www.obsrv.org

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1386 posts
  • Steam ID:Fnpwnage
  • PSN:NiueanNemesis
  • Xbox Live:TERMINATOR NZL

Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:57 AM

Thought its high time to make this topic now, since they released something called "The Prelude" which is going to be a free download on September 9th that allows people to start their 2K Career early, create their MyPlayer, play through college and increase draft stock and make decisions which will carry over into the full release of NBA2k17

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=QcAZduTwQbo

This to me is actually a really great selling point and is a great way to bring new blood into the series.

Edited by RKO_NZ, 27 August 2016 - 02:22 AM.

#2 NZBuc

NZBuc
  • Xbox Live:NZ Buc

Posted 27 August 2016 - 08:52 AM

Makes so much sense to do this!

Mobile app the day before, which lets you scan your face (no more Kinect or ps eye needed, and much easier to get natural light. We shall see how it works IRL though....)

#3 PE0PLEKN0WME

PE0PLEKN0WME

When will Faye Lau's leg be fixed?

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 2422 posts
  • Xbox Live:PE0PLE KN0W ME

Posted 27 August 2016 - 05:17 PM

My next purchase for sure.

#4 RKO_NZ

RKO_NZ

www.obsrv.org

• Members
  • 1386 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 01:02 AM

Is everyone sticking to their original player builds? or branching out and changing for 17? And is everyone staying in the same park?

(I gotta stick with the Baller's again, just always seems to have more busier lobby than Flyers, don't know why, and also hoping that the community will get ballers a championship this year, or maybe it'll be a Rivet three-peat.)

#5 NZBuc

NZBuc

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:46 AM

I'll be an athletic big again - keen to join any park - whatever has most people from here

#6 PE0PLEKN0WME

PE0PLEKN0WME

When will Faye Lau's leg be fixed?

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 2422 posts
  • Xbox Live:PE0PLE KN0W ME

Posted 29 August 2016 - 08:07 AM

Is everyone sticking to their original player builds? or branching out and changing for 17? And is everyone staying in the same park?
(I gotta stick with the Baller's again, just always seems to have more busier lobby than Flyers, don't know why, and also hoping that the community will get ballers a championship this year, or maybe it'll be a Rivet three-peat.)

Flyers won first year then Rivet last year

#7 tom_nz

tom_nz
  • Steam ID:tom_nzl
  • PSN:tom_nzl
  • Xbox Live:Tom nz

Posted 29 August 2016 - 10:37 AM

Keen as! My tall SG was a bit sh*t in 16. I was trying to cover too many bases. I like being a quick guard though so might go PG this time. Or maybe try and create a 'melo clone. I dunno!

Edited by tom_nz, 29 August 2016 - 11:11 AM.

#8 KiwiSharp

KiwiSharp

KiwiSharp

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2989 posts
  • Steam ID:KiwiSharp
  • PSN:KiwiSharp
  • Xbox Live:KiwiSharp

Posted 02 September 2016 - 11:47 AM

Had lots of fun with the last one despite jumping on it late. Will be getting onto this one on release. Will be joining whatever park you all join! Not sure what position yet, went PG last time. Might see if there is a spot people need me to fill or something?

#9 RKO_NZ

RKO_NZ

www.obsrv.org

• Members
  • 1386 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:24 PM

Who's pre-ordered digitally? and who's got physical? forgot to mention this but I had a bit of a growl at the EB games guys, I had pre-ordered a Kobe legendary edition, to be told they only put me down for a standard, so told them to cancel what I had put on the pre-order and give me an MS store credit and I will get digital this year.

#10 tom_nz

tom_nz

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:05 AM

Who's pre-ordered digitally? and who's got physical? forgot to mention this but I had a bit of a growl at the EB games guys, I had pre-ordered a Kobe legendary edition, to be told they only put me down for a standard, so told them to cancel what I had put on the pre-order and give me an MS store credit and I will get digital this year.

That's super bs. Not sure what version I'll get yet. I have a voucher for jb hifi but the only version they have is standard. Hmmmmm.

#11 KiwiSharp

KiwiSharp

KiwiSharp

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2989 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 11:46 AM

That's super bs. Not sure what version I'll get yet. I have a voucher for jb hifi but the only version they have is standard. Hmmmmm.

Yea I'm thinking Jb hifi as well, but at the same time I do enjoy the ease of access digital provides. Sucks about your preorder RKO, at least you can grab the same product via the digital route or was there some added extra you missed out on?

#12 NZBuc

NZBuc

Posted 08 September 2016 - 01:46 PM

I always go physical, to trade in around the time Madden comes out the following year

Would have got legendary, except PG13 is my current favourite player

#13 mvon007

mvon007

Ex Forza Whore

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4363 posts
  • Steam ID:mvon007
  • PSN:mvon007
  • Xbox Live:mvon007

Posted 08 September 2016 - 02:28 PM

I thought PG13 was a rating....

#14 tom_nz

tom_nz

Posted 08 September 2016 - 02:38 PM

I always go physical, to trade in around the time Madden comes out the following year

Would have got legendary, except PG13 is my current favourite player

Yea with games like this and Fifa it's much smarter to go physical, unless you're game sharing of course.

JB has it for $92 at the moment which is bloody good. Did a long ass survey yesterday which I'm waiting for the voucher for. Got me a $20 jb voucher plus another one I already had so that will make this extremely cheap. JB Hifi is an awesome shop but I find I do most of my electronics shopping online and places like Pb Tech etc are always cheaper so probably won't have another chance to use the vouchers for a while.

#15 RKO_NZ

RKO_NZ

www.obsrv.org

• Members
  • 1386 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 07:09 PM

PG13 is the next HOF Paul George if he stays healthy.hmmm this computer sucks I can't seem to quote posts

@Kiwisharp If I had got physical legend edition, I would of got a poster, controller skin and an physical kobe Panini trading card, along with the extra VC, and an in-game Kobe MyTeam Card + 3 additional packs. I really wanted the MyTeam stuff which you don't get with standard copies. So ill just go digital, but will start my download for the game tonight to get ready for next week

I usually get physical as well for the same reasons of trading it, I actually traded in my 2K16 at the start of the year, because when I installed the game to my hard drive, it allowed me to play without the disc. its done that for both 2K15 and 16, dunno why but I ain't complaining. Looking forward to the prelude, hoping it pops up on our stores tonight, but highly likely it will be the USA's 9th, which sucks, Friday and Sat are my 12 hour shifts, never feel like gaming when I get home after long shifts.

#16 NZBuc

NZBuc

Posted 09 September 2016 - 08:21 AM

Mynba app now on app stores - get face scan and VC free

Setting console region to NZ will let you dl the prelude now too (I think - saw ps4 is released on NZ store, so assuming Xbox is the same) -UPDATE- doesn't seem to be in Xbox store yet

Edited by NZBuc, 09 September 2016 - 08:41 AM.

#17 Mafivee

Mafivee

Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:24 AM

Definitely looking forward to this as I skipped last year. 

#18 NZBuc

NZBuc

Posted 09 September 2016 - 06:49 PM

Prelude now available (free!)

#19 RKO_NZ

RKO_NZ

www.obsrv.org

• Members
  • 1386 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 12:00 AM

At Work, finishing early cause I feel like sh*t really want to play prelude but think I'll be hitting the hay, the beautiful court can wait one more day for my sexy beard.

#20 KiwiSharp

KiwiSharp

KiwiSharp

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2989 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 06:52 PM

Anybody given the prelude a crack yet? Have downloaded it but not had the chance.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NBA2K, NBA2K17, Basketball

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users