NBA2K17

NBA2K NBA2K17 Basketball

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#41 NZBuc

NZBuc
  • Xbox Live:NZ Buc

Posted 16 September 2016 - 08:49 PM

I'm keen to join the park with most people this time!

#42 RKO_NZ

RKO_NZ

www.obsrv.org

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • Steam ID:Fnpwnage
  • PSN:NiueanNemesis
  • Xbox Live:TERMINATOR NZL

Posted 18 September 2016 - 10:06 PM

Just saw a Baller in a squad with a rivet so it looks like rivals can team up now?

#43 that_black_guy

that_black_guy
  • PSN:that_black_guy

Posted 19 September 2016 - 08:02 PM

I'm a big 2k fan and have been for the past decade, but am I the only one who thinks this game sucks? I've only had a few hours on it, but I'm not really digging it... and I'm one of the rare few who could forgive 2k12 even though 2k11 was far superior

#44 Mafivee

Mafivee

Posted 20 September 2016 - 07:01 AM

How did everyone's mycareer players turn out? I ended up staying as a lottery pick getting a Round 1 Pick 6 to the Pelicans. Will be nice to share the paint with Anthony Davis. Also the back court in Holiday and fellow 6th pick Hield are looking solid... plus there is that Mr. Justice 'Four Years' Young. Evans also is solid enough too. Has been a rocky start though, currently 1-6... until I become a starter though, then no doubt the second half of the season will swing us back to a 8th seed or something.

#45 NZBuc

NZBuc

Posted 20 September 2016 - 07:36 AM

Denver took me - we're 3-0 ATM, but I need to improve my guy quite a bit more

For MyTeam - I got an 80+ Westbrook (not contract limited) from one of the free packs I had. I like how they have solo challenge equivalents now too.

Have a joined a park yet - is sunset the one to go?

Edited by NZBuc, 20 September 2016 - 11:19 AM.

#46 PE0PLEKN0WME

PE0PLEKN0WME

When will Faye Lau's leg be fixed?

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 2422 posts
  • Xbox Live:PE0PLE KN0W ME

Posted 20 September 2016 - 07:48 AM

Pretty sure you can play wth rivals by the looks of it so join where you prefer I guess. A lot of us stayed flyers to get the bonus rep however It didn't play out as planned and I had to start from rookie 1 for some weird reason. Have only played college and got drafted 9th to Raptors then just went to the park, have had about 10 park games and it was business as usual. This time last year I would have logged 20+ hours but I'm barely cracking 7. Time is precious

#47 KiwiSharp

KiwiSharp

KiwiSharp

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2989 posts
  • Steam ID:KiwiSharp
  • PSN:KiwiSharp
  • Xbox Live:KiwiSharp

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:49 AM

Got drafted Lottery as well to the Bucks. On a pretty good winning streak. MyCareer appears to be much better this year compared to last.

Will have to join some of you guys in the Park!

#48 tom_nz

tom_nz
  • Steam ID:tom_nzl
  • PSN:tom_nzl
  • Xbox Live:Tom nz

Posted 20 September 2016 - 07:10 PM

Hmmmmm, after an extremely frustrating but successful night in the park I'm considering a new player build. Currently have a SF Shot Creator but find the lack of 3 point shooting ability annoying as hell. So looking at building a PG Playmaker instead. Having a Sharpshooter will annoy me in a different way so hopefully Playmaker will be the good middle ground I'm looking for.

#49 RKO_NZ

RKO_NZ

www.obsrv.org

• Members
  • 1376 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:06 PM

MyPark record is so sh*t, (and no not because of me, check my statline ;) ) but because of Orcons useless internet, I racked up 6 DC losses last night, and half coming from just as the game is about to end, so I get screwed out of a rep+VC, looking at the possibility of not having internet for a couple of weeks, waiting for current contract to end, to jump onto MyRepublic.

I have already made a change in player build, was getting frustrated that I was getting boxed out by guards as a 7'3 glass cleaner, and the current people I play with are all garbage at shooting, and as a cleaner I can't really score besides the occasion contact layup or dunk, so have gone the Draymond Green route, gone a 6'10 stretch, rebounding only goes up to 75, but if I play with people who are confident shooters I go big. My work computer sucks I can't quote, but Buc, you could pretty much go whichever park as you can play with rivals once you go Pro3, I saw last night Flyers/Rivet combo and then confirmed on Tom's twitch he saw a OT/Baller combo, I guess it just means this feature will deactiviate during rival days.

and on the note of the rep boost, both me and 4 of my friends confirmed that we did not get any rep boost for picking the same park, (like 16 where you went straight to pro 1) unless the boost was included in the EXP given from the first games played in park, we saw no boost.

#50 NZBuc

NZBuc

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:28 PM

MyPark record is so sh*t, (and no not because of me, check my statline ;) ) but because of Orcons useless internet, I racked up 6 DC losses last night, and half coming from just as the game is about to end, so I get screwed out of a rep+VC, looking at the possibility of not having internet for a couple of weeks, waiting for current contract to end, to jump onto MyRepublic.

I have already made a change in player build, was getting frustrated that I was getting boxed out by guards as a 7'3 glass cleaner, and the current people I play with are all garbage at shooting, and as a cleaner I can't really score besides the occasion contact layup or dunk, so have gone the Draymond Green route, gone a 6'10 stretch, rebounding only goes up to 75, but if I play with people who are confident shooters I go big. My work computer sucks I can't quote, but Buc, you could pretty much go whichever park as you can play with rivals once you go Pro3, I saw last night Flyers/Rivet combo and then confirmed on Tom's twitch he saw a OT/Baller combo, I guess it just means this feature will deactiviate during rival days.

and on the note of the rep boost, both me and 4 of my friends confirmed that we did not get any rep boost for picking the same park, (like 16 where you went straight to pro 1) unless the boost was included in the EXP given from the first games played in park, we saw no boost.

Thanks for that - may go sunset then (my original park!)

#51 RKO_NZ

RKO_NZ

www.obsrv.org

• Members
  • 1376 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:48 PM

Well if you're a shooter, might as well get that bonus for shooting!

#52 KiwiSharp

KiwiSharp

KiwiSharp

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2989 posts
  • Steam ID:KiwiSharp
  • PSN:KiwiSharp
  • Xbox Live:KiwiSharp

Posted 20 September 2016 - 11:56 PM

Had a crack at the park tonight and went Flyers. Was fortunate though as I got the XP from last time as I started as a Pro1. Others appear to of missed out as well. Seems this happened to the people who went into MyPark quite early, which is unfortunate. 

#53 maceotago

maceotago
  • Steam ID:maceotago
  • PSN:maceotago
  • Xbox Live:kiwimace77

Posted 21 September 2016 - 08:55 AM

So tempted to get this game now after all this talk!

Just need to find the time - into Madden at the moment but also MLB which is about to run it's course so this could be a nice filler.

#54 RKO_NZ

RKO_NZ

www.obsrv.org

• Members
  • 1376 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 08:26 PM

@Kiwisharp, That would justify why then, I joined park about two minutes into the midnight release of 2K. and remember only seeing people rookie ranked, no pro's, maybe 2K had some sort of system in to prevent players who got early copies getting head starts in Park

#55 tom_nz

tom_nz
  • Steam ID:tom_nzl
  • PSN:tom_nzl
  • Xbox Live:Tom nz

Posted 22 September 2016 - 09:13 AM

6'3 PG Playmaker is a beast. Only tried him on the park on Tuesday night, just played career mode last night. Ended up getting 3rd pick in the draft going to the Celtics. Once I earn a bit more vc I'll be maxing his 3 point shooting out at 74 (79 with boost) and his speed at 94 (99 with boost). He's a beast. A bit pissed off at myself for spending VC on my SF but such is life.

#56 RKO_NZ

RKO_NZ

www.obsrv.org

• Members
  • 1376 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 07:39 PM

Same here Tom, used my preorder VC to max rebounding on my glass cleaner, but since I play in the early AM's cause I do nightshift, none of my friends are online so I have to play park with randoms, which sucks because I work my ass off and get on average 10+ rebounds a game to then come down to losses because my team mates are poor shooters, nor can I shoot myself, although I can ball hog a bit with my shooting center, but works better if someone passes to me as I have catch and shoot badge

Newest BS/Cheese in MyPark is the Amethyst Deep Range Shooter/Dead Eye, which means you can nail 3PT shots from half court (to be more prescise the 2K/Park Logo in the center of the court) reason this pisses me off more so is because I had a stretch big PF shoot a three in my face 3 times, and sinking two of them, and my shot contest on my cleaner is 80, so no excuse for it. 

#57 NZBuc

NZBuc

Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:54 AM

It looks like hardly anybody got the dream team ('92 Barcelona Olympics) to use in play now games (should be by boomers and '16 team USA). I contacted support, as 10k VC came through, but not the team. Reply says there's an issue, but not timeline to fix, so just follow their Twitter.

Anybody here got the dream team?

Email reply if you want to read:

Hello again NZ Buc,

Thank you for contacting 2K Support!

I totally understand your frustration but because of the work of diligent players like you, we've been able to collect enough information about this issue to notify the development team, and they are currently working toward a solution. Unfortunately, we do not have visibility on their progress here in customer support, and so we don't have a timeline for a fix to be implemented. That said, please follow us on Twitter (@NBA2K), as this is where new info as well as upcoming patches will be announced. Hopefully this issue will be resolved in very near future and rest assured that you will be informed about it

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know!

Kind regards,

Yavuz B.
2K Support

Edited by NZBuc, 26 September 2016 - 06:54 AM.

#58 RKO_NZ

RKO_NZ

www.obsrv.org

• Members
  • 1376 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:13 PM

Think I'm giving up on park (maybe I'm just totally sh*t this year lol) but even with playing with my friends in park, I always seem to lose, not going to say I'm the best player ever and I'm not to blame for losses, but I do my usual job, screens, set picks, and even at times set plays as my C with his 35 ball handling (lol) I average 4 points, 7+ rebounds and a block per game, yet when I play my squad always seems to lose by either a two point shot, or massive blowouts by 10+ points, think I'm gonna focus on NHL this year until my shooters in my squad sort their sh*t out, still keen for a league and Myteam though.

#59 Mafivee

Mafivee

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:38 AM

Yeah that ball handling is a nightmare for my guy too. It's turnover central by getting it poked out and I'm not even playing in the park, so I can only imagine the steal spammers being quite successful. As much as I'd like to get into the park, I just can't stand the usual cheesers and lag/delay... well maybe not lag/delay, but the feeling of my guy being on ice which could be a attribute issue that made defense such a pain (in the past at least, don't know about the present).

Edited by Mafivee, 28 September 2016 - 05:41 AM.

#60 Mafivee

Mafivee

Posted 28 September 2016 - 02:46 PM

3 blocks in a row on Bogut!

http://xboxclips.com...6d-8a83cf96268b

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NBA2K, NBA2K17, Basketball

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users