far bottom right, you have 'MisterKoopzilla', you can see the red splitting from the 'a' in his name.

I'm sure this seems minor, but I swear it's really getting to me :P
On my TV it's making HUD text look green, and it's really off-putting.
I don't get it anywhere else, like in menus and stuff.

I've notice it mostly on Naussus and on the super bar class icon.

#337 Metdevil

Metdevil

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:08 PM

I've notice it mostly on Naussus and on the super bar class icon.

Yea, it seems to be more noticeable in the dark.

#338 Falcone0

Falcone0
  • Steam ID:Falcone0
  • Xbox Live:Falcone00

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:44 PM

Also glad it not just me. Was wondering if the tv was Taking a sh*t

#339 czk51

czk51

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:14 AM

I've seen you post this several times since Destiny 1. In the overall scheme of things there were very few jumping puzzles through the game. Kings fall had a nasty wall and there was the infamous jumping section from Vault of Glass but other than that nothing else springs to mind. Sure there were jumping sections but even then it doesn't sing out to me as puzzles. 

But yeah, 2 actually does have more focus on jumping, and while still not exactly a lot of puzzles as such, there does seem to have a lot more verticallity. 

#340 birdman

birdman

[NZGR]

• Members
  • 4064 posts
  • PSN:quackdog

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:22 AM

I've seen you post this several times since Destiny 1. In the overall scheme of things there were very few jumping puzzles through the game. Kings fall had a nasty wall and there was the infamous jumping section from Vault of Glass but other than that nothing else springs to mind. Sure there were jumping sections but even then it doesn't sing out to me as puzzles. 

But yeah, 2 actually does have more focus on jumping, and while still not exactly a lot of puzzles as such, there does seem to have a lot more verticallity. 

I'm pretty sure he's just trolling or being sarcastic. Kings Fall had the jump ship part as well as wall of dildos remember? The daughters and Oryx had runner phases. I really liked them (even though I sucked for the most part). Has anyone here finished the new raid? How does it stack up against the others?

For me VOG > Kings Fall > Wrath of the Machine.....        > Scrota's End

Oh and metdevil, sorry all is well at my end on my peasant setup - 22" HD TV with a vanilla PS4 lol...

Edited by birdman, 15 September 2017 - 09:28 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Destiny, crucible, raid, strikes, destiny 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users