Photo

Aftermarket Wii Remotes opinions please.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 AdamC

AdamC
  • Steam ID:LygerReach
  • PSN:JadamCrt

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:20 PM

Hey, I just bought a Wii U and I was wondering if anybody had used something like this? I usually try and stick to Genuine controllers, but I was looking at buying 3-4 of these things, and I was wondering if they work for Wii U and Wii Games, etc? Im new to what seems like 10 different controller options for Wii U and Wii games.

http://www.trademe.c...-1190081835.htm

Wii Remote Nunchuck MOTION PLUS - 2 in 1 - Red

Listing #: 1190081835
North Shore, Auckland, NZ

New item Pay Now

470165588.jpg

#2 manukajoe

manukajoe
  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:42 PM

I have bought a few third party Wii controllers over the years. My experience is they often don't work as well as the genuine ones. But as the the genuine ones age they sometimes aren't perfect either. Wii controllers have a lot of sensors and with third party and/or old ones there always seems to be something that doesn't work quite right (buttons, motion sensors, especially in the nunchuk, battery indicator, infrared). So I would definitely go for genuine ones if you can, but I know it's a lot of money.

The same controllers work on Wii and Wii U. They're bluetooth. You should know that some games require "MotionPlus/Wiimote Plus) but most games don't. The Motion Plus controllers have additional sensors for fine motions. Some games that require motionplus include Skyward Sword, Wii Sports Resort.

There's a NZ Nintendo Facebook group by the way where a lot of folk hang out. It's a lot of Pokemon stuff but other stuff as well.

#3 manukajoe

manukajoe
  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:47 PM

PS: So with my original Wii I have about 7 wiimotes and nunchuks, plus a couple of "Classic Controller Pro" (can be used in some games, like Xenoblade, Monster Hunter and you'll need it for Wii Virtual Console download games like Ocarina of Time, although that one can downloaded onthe Wii U I think). The Classic Controller Pro is a very reliable piece of hardware, even the third party ones seem to be ok.

For my Wii U I also got a Pro Controller, which I love. I used it to play Wind Waker and Darksiders II for example.

#4 AdamC

AdamC

Posted 27 October 2016 - 08:42 PM

Cool thanks man. I might just get 1 for starters then and see how it goes. If it doesnt work too good it can be the wifes one lol

#5 AdamC

AdamC

Posted 28 October 2016 - 07:03 PM

One other question, does anybody know if the controllers from NZGameshop (uk) work with NZ Systems? Thanks.

#6 supermario

supermario

Hail Xenu!

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 9413 posts
  • Steam ID:BanalityDUFF

Posted 31 October 2016 - 12:42 PM

One other question, does anybody know if the controllers from NZGameshop (uk) work with NZ Systems? Thanks.

they do, i brought a set from them and it works great (it was the set with remote, nunchuck, and another sensor bar). pretty sure controllers from everywhere work, i've got a Smash Gamecube Controller from GameAsia and it works great. Heck, my Wii-U tablet has a battery from Japan (increase size).

#7 AdamC

AdamC

Posted 31 October 2016 - 12:53 PM

Great thankyou for the feedback

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users