• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 tuftsdude

tuftsdude
  • Steam ID:Tuftsdude
  • PSN:Tuftsdude
  • Xbox Live:Achedmars64

Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:05 AM

Sooo to me, when playing games sound is a very important factor. Last generation I had Turtle Beach Tango's, PX5's, Halo Tritton Triggers and TB P11's, all on the same table.

I'm trying to ease into this gen, just got my Xbox One, I don't think I'll be to fussed about sound like I was last generation but I think a headset thread is much needed!

I'll try my Razor Kraken PC headset on the Xbox One, if those don't work, I'll have to look into investing into some new headsets.

What headset(s) are you using?

What headset(s) do you recommend? And which ones to stay away from?

#2 Dvst8u

Dvst8u

Dvst8u

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 3696 posts
  • PSN:Dvst8u

Posted 04 March 2017 - 07:42 AM

for ps4 i use the ones i won from here the turtle beach px4's i think. took awhile for me to get the settings i like and sometimes they are abit scratchy but i think its more to do with my controller plug than the headset. other than that they are awesome. i would def recommend.

#3 Jenesyde

Jenesyde
  • Xbox Live:Jenesyde

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:20 AM

I use Skullcandy Slyrs.

http://nzgamer.com/f...set-review.html

#4 AdamC

AdamC
  • Steam ID:LygerReach
  • PSN:JadamCrt

Posted 04 March 2017 - 07:56 PM

I use Astro A40's on PS4 360 and PS3. I occasionally use Hyper X Clouds on 3DS and Wii U as they dont have Optical Audio out, but Will most likely use the Turtle Beech's that I won when they turn up with those due to the Virtual Surround Sound. I cant wait to replay Xenoblade X with Virtual Surround and see how much of a difference it makes.

I love my headsets lol.

#5 birdman

birdman

[NZGR]

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4163 posts
  • PSN:quackdog

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:10 PM

First gen A50's on my PS4. Would consider the A40's next time for the superior mixamp however I've heard great things about the SteelSeries Siberia P800 which maintains the wireless functionality.

#6 tuftsdude

tuftsdude

Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:12 PM

First gen A50's on my PS4. Would consider the A40's next time for the superior mixamp however I've heard great things about the SteelSeries Siberia P800 which maintains the wireless functionality.

Nice, I've only heard good things about the A50's & A40's. Do you still hear all the footsteps and stuff while playing BF on the PS4?

Edit: Soundhog! That's the word I forgot. Do you soundhog? :P

If I had the monies I'd defo go for the A50's this gen, but personally I consider myself now a casual gamer so I can't justify spending too much on a headset this gen. I'll probably keep an eye for clearances on headsets at JB/Target/Big W over here. Still haven't tried my PC Krakens on my Xbox yet.

Edited by tuftsdude, 04 March 2017 - 10:50 PM.

#7 Deanology

Deanology
  • PSN:Yes

Posted 05 March 2017 - 10:01 AM

I use the Sony 7.1's. Pretty standard, pretty bulky, but they have a good sound.

#8 AdamC

AdamC
  • Steam ID:LygerReach
  • PSN:JadamCrt

Posted 06 March 2017 - 06:13 AM

Are they the ones with what they call 3D sound? I read something about em

#9 Deanology

Deanology
  • PSN:Yes

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:02 PM

Oh, idk..
I just got the ones that were guaranteed to work out of the box, simply.

They did. Happy boy.

#10 tuftsdude

tuftsdude

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:40 PM

I'll try my Razor Kraken PC headset on the Xbox One, if those don't work, I'll have to look into investing into some new headsets.

Took them out of the PC adapter and plugged them into my controller, everything works fine including mic. Only thing that sucks is that I don't have a mute button!

Haven't tested out the sound in a game yet though.

#11 womz

womz
  • Steam ID:womzz
  • Xbox Live:Womz

Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:26 AM

Took them out of the PC adapter and plugged them into my controller, everything works fine including mic. Only thing that sucks is that I don't have a mute button!

If you get the stereo headset adaptor you'll get a mute button, but it's $35 to $40

#12 tuftsdude

tuftsdude

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:03 AM

If you get the stereo headset adaptor you'll get a mute button, but it's $35 to $40

Thanks for the tip. I'll keep an eye out for a cheap one, $35 is too much for poor 'ol me :lol:

#13 birdman

birdman

[NZGR]

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4163 posts
  • PSN:quackdog

Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:05 PM

Nice, I've only heard good things about the A50's & A40's. Do you still hear all the footsteps and stuff while playing BF on the PS4?
Edit: Soundhog! That's the word I forgot. Do you soundhog? :P

If I had the monies I'd defo go for the A50's this gen, but personally I consider myself now a casual gamer so I can't justify spending too much on a headset this gen. I'll probably keep an eye for clearances on headsets at JB/Target/Big W over here. Still haven't tried my PC Krakens on my Xbox yet.

Yes you can hear nice directional sound detail with the Astros. They have a battlefield preset too for the ultimate soundtrack. Sorry haven't heard of "soundhogging", but I have heard of "soundwhoring" and that's what you can do in these suckers!

#14 tuftsdude

tuftsdude

Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:49 PM

Soundwhoring is the best. Use to do it in BO2 :P

An update- Got XO7's for $100 with overnight shipping, came with the chat adapter, very happy with them for that price. Light and comfortable too.

Edited by tuftsdude, 28 March 2017 - 02:49 PM.

#15 Unfathomable-Ruination

Unfathomable-Ruination

Trophy Hunter Extraordinaire

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1241 posts
  • PSN:SecondGenesis
  • Xbox Live:GoreFlame

Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:02 PM

I don't have a flash pair of headphones, I just use the single in-ear one with the built in mic that came with my PS4.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sound, Surround sound, Gaming, 5.1, 7.1, Headset, Xbox, Playstation, PC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users