#1 supermario

supermario

Hail Xenu!

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 9413 posts
  • Steam ID:BanalityDUFF

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:26 AM

did i miss the thread or is no one actually discussing this game?

i am going to make a hyperbolic statement so please turn away if you don't want to read it.

breath of the wild has ruined gaming for me because its so f***ing good.

at this time, i have no desire to play any other game except this one - which hasn't happened to me since i first laid my hands on perhaps Diablo 2.

no game, none, has grabbed hold of my imagination the way this game has. it has flaws, it has room for improvement, but what's on offer is a grand statement in the world of gaming and if you dont play it you're doing yourself a massive disservice.

i'm a long-time zelda fan but i was completely blind-sided by this game. i avoided most of the promotional material (i hate watching other people play a game) and so went in mostly blind.

get a second hand wii-u, get a switch, got to a mate's house because this game is that good.

people are haters about buying a console for one game but just f***ing do it. this is like buying a N64 back in the day to play Mario 64.

#2 czk51

czk51
  • PSN:cheradenineZ

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:12 AM

Honestly it's the game I want to shout from the rooftops about, how good it is and my experiences in game, but every little thing I do could be considered spoiler coz I went into the game completely blind and even the smallest details have been absolutely delightful to discover on my own.

I feel that not enough of the 10/10s really get this point across leaving people thinking 'it got a perfect score but it has slow downs or whatever'.

There's an X factor that you might not discover for several hours into your adventure.

So yeah good point it deserves a thread but I don't want to talk about it lol

Edited by czk51, 19 March 2017 - 11:13 AM.

#3 Jenesyde

Jenesyde
  • Xbox Live:Jenesyde

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:29 AM

it deserves a thread but I don't want to talk about it lol

Same.

I've only played a couple of hours so far, but it's going to be my next game to marathon after I finish Ghost Recon.

#4 supermario

supermario

Hail Xenu!

• Members
  • 9413 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:06 PM

it deserves a thread but I don't want to talk about it lol

Same.

yeah, don't talk about the content or anything or i'll kick you through the internet.

i think that's something Nintendo nailed so well with the game. Somehow, it's so personal and I don't want to share my adventure with other people, or learn about what other people have being doing on their adventure. the journey in this case is actually what's important. i know everyone will end up at Calamity Ganon but how we all got there is going to be different and that's so awesome.

normally i look up on the internet as soon as i hit a stumbling block because i don't have the time to waste figuring out stupid puzzles and what not. so far, i have skipped maybe 3 or 4 shrines because i couldn't figure them out and i know i'll go back later. somehow they've made it fine to leave things on the wayside for later - maybe the finite nature of all the weapons etc just make me not care about that stuff as much?

also i was super interested in getting a horse . . . so far i've ridden one for maybe 10 minutes and keep intending to get one but there's so much going on i never get around to it, haha.

#5 FreddlePopGameS

FreddlePopGameS

Hero of Time

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • PSN:II_SanD_CameL
  • Wii:SW-6107-0369-3801
  • Xbox Live:FreddlePopGameS

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:46 PM

I'm like you guys. Besides a couple of trailers I never looked too much into game content just so I could have the sense of childhood gaming come back to me in knowing everything I do and discover in this game is all for me and will be an experience.

I'm a big Zelda fan but more importantly a big fan of gaming in general no matter the type of game or console, but damn does this game pull you in or what.

I don't play massive open world games that swallow my time anymore because my time is just too precious, but I'm over 40 hours into BotW and though I don't feel the game is perfect or believe any game is, I do think all the hype and perfect scores are justified for this game and I'm not even that far into it story progression wise.

I don't care what anyone else thinks but in my opinion BotW is hands down the best open world game ever made. I was skeptical about departing from the Zelda formula at first but never have I experienced a game that offers you this much freedom, exploration and discovery which when combined with every other aspect of the game just appeals to all my gaming senses.

In my house my wife and I hardly game or use media at all on a Sunday, it's more a day we spend together. But this morning I told my wife I was going to visit my Mum, which I did, but it was a cover up to take my switch with me and play Zelda. I felt bad lying to her but the game is just that good.

I even faked a sick day at work last week to come home and play it. I'm 34 and I haven't been this way about a game since the early 2000's.

The game is a masterpiece.

#6 Ronsoak

Ronsoak

Please cut up my Credit Cards

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • Steam ID:http://steamcommunity.com/id/ronsoak
  • PSN:exekias

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:40 PM

Stop saying this game is amazing my credit card cant take the impending $650 purchase!

#7 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

What happened? How did I get here?

• Members
  • 10911 posts
  • PSN:drunk_monk_13
  • Xbox Live:drunkmonk37

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:37 PM

Man I'm getting hyped for my copy to arrive.

I've beaten Zelda bosses for the Mrs but I've never played a Zelda game. Exciiiiitement.

#8 iludez

iludez

Just the best

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1990 posts
  • Steam ID:iludez
  • PSN:iludez
  • Xbox Live:iludez

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:46 PM

I've beaten Zelda bosses for the Mrs but I've never played a Zelda game. Exciiiiitement.

I'm excited too dude, and I don't get hyped for games. I've not played Zelda since oot, and I really can't remember much if the game, besides fishing and the flute thingies.

But I remember it was a fantastic game. So I'm hoping I can sink some hours into this game

#9 supermario

supermario

Hail Xenu!

• Members
  • 9413 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:00 PM

the few times in my life, the hype was real. i think the last time the hype was real for me was the lord of the rings movies. i drooled over them before they came out.

Stop saying this game is amazing my credit card cant take the impending $650 purchase!

worth it . . . or just try get a wii-u on the cheap and a copy for that. i'm playing the wii-u version and its brilliant.

#10 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

• Members
  • 10911 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:05 PM

i think the last time the hype was real for me was the lord of the rings movies. i drooled over them before they came out.

Were you still drooling after? Or did the hype let you down?

#11 Koopa18

Koopa18
  • PSN:galaxiid
  • Wii:galaxiid (nintendo network id)
  • Xbox Live:gravitygrace

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:56 PM

Yep game is so rad. Bought a Switch just to play it and don't regret it at all, despite being super disappointed with the switch itself.

Same boat here, was skeptical, hadn't paid much attention to the pre-release stuff.... but holy sh*t.

Horses for me are so useless in this game - I have a whole bunch of them but I never ride them - I always just want to jump off and climb something and go exploring after about 100 m of riding haha

#12 supermario

supermario

Hail Xenu!

• Members
  • 9413 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:46 PM

i think the last time the hype was real for me was the lord of the rings movies. i drooled over them before they came out.

Were you still drooling after? Or did the hype let you down?

Haha should clarify that I love the Lord of the rings movies. So nah for both cases the hype was real.

#13 czk51

czk51

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:44 AM

like there is so just much thought and consideration in the game where your creativity and curiosity is rewarded, it is mind blowing. 

#14 Xenojay

Xenojay

Subliminal. Liminal. And Superliminal.

• Tester
  • 11920 posts
  • Steam ID:N/A
  • PSN:Xenojay
  • Wii:N/A
  • Xbox Live:Xenojay

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:29 AM

This feels like playing Ocarina for the first time, it's wonderful

#15 iludez

iludez

Just the best

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1990 posts
  • Steam ID:iludez
  • PSN:iludez
  • Xbox Live:iludez

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:11 AM

Hurry up and get here

#16 Xenojay

Xenojay

Subliminal. Liminal. And Superliminal.

• Tester
  • 11920 posts
  • Steam ID:N/A
  • PSN:Xenojay
  • Wii:N/A
  • Xbox Live:Xenojay

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:17 AM

Hurry up and get here

Okay.

#17 siamese

siamese

siamesedreams

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 1689 posts
  • PSN:siamesedreams

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:01 PM

Got a baby due in a few weeks,  If I buy it now my Mrs will kill me for spending all my time on it,  if I buy it after the baby my Mrs will kill me for not focusing on the baby.  

I'm screwed either way.  Might get round to playing it in 1/2 to 1 hour sessions at 10pm or something once life settles back to normal.  Oh thats right, that doesnt happen once you have kids (or so I'm told)

#18 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

• Members
  • 10911 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:23 PM

Hurry up and get here

Okay.

Are you breath of the Wild?

If so what are you doing in the south island? I need you here.

#19 JDogg

JDogg

[NZGR]

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4870 posts
  • PSN:JorDogg

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:44 PM

Got a baby due in a few weeks, If I buy it now my Mrs will kill me for spending all my time on it, if I buy it after the baby my Mrs will kill me for not focusing on the baby.

I'm screwed either way. Might get round to playing it in 1/2 to 1 hour sessions at 10pm or something once life settles back to normal. Oh thats right, that doesnt happen once you have kids (or so I'm told)

I played more games when we had our child, Ana was too tired to watch movies etc during down time so i got to play games. Baby's sleep alot too which gives you plenty of game time. Just don't play games that you can't pause, i.e. destiny!

#20 czk51

czk51

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:07 PM

My Destiny fireteam has always had kiddy interruptions haha, we all understand it so no biggie, just wipe n wait basically.

The beauty of the switch is the portability and being able to set it to sleep whenever needed.

You could even buy 1 2 switch that has a don't wake the baby game and say it's the gaming equivalent of the baby book :P

(Srsly tho I don't really recommend the game)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users