• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 atipuss

atipuss
  • Steam ID:atimewmew
  • PSN:atipuss
  • Xbox Live:atipuss

Posted 28 November 2016 - 03:00 PM

Load up game. Game crashes. Remove disc. Insert in microwave. 2min on high. Remove ruined disc. Eat.

You wouldn't need to add any salt now would ya lol
tears are pretty salty :P

#42 Dvst8u

Dvst8u

Dvst8u

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 3481 posts
  • PSN:Dvst8u

Posted 28 November 2016 - 04:55 PM

went to eb in the weekend , there was like 20 pre owned copys , but for $47 each seems abit pricey still. hopefully this will make the people who full priced it , hurt just that little less

#43 x_potatoe_x

x_potatoe_x
  • NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 1208 posts
  • PSN:x_potatoe_x
  • Xbox Live:metalbeater

Posted 28 November 2016 - 06:28 PM

Time to play again I never hated the general before so now it just makes a good game great if it's as good as it looks. Now we can amass a wealth of credits and elements before exploration.

#44 x_potatoe_x

x_potatoe_x
  • NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 1208 posts
  • PSN:x_potatoe_x
  • Xbox Live:metalbeater

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:01 PM

Nah my bad the updates sh*t. You can't build anywhere you have to find a habitable settlement then you have to build something a building station I still aren't sure what then you need to fly all the way to a station and warp back to make that work then warp back to station(long load times) then hire someone to build for you but first you need to build that station thingy that it doesn't tell or show you how none of this sh*t is. Bahh might try again another day but think it's made the game worse as its a hoop jumping exercise without the ringmaster to tell you which hoops to jump through.

#45 AdamC

AdamC
  • Steam ID:LygerReach
  • PSN:JadamCrt

Posted 28 November 2016 - 10:28 PM

ahh that does not sound good... I was busy playing xenoblade tonight so didnt get to try it... maybe another night.

#46 Dvst8u

Dvst8u

Dvst8u

• Members
  • 3481 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:44 AM

Nah my bad the updates sh*t. You can't build anywhere you have to find a habitable settlement then you have to build something a building station I still aren't sure what then you need to fly all the way to a station and warp back to make that work then warp back to station(long load times) then hire someone to build for you but first you need to build that station thingy that it doesn't tell or show you how none of this sh*t is. Bahh might try again another day but think it's made the game worse as its a hoop jumping exercise without the ringmaster to tell you which hoops to jump through.

doesnt sound very good at all , is it a case of too little too soon?

#47 czk51

czk51
  • PSN:cheradenineZ

Posted 29 November 2016 - 07:11 AM

Yeah I agree. Found some real pain points in the base building as well. 

I spent the night mainly working on my base and it felt good to have a reason to be playing again. Though in doing so, you are asked to recruit different races to work in your base, and given that they are not all in the one system, it means you have to venture out into the galaxy and find one. Given you cannot tag your current solar system as a way point to return to, you still need warp cells to get around, and you don't know what races inhabit what system, I found this to be a real pain and the grind crept right back in. 

It got so bad I just though **** it and carried on towards the center. The good news is that once I'd found another abandoned base and started over, everything automatically transferred over including my recruits.

One of the pieces I'm building for the base is the terminal that marks it as destination to warp to on-foot. 

Base building itself (like on the planet, adding parts) is fun and intuitive and I'm looking forward to finishing it after the FFXV honeymoon period is done. 

Oh and tapping the down button when flying is a total god-send. So much easier repairing your ship mid battle as it opens a mini menu along with resources required. 

Speaking of battles I got sucked into a few rescue missions I couldn't warp out of even though I was like 3 minutes flight time away (which is a really long time to feel obligated to help and trek to an location you're not even sure is correct - the ! waypoint marker kept pointing behind me.. very frustrating.. and by the end I had like 3 frikken factions after me since I didn't know who were the baddies or the goodies. I think this has been an issue since day 1 but not the frequency and forced nature of engaging even when I'm so far away. 

Edited by czk51, 29 November 2016 - 07:12 AM.

#48 Trevlac

Trevlac

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:07 AM

That doesn't sound too bad if the base and resources move with you.

#49 czk51

czk51

Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:07 AM

we might see buggies in a future update

#50 oconnomiyaki

oconnomiyaki

Iconoclast

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 3759 posts
  • PSN:Donutta
  • Xbox Live:oconnomiyaki

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:30 PM

So I went back to this after a break and the patch and I am having a blast again. Played for like four hours and it felt like 30 minutes. Really like that there are freighters now (although I can't afford one) and that there are proper space battles (even if they aren't as dramatic in the trailer). Haven't built a base yet either.

But what this game always did right and what I still love about it is the sense of discovery. I was on this barren moon before looking for minerals and I just came back over a hill to see my ship in the middle of a vast expanse that was bordered by strange, twisting geological features. Up in the sky the planet was imposingly close and all that could be heard was the hurried whispers of the cosmic wind. It was haunting and alien, and just a really magical moment and exactly what I wanted out of the game.

I'll probably keep plodding away at it. Definitely feel like I got my money's worth.

#51 Koopa18

Koopa18
  • PSN:galaxiid
  • Wii:galaxiid (nintendo network id)
  • Xbox Live:gravitygrace

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:08 PM

I was still enjoying this game and made a conscious effort to stop playing because I knew theyd update it at some stage....

But now im torn - do I start again now, or wait for the other future updates they say are planned?

#52 oconnomiyaki

oconnomiyaki

Iconoclast

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 3759 posts
  • PSN:Donutta
  • Xbox Live:oconnomiyaki

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:50 PM

I'm continuing with my last game but will switch to the causal (creative?) mode when it's all out. Because then you don't need to worry about resources and sh*t.

#53 czk51

czk51

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:03 AM

http://no-mans-sky.c...hfinder-update/

this looks so good. 

#54 Dvst8u

Dvst8u

Dvst8u

• Members
  • 3481 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:20 AM

looks awesome. cant wait for this game to turn up so i can finally see what all the fuss is about....either good or bad

#55 czk51

czk51

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:22 PM

Biiiiiiiiiiig update incoming. This was 'leaked' today, apparently by Hello Games themselves. 

If true, very exciting. (credit to whatsupmyninja for posting). Hopefully this update will drop today or tomorrow. 

The following is a list of features retrieved from the CSS and HTML of the patch notes page before it went offline. Note that no descriptions or definitions for any of the following terms have been provided.:

Updated Combat
New Exploration Mechanics
Interstellar Trading
New Ships
New Story
New Worlds
Portals
New/Updated Terrain
Updated UI
New/Updated "Visor"
Visual Improvements
"No Tint"
Update to Freighters
Joint Exploration
Missions
Mission Board (?)
"Galactic Regeneration"
Terrain Editing

#56 whatsupmyninja

whatsupmyninja
  • PSN:SizeNZ

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:19 PM

Keen to check it out! Like you said though, unless it's game-changing, I don't know how much play time it'll get - the time is ticking closer to the time-monopoliser Destiny 2.

#57 cortez72

cortez72
  • PSN:cortez72

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:49 PM

Biiiiiiiiiiig update incoming. This was 'leaked' today, apparently by Hello Games themselves. 

If true, very exciting. (credit to whatsupmyninja for posting). Hopefully this update will drop today or tomorrow. 

The following is a list of features retrieved from the CSS and HTML of the patch notes page before it went offline. Note that no descriptions or definitions for any of the following terms have been provided.:

Updated Combat
New Exploration Mechanics
Interstellar Trading
New Ships
New Story
New Worlds
Portals
New/Updated Terrain
Updated UI
New/Updated "Visor"
Visual Improvements
"No Tint"
Update to Freighters
Joint Exploration
Missions
Mission Board (?)
"Galactic Regeneration"
Terrain Editing
MMO Loot drops with randomly generated gear which all looks different thanks to amazing maths
Dragons
Instantly teleport to friends bases
Xenomorph break out on planets, join soldiers in exterminating them
​Fluctuating galatic currency, sell items at peak for best prices 

If it's been leaked by Hello Games, then it's lies. All lies.

I added some things to the bottom to make it seem like more traditional Hello Games propaganda.

#58 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

What happened? How did I get here?

• Members
  • 10794 posts
  • PSN:drunk_monk_13
  • Xbox Live:drunkmonk37

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:19 PM

I've been meaning to get back into NMS since they have done some major updates but I know I'd lose took much time.

#59 czk51

czk51

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:39 AM

1.3 trailer. Shows the first iteration of multiplayer, still in development. Update is live and players have met up:

https://youtu.be/5328iuzHw-w

#60 czk51

czk51

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:41 AM

1.3 trailer. Shows the first iteration of multiplayer, still in development. Update is live and players have met up:

https://youtu.be/5328iuzHw-w

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users