Photo

What games and accessories are you getting for Nintendo Switch?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 whatsupmyninja

whatsupmyninja
  • PSN:SizeNZ

Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:07 AM

The Neon Joycon set you can buy actually are R: Red & L: Blue, so you can have all-red and all-blue combos. So many options!

#22 AdamC

AdamC
  • Steam ID:LygerReach
  • PSN:JadamCrt

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:17 PM

I'm pretty sure the ones that come with the system are left blue right red also. In the pic at least.

#23 whatsupmyninja

whatsupmyninja

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:48 PM

Whoops, I meant the opposite. So getting the standalone joycons gives you the opposite to what's in the Switch box

#24 AdamC

AdamC

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:55 PM

Oh that's cool

#25 ricky1981

ricky1981
  • Xbox Live:ricky1981

Posted 26 February 2017 - 07:38 AM

Console and Zelda Collectors Edition will do me, I have a backlog of other games but Zelda's looking too special to ignore :)

#26 Ronsoak

Ronsoak

Please cut up my Credit Cards

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • Steam ID:http://steamcommunity.com/id/ronsoak
  • PSN:exekias

Posted 26 February 2017 - 09:52 AM

I love the look and idea of this console, but i don't have the money, nor have i ever had an interest in Nintendo games. So torn :/

#27 FreddlePopGameS

FreddlePopGameS

Hero of Time

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • PSN:II_SanD_CameL
  • Wii:SW-6107-0369-3801
  • Xbox Live:FreddlePopGameS

Posted 26 February 2017 - 10:26 AM

I love the look and idea of this console, but i don't have the money, nor have i ever had an interest in Nintendo games. So torn :/

Yup the money issue is a big one when a new console releases.

As for Nintendo games I'll say this. It's easy to sit back without having played some of Nintendo's big franchise games and think that they're nothing new and because of the general aesthetic of the game, it looks kiddy and unappealing to an older gamer.

But that's not the case. It may just be because I'm in my mid thirties, but even though I have a PS4 and Xbox one, I can't imagine missing out on Nintendo's first party games. I love my shooters, horrors, racing etc, but I love games that are pure fun too and Nintendo always delivers on that.

I also understand though that many can't afford a 2nd or even 3rd console. So if you could play Mario and then take the card out and insert say Battlefield 1, I can see how Nintendo would appeal to a lot more than just their core fanbase.

#28 whatsupmyninja

whatsupmyninja

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:22 AM

Hey guys, The Warehouse has 10% off online purchases today only. No consoles available for preorder, but Zelda, 12 Switch and accessories are all there.

#29 citysoldier

citysoldier
  • Steam ID:Citysoldier01
  • PSN:Citysoldier

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:48 PM

Don't know if isolated to the blue joy con but apparently has sync issues.  Hopefully it is just that or that they can do a day 1 update and boost the signal or something.  Haven't decided if I am getting one yet but be good to know it works lol

#30 FreddlePopGameS

FreddlePopGameS

Hero of Time

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:44 PM

Don't know if isolated to the blue joy con but apparently has sync issues.  Hopefully it is just that or that they can do a day 1 update and boost the signal or something.  Haven't decided if I am getting one yet but be good to know it works lol

I don't think it'll be that big of a problem. Many who have spoken about it said it occurs when you cover the controller with your whole hand or hold it behind something, and I don't really see why people would want to do that. And the main issue was sitting a good distance from the actual console, and again I don't know too many people who sit more than 5 meters away from their TV.

It doesn't happen often but my PS4 controller does it when I game and I have my laptop up in front of me. It's like it gets interference and the laptop partially disrupts the bluetooth signal. When I heard of the Joycons doing the same, it sound like the same issue.

I'm not sure about the bluetooth signal in the PS4 controller, but I know the Joycons have been balanced to allow longer battery life making the signal semi weak. I'm sure with a patch they could boost the bluetooth connectivity, but at the sacrifice of a little less eatery life.  I have no problems with that though, because it works flawless in portable mode and I've ordered a pro controller for at home.

#31 AdamC

AdamC

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:55 AM

Don't know if isolated to the blue joy con but apparently has sync issues. Hopefully it is just that or that they can do a day 1 update and boost the signal or something. Haven't decided if I am getting one yet but be good to know it works lol

It will be interesting to see how this plays out considering how few switches are actually out yet and it seems to be an issue.
When 2-3 million are out I wonder how many will have the issue. It has caused a few deaths in zelda lol.
On the other side of this there was apparently a video from cnet about the faulty kickstand but the guy was literally just pushing it over and pulling it off. Gotta get those clicks lol

#32 Jaz

Jaz

#SILVERSCUM

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4318 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:20 PM

Switch (neon)

Tempered glass screen protector

Hori tough pouch

Second AC adapter

Anker 20000 battery pack

4 x pro controllers

Zelda (physical)

1-2 Switch (physical)

Binding of Issac (physical)
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (digital)
Fast RMX (digital)
Blaster Master Zero (digital)

#33 TenguNZ

TenguNZ
  • Steam ID:Tengunz1
  • PSN:NZTengu
  • Wii:nztengu
  • Xbox Live:NZTengu

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:32 PM

Just ordered a Switch and Zelda. Bough a second 32" TV so I can play while kids are on the Xbox :thumbsup:  Will also grab Mario Kart 8 when it releases. Can't wait for it to arrive!

#34 RKO_NZ

RKO_NZ

www.obsrv.org

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1386 posts
  • Steam ID:Fnpwnage
  • PSN:NiueanNemesis
  • Xbox Live:TERMINATOR NZL

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:45 AM

Got my Switch on the weekend, my 3rd console from Nintendo, first being GBA, 2nd Cube, and now the Switch, haven't actually played much Zelda before, but love the new game because of the non-linear approach, only downside is that the game library currently quite scarce, Will def be getting Mario Kart 8, War of the Three Kingdoms and Fifa and 2K when they arrive.

Has anyone played I am Setsuna before? I've seen it on there and it looks like a RPG I could get into, (I'm a casual Final Fantasy/RPG player) for $60 is it worth it?

#35 czk51

czk51
  • PSN:cheradenineZ

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:51 AM

Has anyone played I am Setsuna before? I've seen it on there and it looks like a RPG I could get into, (I'm a casual Final Fantasy/RPG player) for $60 is it worth it?

I've not played it but it looks pretty cool. Really intrigued by Disgaea 5 which you can only get from the JP eShop. It works out at just over $100 nzd but also contains all of the DLC so I might consider this once I'm done with Mass Effect Andromeda on ps4. 

#36 FreddlePopGameS

FreddlePopGameS

Hero of Time

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:56 PM

I've got I Am Setsuna and can recommend it. If you love SNES and early PSone jrpgs then you'll love it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users