NBA2K17

NBA2K NBA2K17 Basketball

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#21 NZBuc

NZBuc
  • Xbox Live:NZ Buc

Posted 12 September 2016 - 09:05 PM

Anybody given the prelude a crack yet? Have downloaded it but not had the chance.

Finished it (3-4 hours all up, but a lot was trying to import my scan from the app - should take pics in sunlight!)

Very easy 1000g, and fun too - is the college part of your mycareer

#22 KiwiSharp

KiwiSharp

KiwiSharp

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2989 posts
  • Steam ID:KiwiSharp
  • PSN:KiwiSharp
  • Xbox Live:KiwiSharp

Posted 12 September 2016 - 10:25 PM

Anybody given the prelude a crack yet? Have downloaded it but not had the chance.

Finished it (3-4 hours all up, but a lot was trying to import my scan from the app - should take pics in sunlight!)

Very easy 1000g, and fun too - is the college part of your mycareer

Sweet, might jump onto it tomorrow.

#23 tom_nz

tom_nz
  • Steam ID:tom_nzl
  • PSN:tom_nzl
  • Xbox Live:Tom nz

Posted 13 September 2016 - 08:28 AM

Have played through the prelude 3 times. 3 different positions. SG, SF and PG.

So far enjoyed SF the most. The ability to actually defend, get rebounds, shoot and also dunk. Loved it. Not sure how it will transfer to the park though.

#24 KiwiSharp

KiwiSharp

KiwiSharp

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2989 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 11:54 AM

Yea might go PG first as I enjoy getting the assists. Sometimes struggle with timing when I shoot lol. Hope to get better this time around, but will still probably try to pass it more.

Might also give Centre ago as most people don't seem to keen on it. The two extremes of body type.

#25 NZBuc

NZBuc

Posted 13 September 2016 - 01:12 PM

Yea might go PG first as I enjoy getting the assists. Sometimes struggle with timing when I shoot lol. Hope to get better this time around, but will still probably try to pass it more.

Might also give Centre ago as most people don't seem to keen on it. The two extremes of body type.

I made a C - struggled to get the ball, but have spent some (free) VC improving him a fair bit :)

#26 RKO_NZ

RKO_NZ

www.obsrv.org

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • Steam ID:Fnpwnage
  • PSN:NiueanNemesis
  • Xbox Live:TERMINATOR NZL

Posted 13 September 2016 - 06:43 PM

I'm a behemoth 7'3 Glass Cleaner, never struggled with anything (it helps if you've played center) which I have done all the way from 2K12, you get in the routine of knowing that you're not really going to score, but you're the defensive anchor of the team. Always finished with A+ in prelude, which got me about 350 VC each game and then the bonus from the Team USA game. Story looks really interesting this time around, so glad Spike Lee is nowhere near this project, although I still think the nickname is cheesy, and when they call your character "Prez" I keep thinking of that 40 something year old youtuber Elpresador, as that was his nickname too.

#27 Mafivee

Mafivee

Posted 14 September 2016 - 07:05 AM

Made a playmaker PG as that's what I usually go for because you can control the tempo, plus assists feel so satisfying. But this year I feel like a change of scenery. I made another player as a 6'11 post scoring C and really enjoying it. Rebounds have always been easy in previous years even as a PG I could average at least 10. While rebounding might not be outstanding in the end I still think I'll pull down a lot of boards, and those beautiful blocks seem just as easy to come by.

I found at C it was easier to get my team mate grade up. Spamming screens for screen assists or roll to the hoop for an easy 2 and possibly get fouled, then to make it better my guy seems to have a good FT rating to convert. Also racking up team mate grades with some post moves is great.

Currently a lottery pick with two more games to go for my C and keen to see if I can get higher. 

#28 RKO_NZ

RKO_NZ

www.obsrv.org

• Members
  • 1376 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 07:10 PM

Games always been generous with the bonus it gives to centers when it comes to team mate grades, and I think that's to compensate for not scoring, told my usual park crew to go as their usual positions but most have opted to go a bit smaller this year because of the speed boosts, I will be interesting to see how C's go in park though, now that the stamina systems been altered it could be even more of a hassle with ball handling issues with me being a andre the giant like player

#29 KiwiSharp

KiwiSharp

KiwiSharp

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2989 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 10:59 AM

Out tomorrow! Have the day off so will be playing but unfortunately work the evening. Be interesting to see who we all get drafted to.

#30 tom_nz

tom_nz

Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:24 PM

Check out this amazing website. Lets you see what your max stats will be with different choices for your My player.

http://nba2kmyplayer.com/

#31 RKO_NZ

RKO_NZ

www.obsrv.org

• Members
  • 1376 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 07:29 PM

Hope the game unlocks at 12AM tonight for us so I can jam a good 5 or 6 hours before I sleep for my 12hr weekend night shifts, but I remember seeing the store say 4PM so I think that's tomorrow =( heres hoping though, also picked up my copy of NHL today as well, though that game wasn't out till 29th guess I was wrong and its going to be an expensive paperweight/dust catcher if 2K is out tonight.

#32 NZBuc

NZBuc

Posted 15 September 2016 - 09:39 PM

Hope it unlocks for you, picking mine up tomorrow morning, and will start installing before going to work

#33 ChieftaiNZ

ChieftaiNZ

I kill alyens and don't afrayd of anythink

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1795 posts
  • Xbox Live:ChieftaiNZ

Posted 15 September 2016 - 09:49 PM

Had no idea what anything meant or what I was doing.

But Hugh Mungus career started. Was a pretty entertaining 3-4 hours and a very easy 1000g/

#34 RKO_NZ

RKO_NZ

www.obsrv.org

• Members
  • 1376 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 10:31 PM

So what editions did everyone get? curious as to who will got what as I just found out that the legend gold editions come with a MJ MT Card (not sure if its a permanent card like Free Agent kobe or a rental card like the Fifa Ult team cards which give you 5 games to use it etc, also will be nice to see who gets what out of their extra MT packs as well, Like I said on their facebook page, knowing my luck ill pull like a Free Agent Kwame Brown.

#35 NZBuc

NZBuc

Posted 15 September 2016 - 10:39 PM

Lol, #1 draft pick kwame brown!

I have regular edition

#36 KiwiSharp

KiwiSharp

KiwiSharp

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2989 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 10:55 PM

Yea I just got the regular edition as well.

#37 NZBuc

NZBuc

Posted 16 September 2016 - 06:49 AM

I see some achievements popping, so it must have unlocked for you digital purchases!

#38 tom_nz

tom_nz

Posted 16 September 2016 - 10:44 AM

I just got the regular version. I don't really care about MyTeam and VC is much cheaper to just buy it on the NZ store.

#39 NZBuc

NZBuc

Posted 16 September 2016 - 12:33 PM

Make sure to get the mynba2k17 app send great free bc each day

#40 RKO_NZ

RKO_NZ

www.obsrv.org

• Members
  • 1376 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 07:51 PM

Best card I got from my 5 MT packs was a Marc Gasol, not the greatest but will be helpful, also for anyone who hasn't divined into that mode yet, the booster pack you choose at the start, whoever's on the cover they give you that players as a rental item for a few games, I picked the LBJ pack and got him as a rental card for 5 games, and is it just me or is the new menu messing with my head? It feels like they've tried to cram too much info into one screen, especially for MT, oh and I must be a slouch goofball and have sh*t reaction times because I always fail the hand/eye drills in career mode gym

EDIT: I guess everyone's going back Flyers? Just letting you guys know that I had a friend who joined them last night, said the park was dead. Yes it is release day and everyones getting into career, but its the same reason I never stayed flyer, not enough players on, Sunset was full to the brim at 2AM last night full of people, never struggled to get a game, plus the transitions into games feels so smooth its a nice improvement from last year.

Edited by RKO_NZ, 16 September 2016 - 07:55 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NBA2K, NBA2K17, Basketball

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users