• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Wickitoria

Wickitoria
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • PSN:Wickitoria

Posted 15 October 2016 - 08:17 AM

I am looking for mature gamers 45 plus and anyone with any kind of disability who games, for input into a paper I am writing on what kind of games you enjoy, and for those with disabilities, how it helps.

#2 manukajoe

manukajoe
  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 08:21 AM

I am 50, but no disability. I might be interested, depending on what it requires.

#3 woollywol

woollywol
  • Steam ID:PoodleDjinn
  • PSN:wilywol60
  • Wii:woollywol60

Posted 15 October 2016 - 08:26 AM

I fit both criteria. You can pm me. Would appreciate more details on the paper, which tertiary institution etc.

#4 Wickitoria

Wickitoria
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 08:27 AM

Just wanting to know what games you enjoy, what platform and why you enjoy those paticular games. Also, which games you would like to play that you don't own already.

#5 manukajoe

manukajoe
  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 08:55 AM

I started with a second hand Wii in 2012, at age 46. Two primary school age children.

My favourite games were:

Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess (first game played, loved the setting, story, characters, humour, music, puzzles)

Metroid Prime Trilogy (love the sci fi setting, pacing, 3D environments, sense of isolation)

Okami (loved the art, music, humour, scope, puzzles)

Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands (Wii) and Sands of Time (Gamecube) (love the setting, platforming, style, story)

Legend of Zelda Wind Waker (Gamecube) (loved the nautical setting, colour, music, game play, humour, puzzles)

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time (N64) (loved the story, characters, puzzles, scope, history)

Xenoblade Chronicles (loved the setting, story, characters, music, gameplay)

Beyond Good and Evil (Gamecube) (great setting, characters, story)

We then bought a Wii U:

Mario Kart 8 (had lots of fun with this, great to play when friends come over)

Darksiders 2 (great setting, music, puzzles, art)

Lego City Undercover (by far the best lego game, amazing humour and just easy fun)

Then I got a used PS3 in 2015:

Portal/Portal 2 (beautifully put together, funny, cool puzzles)

Mass Effect Trilogy (favourite game of all time, incredible breadth, fun shooting, great characters and interactions, very moving) 

Call of Duty 4 (FPS is not really my thing but this one is pretty good)

Uncharted Series (another TPS I really like, treasure hunting theme, nice settings)

Ico (great atmosphere, puzzles, story)

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (my favourite co-op game, great controls, and puzzles)

Mirror's Edge (love the setting, art, music, platforming)

Need for Speed Most Wanted (2012) (favourite racing game, great graphics, cars, open world setting)

Nier (oddball action RPG with some great characters, sweet moments and intriguing story)

So generally I like story, 3D settings, 3D platforming, sci-fi, good characters and interactions, human moments, third person perspective. I generally don't like 2D games, dark or post-apocalyptic settings, zombies, gratuitous violence, shallow characters, misogyny.  

PS: I'm active on VideoGameGeek, and have posted lots of reviews and session reports there.

Edited by manukajoe, 15 October 2016 - 09:33 AM.

#6 Wickitoria

Wickitoria
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 09:02 AM

Thank you so much for your imput 😊

#7 manukajoe

manukajoe
  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 08:52 AM

If you ask over at VGG in the general forums

https://videogamegee...al-video-gaming

you'll probably get a few responses. Make your question very specific and clear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users