Nintendo NX now Nintendo Switch

Nintendo nx nintendo switch

• Please log in to reply
298 replies to this topic

#281 Jenesyde

Jenesyde
  • Xbox Live:Jenesyde

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:09 AM

Splatoon 2 today. Been getting some pretty decent reviews so I grabbed it. Will start the campaign at lunchtime.

I hear there's no split screen?

#282 czk51

czk51
  • PSN:cheradenineZ

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:51 AM

Splatoon 2 today. Been getting some pretty decent reviews so I grabbed it. Will start the campaign at lunchtime.

I hear there's no split screen?

correct. real shame. 

#283 Jenesyde

Jenesyde

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:54 PM

Lame. I'll pass unless they patch it in.

Anyone played that Fates Extella? Looks like it could be worthy.

#284 Jenesyde

Jenesyde

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:30 PM

Anyone played that Fates Extella? Looks like it could be worthy.

By the way, turns out this is digital only in Aus/NZ.

#285 czk51

czk51

Posted 01 August 2017 - 08:10 PM

Resident Evil Revelations announced for switch this year https://twitter.com/...278997534429184

#286 czk51

czk51

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:20 AM

Phantom Trigger ($25nzd) out next week, so excited!!

#287 RKO_NZ

RKO_NZ

www.obsrv.org

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1350 posts
  • Xbox Live:TERMINATOR NZL

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:31 PM

I want Res. Rev2, not interested in the first part, didn't really entertain me, Rev 2 however, it'd be my forth time playing, but its a really good game and went back to its roots of RE

havent booted up my Switch in awhile, its been neglected cant pull myself away from Friday13th and Dead By Daylight, but today I picked up 3 games

Minecraft (think this is like my 4th time buying it)

Infinite Golf

NBA Playgrounds

I saw Inf. Golf and NBA on Xbox One, but thought they;d be more suited for Switch.

#288 czk51

czk51

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:21 AM

Switch is killing it at the moment, for me at least. 

Retro City Rampage DX ($25)and Slime-san ($20) out today

While im kinda put off by the colours in Slime-san the gameplay looks fun as hell, picking it up tonight

NeuroVoider announced for Sept 7 - this looks insane, grabbing for sure

Also: I Am Setsuna is on sale on the Switch eshop. $42.84 (33% off)

#289 Jenesyde

Jenesyde

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:37 PM

Phantom Trigger ($25nzd) out next week, so excited!!

Er... looks "reminiscent" of Hyper Light Drifter?

#290 czk51

czk51

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:50 PM

Yup extremely, and there are plenty of others that have mentioned it. I think even the theme of illness also appears in PT as well which is pretty horrendous if true. I never played HLD but contemplating grabbing it on ps4, PT is a bit cheaper and will be great to play on lunch break.

#291 czk51

czk51

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:59 AM

Speaking of Hyper Light Drifter: new Smash Brothers style game announced for Switch: http://nintendoevery...ater-this-year/

What's that got to do with HLD you ask? 

YOOOOOOO

#292 Eddie_Boy

Eddie_Boy
  • Steam ID:Eddie Boy
  • PSN:Mr__Robo

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:20 PM

My switch arrived today! Seems pretty neat so far, although I've only played the disgaea 5 demo because I've got Mario kart, splatoon and Zelda still on the way. I may just buy Disgaea on the eshop, it seems like a great game for the switch and I'm a sucker for grinding games haha. I've ordered a pro controller as well. 

Hopefully it keeps building on its momentum, it really seems like a great wee console and I'm certain I'll get my moneys worth out of it!

#293 czk51

czk51

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:23 PM

Disgaea 5 is batsh*t insane, Soooo many options, stats and stuff. I'm 34 hours in and only halfway through the story! The grinding is awesome, lots of options to grind and keep it interesting.

Grabbed Phantom Trigger today, really liking it so far.

#294 Xaphriel

Xaphriel

Chaos Wizard

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Steam ID:Xaphriel
  • PSN:Xaphriel

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:42 AM

Ok guys real talk, is this worth buying with the current library and issues? I've got me a craving but I'm still extremely on the fence. Should I wait for a special edition, or a Zelda GotY, before taking the plunge?

#295 czk51

czk51

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:55 AM

It all depends on what you are currently playing (console / pc / what games you enjoy / are you a trophy or achievements addict and can you live without them)

Regarding issues: at the beginning users reported issues of joy cons not syncing and screen scratching. I've had the joy cons de-sync a few times but re-connect them without a problem. It's been patched as well so might be fixed for good. Scratches I've avoided just by being super careful placing or removing it from the toaster. 

The wifi is piss-weak and lots (but not all) users have this problem. 

For me the biggest draw is the portability. Many games are cross platform and I'd usually grab them on ps4 but the portability means I can play them on my lunch break at work. It's pretty much replaced my 3DS in this regard. 

The currently library? Subjective. I loved Zelda, got a lot of enjoyment out of Arms and Splatoon, and also picked up other non-exclusives like Binding of Isaac, Disgaea 5, Sonic, Has Been Heros, TumbleSeed, Lego City Undercover etc etc just coz, again, of portability. 

Did / do you own a wii u? Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is great and all but hard to recommend forking out again on switch if you already own it. With Pokken Tournament on it's way, same goes. I hope to see more Wii U games brought over, but that's only coz I never had one. 

In short: hell yes. It's an amazing device with awesome games and it never leaves my side. But your mileage may vary :)

Better living everyone! 

#296 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

What happened? How did I get here?

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 10568 posts
  • PSN:drunk_monk_13
  • Xbox Live:drunkmonk37

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:02 PM

Pretty much everything CZK just said.

Any game I can play on Switch I likely will as it's a gorgeous screen and just wonderful to play on.

If you don't have a U then BOTW, Mario Kart and Pollen coming. If you do then dunno. Look at the library and decide if it's worth waiting.

Edited by drunk_monk, 16 August 2017 - 12:03 PM.

#297 czk51

czk51

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:06 PM

speaking of issues though - sonic seems to have some pretty major problems if you try to hit the home button or screen grab when undocked. Can be very hard to get out of the game. Same if you attempt to access online leaderboards but the switch isn't connected to the network, just hangs rather than explaining there is no connection. Hopefully will be patched soon. 

#298 czk51

czk51

Posted Yesterday, 11:30 AM

New Arms character revealed 

Also another demo, this time running all weekend

and 3 new DLCs for Splatoon 2 

New stage, weapon and Salmon Run map

#299 AdamC

AdamC
  • Steam ID:LygerReach
  • PSN:JadamCrt

Posted Yesterday, 11:09 PM

FFXV on the Switch? How crazy would it be, a Main line FF back on Nintendo, and in Cartridge format like they wanted all along!

"We can't give you any complete, solid details right at the moment," he said, "but we very much do want to move out and do as much as we can with the game and the franchise. There's another certain console out there people may be thinking of. It sounds a little bit like... Twitch."

https://www.kotaku.c...y-15-on-switch/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Nintendo nx nintendo, switch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users