permadeath fire emblem 3ds switch

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 czk51

czk51
  • PSN:cheradenineZ

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:52 AM

1456297707fireemblemfates.jpg

Aight time for a dedicated thread. All FE games across all platforms, discussion about current games, recommendations and future iterations. 

2017 is off to a cracker start with 3 new games announced: 

FE: Echoes releases May 19 on 3DS

FE: Warriors Releases Sept / Oct / Nov on Switch and 3DS

FE: Heroes Releases Feb 2 on Android + iOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWOcLSD_D1I

Full Fire Emblem Direct presentation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq1Xzycyp2E

So what games do you have? Favorite? Recommendations? What are you most looking forward to in 2017?

#2 czk51

czk51

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:57 AM

I'm currently playing FE; Birthright and really enjoying it. I'm playing with Permadeath = off as it's a bit of an introduction to the series for me. I was thinking of grabbing Conquest upon completion, then the DLC Revelations, but with the 2017 announcements I think I'll hold out for Echoes. Not sure if I'll pick up Heroes - it does look great and if performance is anything like Hyrule Warriors on 3DS I'm sure it'll be great, but I think I'm over the Warriors style games since thrashing the Dynasty Warriors series on PS2, PS3, PS4. 

I have a question regarding Fates: I'm up to chapter 16 (not sure how far along the series this is) I am having a hard time with gear. I know that I can purchase new items but I find it hard to see who is most proficient with what so I just hit 'optimize'. Is there a better approach? I never use items either. I seem to do pretty well in the main chapter missions but I lose a few units (not permadeath so not really fussed) but feels like I should be investing more time into this. Reckon? 

#3 MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan
  • Steam ID:Monkeyman_707
  • PSN:Monkeyman_707
  • Xbox Live:MonkeyManRacing

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:32 AM

Cheers for creating the thread czk

I'm also playing Birthright at the moment. Love it. I've played fire emblem since the first western release, got permadeath on of course because it stays true to the old ones and makes it more intense.

I'm not particularly far through, still a few things I need to work out

Like in the castle... (not much of a spoiler but to be safe)

Spoiler

Also hyped for all the new games. I love all the fire emblem characters so bringing them together in the mobile game should be awesome

#4 czk51

czk51

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:38 AM

I think leveling her up helps with your defenses if you are attacked from another player? Yeah I should have paid more attention there as well, I just keep feeding her lol. Up to level 45 I think now? 

#5 MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:27 PM

Looks like I'm not as far through birthright as I thought, only up to chapter 12 but it feels like I've but a lot of time into it

But another question, is it better to not evolve characters because it seems like evolving them means they get only a tiny amount of experience each battle so basically never level up

Edit: I was finally bothered to look up the answer to this. And yes it seems holding off on the class upgrade is what you should do. I'm not sure whether I like or hate the idea

Edited by MonkeyMan, 02 February 2017 - 11:17 AM.

#6 MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan

Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:07 AM

I have never been excited for a mobile game release before but man I am hyped for heroes. Anyone know what time it's releasing? I'm getting impatient

#7 czk51

czk51

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:33 PM

Nah I dunno but if it says the 2nd in the US I'd say probably tomorrow for NZ? Just checked android / play store and it just says 'coming soon'. While I'll probably download it I should probably plug away at the 3DS game I paid for first :P 

#8 czk51

czk51

Posted 03 February 2017 - 08:13 AM

I have never been excited for a mobile game release before but man I am hyped for heroes. Anyone know what time it's releasing? I'm getting impatient

It's available for DL now on android. Also for anyone with My Nintendo Points you can redeem them from within the app https://my.nintendo...._emblem_heroes

#9 pigeonqueen

pigeonqueen

Has-Large-Goldfish

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Wii:NNID: pigeonqueen
  • Xbox Live:pigeonqueen

Posted 03 February 2017 - 08:39 PM

I was really liking the different art styles of all the character portraits until I summoned Arthur...

el8aqpm.jpg

#10 Xaphriel

Xaphriel

Chaos Wizard

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • Steam ID:Xaphriel
  • PSN:Xaphriel

Posted 07 February 2017 - 01:27 PM

Yikes, never liked Arthur anyway.

Srsly though, app, give me my Lucina. NOW.

#11 MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:23 AM

That Arthur is more cartoon than Fire Emblem. I'm loving discovering new characters that are from games I haven't played and of course meeting my old favourites (hopefully I can train up Donnel  :thumbsup: )

So I got a 5* Marth and he crushes. Also my 4* Jeorge is killing it. 4* Chrom is badass but not quite as good as the other two. What cool/good characters have you guys got so far?

Also red seems to be soo much more common than the other colours, it's really frustrating when red comes up when summoning cus I want a balanced team.

My friend code is: 1778415870   add me, not that friends really do anything at this point.

Edit: the pay to win is real, but that isn't really what it's about so I'm not too upset

https://imgur.com/gallery/PoPCM

Edited by MonkeyMan, 08 February 2017 - 11:31 AM.

#12 pigeonqueen

pigeonqueen

Has-Large-Goldfish

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 03:00 PM

I sent you a Friend request :)

I'm R: 2671630237

I haven't pulled any 5-stars yet; but my 4-star Peri wrecks everything in her path. Also got 4-star Niles; he says some pretty suggestive things when tapped lol!

#13 Xaphriel

Xaphriel

Chaos Wizard

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 03:04 PM

Done. I'm 6234617311. Four star Corrin-M is the best I have at the moment, so I am the sad panda.

#14 pigeonqueen

pigeonqueen

Has-Large-Goldfish

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 04:13 PM

Got 5 feathers out of the "greet" option so at least adding friends isn't completely pointless :D

#15 MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan

Posted 09 February 2017 - 02:42 PM

Yeah I think you get 5 feathers a day from that greet thing? It's pretty small considering it takes 20,000 to upgrade a character from 4 to 5 stars but better than nothing. 

So I just got 5* Roy and 5* Corrin from the same group of summons, super awesomeness. Both sword users (red). I love Roy and he is a beast but I really need something else to balance my team :/

#16 czk51

czk51

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:21 PM

oh wow i only just realized getting S rank character relationships (marriage) triggers Paralogue missions. I have 3 to play!! Tried one (paralogue 2) and it was extremely hard - wiped my team within a few moves. Will have to grind it out and play them. Was wondering when the babbies were going to be introduced!! 

#17 Xaphriel

Xaphriel

Chaos Wizard

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:16 AM

oh wow i only just realized getting S rank character relationships (marriage) triggers Paralogue missions. I have 3 to play!! Tried one (paralogue 2) and it was extremely hard - wiped my team within a few moves. Will have to grind it out and play them. Was wondering when the babbies were going to be introduced!! 

The Paralogues are difficult, but if you've bred your children right they are absolute beasts. It's my favourite and least favourite part of the game :P

#18 czk51

czk51

Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:08 AM

Definitely intrigued but in reality might have to hold off since buying a switch. Too many games to play and I've not touched FE: Birthright for about 3 months :( 

#19 MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan

Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:31 AM

Man that's not far away at all. I'm also keen but haven't got close to finishing birthright so can't really justify it (just an excuse it get back into birthright though I reckon).

Loving heroes at the moment though. Bunny Chrom is actually a beast. Love the collection aspect of it and making teams out of characters I love. Still haven't got a single lvl 40 yet so I'm not really competitive but its fun completing missions

#20 czk51

czk51

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:48 AM

Live stream of Shadows of Valentia here: 

I'll post the full vid when I've finished. 

Got back into Birthright since realizing I'm actually quite far through the chapters - still not sure if I can see myself picking up another 3DS game with the current Switch line up to drop this year but this does look super good - I love the dungeon free roam looking aspect. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: permadeath, fire emblem, 3ds, switch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users