NEON on Xbox 360

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kentnz

kentnz
  • PSN:ESKYmoto87
  • Xbox Live:ESKYoner

Posted 22 September 2016 - 05:26 PM

I recently got a two month free trial to Neon. Given that my laptop is kaks, I thought I would use my PS4 to stream onto my nice big HDTV. 

Low and behold, current gen systems are not supported (yet). That is OK as the Xbox 360 is supported. Since I don't yet own an Xbox One, my Xbox 360 is still connected to my main gaming centre, as my prestigious Microsoft console.

I download NEON, everything is going swimmingly, I boot up the app. This is where I run into problems. I get stuck on the "Authenticating" screen.

Does anybody else have this problem?? Can you offer any guidance please??

#2 predatorhunter

predatorhunter

Obsessed with Gears of War

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4430 posts
  • Xbox Live:themainman21

Posted 23 September 2016 - 03:32 PM

i tried NEON for a month once such a crap service, i tried to watch something on the 360 app for it got as far as selecting what i wanted to watch and it just wouldnt work. so i gave up, best option is contact there useless support team or just forget about it.

#3 AdamC

AdamC
  • Steam ID:LygerReach
  • PSN:JadamCrt

Posted 23 September 2016 - 07:41 PM

Yea it works sometimes. Most times it's just crap

#4 kentnz

kentnz
  • PSN:ESKYmoto87
  • Xbox Live:ESKYoner

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:14 PM

They told me to delete the app, restart my console, and reinstall. After a few attempts it was successful, It has been working well so far <fingers_crossed>. The comments above don't fill me with confidence. It is disappointing to hear that the service is substandard as the content is amazing!!

#5 promaori

promaori

Your local jandal bandit

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1701 posts
  • Steam ID:haxspidornz
  • PSN:promaori
  • Wii:promaori
  • Xbox Live:promaori

Posted 26 September 2016 - 11:21 PM

They told me to delete the app, restart my console, and reinstall. After a few attempts it was successful, It has been working well so far <fingers_crossed>. The comments above don't fill me with confidence. It is disappointing to hear that the service is substandard as the content is amazing!!

Your best bet is to get a Chromecast and use your phone. When Game of Thrones was out, the wife and I were using one month trials to watch the whole season and didn't have any issues streaming directly from our phones. Going to have to pay for a month next season though :(

#6 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

What happened? How did I get here?

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 10568 posts
  • PSN:drunk_monk_13
  • Xbox Live:drunkmonk37

Posted 27 September 2016 - 06:36 AM

Yea Neon is owned by Sky so it's never going to be good. It's going to be just kinda good enough at best.

#7 sassydot

sassydot

Queen of Forza

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 3711 posts
  • Steam ID:sassydot
  • Xbox Live:sassydot

Posted 27 September 2016 - 08:46 AM

I got 24 months free with my mobile contract.

it works fine on the 360 for me.  A bit slow in the menus, but once playing it's all good.

Pro - hit me up when you need next season of GoT - I'll change my password on it for a bit and you can use my account :lol:  Haven't reached max devices yet and we hardly ever use it anyway so shouldn't be an issue of anyone else trying to use it at the same time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users