• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 aCAssassin

aCAssassin
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Steam ID:Chidori_647

Posted 26 February 2017 - 11:48 PM

There's some Knight Boss during the ritual of Crota.

I cannot kill him for some reason.

I throw everything I've got at him, and he just doesn't die.

He does lose his armor/shield, but can never get him to lose any HP.

#2 Metdevil

Metdevil
  • PSN:metdevil678

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:42 AM

Ritual of Crota? Do you mean the Court of Oryx? There's a Boss there named Thalnok, Fanatic of Crota. You can take his shield down with your weapons but you can only damage his health with the Cleaver held by the Swordbearer.
So you need to kill the Swordbearer, damage Thalnok to get his armour down, then once he kneels, pick up the Swordbearer's sword wnd attack Thalnok with it.

#3 birdman

birdman

[NZGR]

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4064 posts
  • PSN:quackdog

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:13 AM

Ritual of Crota? Do you mean the Court of Oryx? There's a Boss there named Thalnok, Fanatic of Crota. You can take his shield down with your weapons but you can only damage his health with the Cleaver held by the Swordbearer.
So you need to kill the Swordbearer, damage Thalnok to get his armour down, then once he kneels, pick up the Swordbearer's sword wnd attack Thalnok with it.

This! Has to be the most frustrating fight in the CoO. I suppose we got so used to the Crota Raid (and newer players may never have even had a shot at it yet) that the sword mechanic seems so straightforward. Regardless if they don't get it then don't pick up the sword.

If you have enough high light level players in the arena with you, this should take no more than 1-2 cycles. Use the sleeper stimulant to pretty much one-shot his shield off so your He Man can so his thing with the sword.

#4 Xenojay

Xenojay

Subliminal. Liminal. And Superliminal.

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Tester
  • 11917 posts
  • Steam ID:N/A
  • PSN:Xenojay
  • Wii:N/A
  • Xbox Live:Xenojay

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:17 AM

I love when you trust another player to pick up the sword, then they don't know what to do with it, hahahaha. So salty.

#5 argsy

argsy

aka Mr Grumpy

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 1987 posts
  • Steam ID:argsy_nz
  • PSN:argsy

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:27 AM

I'll never forget the Crota Raid night when UltraMantis went out with the sword and next thing we know he's up in the Knights towers trying to smash them, rather than Crota! I think it took us about 10 minutes to reset and start again we could not stop laughing! 

This! Has to be the most frustrating fight in the CoO. I suppose we got so used to the Crota Raid (and newer players may never have even had a shot at it yet) that the sword mechanic seems so straightforward. Regardless if they don't get it then don't pick up the sword.

If you have enough high light level players in the arena with you, this should take no more than 1-2 cycles. Use the sleeper stimulant to pretty much one-shot his shield off so your He Man can so his thing with the sword.

Imagine, those newer players who have no idea about the network disconnect glitch! Ah the cheese  :thumbsup:

#6 czk51

czk51
  • PSN:cheradenineZ

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:32 AM

Solo'd it once, was my greatest achievement. 

#HumbleBrag

#7 Xenojay

Xenojay

Subliminal. Liminal. And Superliminal.

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Tester
  • 11917 posts
  • Steam ID:N/A
  • PSN:Xenojay
  • Wii:N/A
  • Xbox Live:Xenojay

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:33 AM

That is the greatest of Humblebrags.

But you probably had a Gjallarhorn helping you, you scrub. Haha!

#8 birdman

birdman

[NZGR]

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4064 posts
  • PSN:quackdog

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:50 AM

Imagine, those newer players who have no idea about the network disconnect glitch! Ah the cheese  :thumbsup:

"3, 2, 1, ... Pull the cord man!"

sh*t yeah that Ultra episode was next level funny alright.

#9 JDogg

JDogg

[NZGR]

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4812 posts
  • PSN:JorDogg

Posted 27 February 2017 - 02:07 PM

Now we use that cheese on each other to get to the lighthouse lol

#10 Metdevil

Metdevil
  • PSN:metdevil678

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:09 PM

I'll never forget the Crota Raid night when UltraMantis went out with the sword and next thing we know he's up in the Knights towers trying to smash them, rather than Crota! I think it took us about 10 minutes to reset and start again we could not stop laughing! 

It happens a lot now in CoO. Worst one I've seen was doing Thalnok with randoms when some dude comes out of nowhere, grabs the sword and then buggers off with it to kill some Taken/ritual Mini-boss with it :P

But I can honestly say that I never did the disconnect glitch... Not through a lack of trying though :P we couldn't get the timing down :whistle:

Now we use that cheese on each other to get to the lighthouse lol

:lol: Yea, that's true.
I still need to go to the Lighthouse actually. Haven't been in a while now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users