Photo

Breath of the Wild

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#41 jmduknz

jmduknz
  • PSN:jmduknz

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:21 AM

Quite a few hours in now and loving this game. Stuck between wanting to progress and get into the story and wanting to eek it out. There are a few maddening tweaks - being thrown from a horse and breaking my good weapons are the main ones. It's the quests stuck behind a progression wall - I'd like to tick them off as I come rather than bookmark and return but these are first world problems.

In retrospect I also wonder if the lack of trophies/achievements actually helps - there is no tick box list to run down. It's just walk run glide swim drown and then repeat.

Great game.

#42 Blackfox

Blackfox
  • PSN:Black-fox-nz

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:49 AM

if you beat the main storyquest, a game completion percentage will appear on your sheika slate, its quite hard to adjust to losing weapons at first, but you will get much stronger weapons as you progress more with the main story.

#43 czk51

czk51
  • PSN:cheradenineZ

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:01 AM

Still chipping away at this. Got stuck trying to access 2 of the divine beasts then had a revelation last night upon speaking to an NPC which seems to have triggered the next quest. Only reason it was hard for me was I had visited certain areas in the 'wrong' order so the game kinda of assumed I would have already spoken to this NPC. 

Also, got the [spoiler] sword. 

#44 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

What happened? How did I get here?

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 10904 posts
  • PSN:drunk_monk_13
  • Xbox Live:drunkmonk37

Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:12 AM

Game crashed on me today.

Was sh*t scared I'd lose my progress but it's good auto save feature and not being corrupt meant it wasn't too much of an inconvenience.

#45 Blackfox

Blackfox

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:08 PM

I've had a few random crashes during my playthough. In hyrule castle amidst fighting, frames lagged and frooze in some areas, the system was really trying, lucky it went back to normal, I'm on the old build though. Game is great and all but man the performance issues.

#46 czk51

czk51

Posted 12 April 2017 - 03:43 PM

Apparently 1.1.2 has been released today and according to reddit improves loading times (Switch, not sure about Wii U) and hopefully more general stability. Will check when I get home. 

#47 iludez

iludez

Just the best

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • Steam ID:iludez
  • PSN:iludez
  • Xbox Live:iludez

Posted 12 April 2017 - 03:44 PM

I've been super bored if it for awhile honestly. Just can't make myself play it

#48 Blackfox

Blackfox

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:18 PM

coming out of it, i've found it hard to adjust back to invisible walls, i'm never gona forget the freedom that game gives man.

#49 czk51

czk51

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:40 AM

lolol: 

qiUYvBD5G0kh_IrLB-30K6Htv-d927w5hMUENIme

#50 Blackfox

Blackfox

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:15 AM

hehe needs more climbing gear

#51 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

• Members
  • 10904 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:41 AM

lolol:

qiUYvBD5G0kh_IrLB-30K6Htv-d927w5hMUENIme

HA that's outstanding.

#52 RKO_NZ

RKO_NZ

www.obsrv.org

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1386 posts
  • Steam ID:Fnpwnage
  • PSN:NiueanNemesis
  • Xbox Live:TERMINATOR NZL

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:51 AM

I'm slowly making my way through, you guys have blitzed past me in terms of progress, I only just unlocked the main quest to go find the five divines, but I enjoy doing the side quests and taming horses and just generally looking around, since I'm new to the Zelda universe, its a nice big refresher compaed to what I usually play, which is just Rainbow Six and Sports game.

#53 czk51

czk51

Posted 13 April 2017 - 09:43 AM

I'm slowly making my way through, you guys have blitzed past me in terms of progress, I only just unlocked the main quest to go find the five divines, but I enjoy doing the side quests and taming horses and just generally looking around, since I'm new to the Zelda universe, its a nice big refresher compaed to what I usually play, which is just Rainbow Six and Sports game.

there's no fast or slow way to do it. Like I'm on my last divine beast now but no way do I want to finish the game, but reading around I hear the odd thing mentioned and I'm like 'I had no idea that was even a thing' - I still feel like I've barely touched the surface.

At this point in time I don't see myself even attempting to complete it until after the DLC's come out due to it just being something nice to go back to and muck around in side quests. 

#54 Jenesyde

Jenesyde
  • Xbox Live:Jenesyde

Posted 13 April 2017 - 04:29 PM

I'm going at a snail's pace, mainly due to lack of playtime. Haven't even made it to Hateno village yet!

#55 FreddlePopGameS

FreddlePopGameS

Hero of Time

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • PSN:II_SanD_CameL
  • Wii:SW-6107-0369-3801
  • Xbox Live:FreddlePopGameS

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:43 PM

I'm just over 95 hours in and have completed all 4 divine beasts and found and completed 86 shrines. I want to try do all I can do before facing Ganon.

Amazing game and it's fricken addictive. I haven't even touched my PS4 and Xbox one since the Switch launched except to watch the occasional blu-ray and download Ryse on games with gold for April. 

#56 iludez

iludez

Just the best

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • Steam ID:iludez
  • PSN:iludez
  • Xbox Live:iludez

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:44 PM

Thought I'd offer here first but I'll be selling my wiiu copy I bought from mighty ape.

Hoping for $75 shipped

#57 czk51

czk51

Posted 02 May 2017 - 01:19 PM

DLC 1 detailed: 

http://zelda.com/bre...ack-1-detailed/

Trial of the Sword
When you get to a certain sacred location, you can take on the new "Trial of the Sword" challenge. Face an onslaught of enemies, one wave after another. Link starts the challenge without any equipment or weapons. When all the enemies in a room are defeated, Link proceeds to the next. Clear all the trials (about 45 rooms in total), and the true power of the Master Sword awakens.

Hero's Path Mode
This new map feature shows the path Link has walked through Hyrule from the last 200 hours of gameplay. Use the time tracker bar to see where you've spent the most time and where you have yet to explore. There's bound to be more adventures and maybe a shrine or two on the road less traveled.

Hard Mode
In Hard Mode, enemies gradually regain health, so take them out as quickly as possible. All enemies are also powered up by one level. For example, Red Bokoblins in Normal mode are now Blue Bokoblins. Enemies can also have higher maximum levels than they would in Normal mode. Look up, and you may also find enemies and treasure chests in the sky!

Travel Medallion
Somewhere in the world, there is a chest with a Travel Medallion inside. When you use this, you can register your current location as a fast travel point on the map. You can only register one location using the Travel Medallion.

More Armor
There are 8 treasure chests placed around Hyrule containing armor themed after previous The Legend of Zelda titles. Watch for tips as to the whereabouts of these chests as you travel around Hyrule.

#58 Jenesyde

Jenesyde

Posted 02 May 2017 - 01:23 PM

Bit of a mixed bag there, but I'll probably end up getting it anyway.

#59 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

• Members
  • 10904 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 01:28 PM

I don't know if I'll ever beat the game so no need for DLC here.

#60 Jenesyde

Jenesyde

Posted 02 May 2017 - 01:31 PM

I just want the Hero's Path and dress up armour.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users