ChieftaiNZ

I kill alyens and don't afrayd of anythink

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1788 posts
  • Xbox Live:ChieftaiNZ

Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:26 PM

We should get a squad or two rolling tonight

I will be keen to squad up tonight, any specific time?

If any of you guys see me online just flick me a message on discord if you need another player, I'm always keen to squad up, been playing too much solo lately.

I've got this too, only played a few solo games so far, but I'll need to jump on that nzg discord to join you guys!

What's your discord, will add you?

My discord is Eddie Boy#0943. 

I should be around tonight too, although I'll be totally noob at this stage haha

Link to Channel

#23 atipuss

atipuss
  • Steam ID:atimewmew
  • PSN:atipuss
  • Xbox Live:atipuss

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:50 PM

Thanks for the games :D

#24 JDogg

JDogg

[NZGR]

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4811 posts
  • PSN:JorDogg

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:59 PM

Fun games tonight!

#25 Syn-Ryn

Syn-Ryn

Scrublord

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• 8278 posts
  • Steam ID:steamcommunity.com/id/MADSUPERVILLAIN
  • Xbox Live:Blale

Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:28 PM

Don't let me drive, or anyone, no driving please.

#26 BattleSnayke

BattleSnayke

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:33 PM

Managed to win 3 squads in a row yesterday with 7, 6 and 5 kills - wish there was a measure for winning streaks as I doubt it happens often.

#27 JDogg

JDogg

[NZGR]

• Members
  • 4811 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:28 PM

Managed to win 3 squads in a row yesterday with 7, 6 and 5 kills - wish there was a measure for winning streaks as I doubt it happens often.

Nice work, we got very close on a couple of games (final circle), then won the final game of the night.

#28 argsy

argsy

aka Mr Grumpy

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 1986 posts
  • Steam ID:argsy_nz
  • PSN:argsy

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:01 AM

I've been binge watching a heap of twitch streams of this so decided I'd buy a copy. Only running it on my laptop, don't have a dedicated gaming PC but it is a pretty high spec laptop so should be fine. I'd be keen to squad up with you guys sometime. My steam id is argsy_nz. Would need to sort out some sort of chat setup though as I don't have a PC headset/mic. 

#29 atipuss

atipuss

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:30 AM

I've been binge watching a heap of twitch streams of this so decided I'd buy a copy. Only running it on my laptop, don't have a dedicated gaming PC but it is a pretty high spec laptop so should be fine. I'd be keen to squad up with you guys sometime. My steam id is argsy_nz. Would need to sort out some sort of chat setup though as I don't have a PC headset/mic.

yay. I use discord app on my phone and plug one of my one ear headset in and chat that way :)
join nzgamer chanel on discord https://discord.gg/7FxxRd

Edited by atipuss, 12 August 2017 - 11:31 AM.

#30 AdamC

AdamC
  • Steam ID:LygerReach
  • PSN:JadamCrt

Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:37 PM

Im downloading this now to try out. I joined that link also thanks. Im terrible at shooters though, and this will be First time I ever play with Keyboard and mouse... 

#31 JDogg

JDogg

[NZGR]

• Members
  • 4811 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:22 PM

What headset you using for your PS4, won't work with PC? A headset make all the difference in the game when your trying to hear direction of footsteps and cars pulling up on your location.

Let me know when your set up and I will jump in a game with you.

#32 atipuss

atipuss

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:31 PM

Im downloading this now to try out. I joined that link also thanks. Im terrible at shooters though, and this will be First time I ever play with Keyboard and mouse...

add me! atimewmew

#33 AdamC

AdamC

Posted 12 August 2017 - 05:14 PM

Cool I will do when I figure it all out lol

#34 argsy

argsy

aka Mr Grumpy

• Members
  • 1986 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:19 PM

What headset you using for your PS4, won't work with PC? A headset make all the difference in the game when your trying to hear direction of footsteps and cars pulling up on your location.

Let me know when your set up and I will jump in a game with you.

Got the ps wireless, so probably can't use on pc? I've got headphones which help, but without mic,so no good for Comms. I'll try ati's suggestion and use my phone for chat through discord,and have headset into laptop.

#35 atipuss

atipuss

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:25 PM

Got the ps wireless, so probably can't use on pc? I've got headphones which help, but without mic,so no good for Comms. I'll try ati's suggestion and use my phone for chat through discord,and have headset into laptop.

i have headset to phone/discord app on phone. That's why I use one ear ( cheap dream gear ) so other i can still hear game sounds.

#36 argsy

argsy

aka Mr Grumpy

• Members
  • 1986 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:31 AM

So figured out yesterday that I can use my PS4 Wireless headset on PC, so all sorted for chat!

Played a few games solo yesterday, managed to make top  20 a couple of times, but that was more sheer luck and survival by not seeing anyone than actually getting kills! Find it so hard getting decent weapons half the time. Keen to squad up and try some team games sometime. 

#37 JDogg

JDogg

[NZGR]

• Members
  • 4811 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:54 AM

So figured out yesterday that I can use my PS4 Wireless headset on PC, so all sorted for chat!

Played a few games solo yesterday, managed to make top 20 a couple of times, but that was more sheer luck and survival by not seeing anyone than actually getting kills! Find it so hard getting decent weapons half the time. Keen to squad up and try some team games sometime.

You start to find those good spots that have a balance between decent weapons and not many people.

Otherwise winning an early flight with a pistol can set you up for a good match by having the pick of the buildings after the first encounter.

I find in this game even having the best weapons, armour etc, you can/will still be shot in the back at some point haha try to work the circles, and get your timing right so your not doing last ditch runs across open fields to make a closing circle.

All the main towns, school, firing range, military base, hospital all have good stuff but often require a quick pistol fight to claim the good stuff.

If the plane isn't going near some of those places, it can pay to drop for a car and then make a long drive to get to one that you think others won't bother going to. We made a cross map drive to hospital and got some good stuff uncontested and then got lucky with the circle.

I used to spend too much time just trying to survive and ended up getting no gun practice so I spent a good number of games jumping into contested places to quickly try out weapons knowing that i prob won't last long.

Also don't always spend too much time looting as it can be better to set your self up to get a sneaky kill on someone else who has looted and steal their stuff.

Keen to squad up one night, just let me know when and I will put it past the boss, I normally get on after 7ish.

#38 AdamC

AdamC

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:18 AM

I played a couple solo rounds the other day and felt like I'd been in a hunger games clone. It was great haha. I see what all the fuss is about.

#39 argsy

argsy

aka Mr Grumpy

• Members
  • 1986 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:35 AM

Keen to squad up one night, just let me know when and I will put it past the boss, I normally get on after 7ish.

Thanks for the tips - certainly how I started feeling, better to try and actually use the weapons you get rather than spending time collecting to never use!

Sweet, I'm free most nights, probably after 7.30/8 so just whatever suits you, flick me a message and I'll jump on when it suits you.

#40 atipuss

atipuss

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:46 AM

Tonight at 8? Us 4?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS, BATTLEGROUNDS, PLAYERUNKNOWN, CLOSED BETA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users