163Battery
  • Xbox Live:garybeamsley

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:01 AM

Discussion on Gwent.

#2 163Battery

163Battery

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:02 AM

Could not find a topic for this one. Just got my invite for the Gwent closed beta. Yay! Looking forward to having a jam on this.

#3 mOnStErSoFpUnK

mOnStErSoFpUnK
  • Steam ID:monstersofpunk
  • Xbox Live:mOnStErSoFpUnK

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:57 AM

If anyone didn't get a BETA code and would like one you can have mine...not really interested in this but free to someone who would want to play:

DGTXV-DXXQ6-4TD33-JJPYQ-QTDHZ

Enjoy

#4 RKO_NZ

RKO_NZ

www.obsrv.org

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1386 posts
  • Steam ID:Fnpwnage
  • PSN:NiueanNemesis
  • Xbox Live:TERMINATOR NZL

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:39 PM

Been in it for a couple months now, its really fun although like some pro card players have shown on Youtube/Twitch, since the decks are quite limited at the moment, and the amount of cards compared to other big trading card games, its quite too small in comparision so everyone seems to be using the same decks, the other issue being, the rewards for winning/losing are quite low and it seems really expensive to buy card barrels, especially if you do it through grinding and don't opt to buy with $

#5 163Battery

163Battery

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:28 PM

Been in it for a couple months now, its really fun although like some pro card players have shown on Youtube/Twitch, since the decks are quite limited at the moment, and the amount of cards compared to other big trading card games, its quite too small in comparision so everyone seems to be using the same decks, the other issue being, the rewards for winning/losing are quite low and it seems really expensive to buy card barrels, especially if you do it through grinding and don't opt to buy with $

Yeah? Hopefully that changes before release, I would be keen as on this. I spent a heap of time playing Gwent in The Witcher 3. Spent heaps of time playing the card game in FFXIII too.

#6 163Battery

163Battery

Posted 26 March 2017 - 11:55 AM

Well, initial impressions not so great. Wouldn't load, gave it a couple of goes and it would say it was loading inventory and just stay that screen until I got sick of waiting. Waited a while too.

Playing on Xbox One. Anyone else have the same issue? I will try again another time.

#7 RKO_NZ

RKO_NZ

www.obsrv.org

• Members
  • 1386 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:08 PM

Well, initial impressions not so great. Wouldn't load, gave it a couple of goes and it would say it was loading inventory and just stay that screen until I got sick of waiting. Waited a while too.

Playing on Xbox One. Anyone else have the same issue? I will try again another time.

I didn;t have the same issue, but similar, when I first loaded the game and it goes through the set up phase of online etc, it took me about 10-15 minutes  on first launch, it may of been longer but it was taking awhile and I watched some Netflix came back and it was on the main menu, you might have to do the usual, re-install or clear the reserved space and try reload the game again

#8 163Battery

163Battery

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:38 AM

Got it working and had a good go. I like it. I normally got smoked but I imagine that will change as I get more cards and learn the game more. Apart from that, no noticeable bugs and everything loaded quickly so all good so far. The nature of the game means I can multitask while playing it e.g. fold washing etc. which I like. Most games require your total attention.

#9 RKO_NZ

RKO_NZ

www.obsrv.org

• Members
  • 1386 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:50 AM

Got it working and had a good go. I like it. I normally got smoked but I imagine that will change as I get more cards and learn the game more. Apart from that, no noticeable bugs and everything loaded quickly so all good so far. The nature of the game means I can multitask while playing it e.g. fold washing etc. which I like. Most games require your total attention.

I started doing that until I got to the point where I started making crucial mistakes on the deciding rounds, like using Fog to elimnate/weaken players using the monster swamp decks, which get boosts from Fog, and respawn when destroyed and stupid little mistakes like that, what deck did you decide to play with/main with, I use the Skiellege deck, and save my en-craites in my deck, will summon all of them, they get weakened due to their summon effect, and use the rally card, same can be done with the soldier knight cards ( I cant remember the actual name atm) but when they're sent to the graveyard, if you use the recall card, call it back to the play field and their points are doubled, can use that in conjuction with rally (if they've been damaged, which usually happens) or use the potion to boost +4 of the same unit on the field, with both the en-craites and the soldier cards. if you have multiple and you can build your card strength pretty well if you do this.

Edited by RKO_NZ, 27 March 2017 - 07:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users