• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan
  • Steam ID:Monkeyman_707
  • PSN:Monkeyman_707
  • Xbox Live:MonkeyManRacing

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:44 AM

Been playing a bit of birthright again telling myself I'll buy echoes only once I'm finished.

One of my characters died at the end of a level that took me ages and ages so I didn't want to restart  :( rip

#22 czk51

czk51
  • PSN:cheradenineZ

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:00 AM

Been playing a bit of birthright again telling myself I'll buy echoes only once I'm finished.

One of my characters died at the end of a level that took me ages and ages so I didn't want to restart  :( rip

big problem for me is I dont have this attachment given I've disabled permadeath. I think my next FE game I will definitely enable it. That said, I started the game with it enabled and I found myself restarting all the time. So yeah it's a tough one. 

I get offers on the 3ds store at the moment (well, it was there on the weekend) being a My Nintendo member, i get 30% off Awakening and DLC. Been temtped but totally gotta stop buying games haha. Got Disgaea 5 on switch which I should press on with (but it really hasn't grabbed me yet) 

Echoes released today in Japan, one month until NZ. 

#23 czk51

czk51

Posted 28 April 2017 - 01:52 PM

Finished Birthright on the weekend. No post-game makes me a sad panda. Was looking forward to levelling up my team while doing challenges + pvp but I guess I have to use the previous save before the last level.. which feels kinda yukky. 

#24 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

What happened? How did I get here?

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 10798 posts
  • PSN:drunk_monk_13
  • Xbox Live:drunkmonk37

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:03 PM

Started jamming my first fire emblem (awakening) and I'm digging it.

But after it introduces the auto battle, I gave it a try and the first move got a character killed:(

#25 czk51

czk51

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:17 PM

Oh yeah auto battle is pretty useless apart from grinding with perma-death off, in my experience.

#26 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

What happened? How did I get here?

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 10798 posts
  • PSN:drunk_monk_13
  • Xbox Live:drunkmonk37

Posted 06 July 2017 - 11:04 PM

Finally beat Awakening.

Holy pants I loved it. I'm not a big fan of nation v nation/ old castle style narratives in JRPGs and find with Tactics games I tend to get bored of the story and just enjoy the battles by the end.

FE Awakening had me HOOKED on it's story. Loved it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: permadeath, fire emblem, 3ds, switch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users