#141 emetic

emetic

felis fortuna adiuvat

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 5356 posts
  • Steam ID:highwaygothic

Posted 06 May 2017 - 03:09 AM

Hmm I was just watching this A/B comparison of GT Sport and RaceRoom.

GT's sound is garbage. I might have to look into this other one. Free to play and with great audio? It's like it's made for me.

Edited by emetic, 06 May 2017 - 03:09 AM.

#142 MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan
  • Steam ID:Monkeyman_707
  • PSN:Monkeyman_707
  • Xbox Live:MonkeyManRacing

Posted 06 May 2017 - 09:13 AM

Yeah I have been watching a few GT videos and I agree that the sound is indeed terrible. Race room is PC though right?

The one real advantage I see GT Sport having is a massive community. Like even if the game is terrible there will be enough people buying that there will always be lobbies to join (and likely at a similar ranking to you) and there will probably always be lots of top players pushing the limits of the leader boards for that fia race license or whatever.

I just really want to get my hands on the beta now, try it out for myself rather than just drawing conclusions from videos

#143 brettz0r

brettz0r

Gamer / Event Host

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2358 posts
  • PSN:BrettzOr

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:57 PM

I just got my beta invite!!!

#144 MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan

Posted 31 May 2017 - 07:43 PM

I also got the invite email. WOOHOO.  :thumbsup:

I'll give my feedback in a couple weeks once the 17gb download has finished  :mellow:

#145 brettz0r

brettz0r

Gamer / Event Host

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2358 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:04 PM

It could be a rookie mistake by me but I don't see any way of playing this game until the daily races start, June 3.

If anyone knows how to play offline then please let me know. The menu etc look amazing

#146 emetic

emetic

felis fortuna adiuvat

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 5356 posts
  • Steam ID:highwaygothic

Posted 31 May 2017 - 10:56 PM

Yeah I have been watching a few GT videos and I agree that the sound is indeed terrible. Race room is PC though right?
The one real advantage I see GT Sport having is a massive community. Like even if the game is terrible there will be enough people buying that there will always be lobbies to join (and likely at a similar ranking to you) and there will probably always be lots of top players pushing the limits of the leader boards for that fia race license or whatever.

I just really want to get my hands on the beta now, try it out for myself rather than just drawing conclusions from videos

Yeh race room is pc, so double win.

#147 MadCant

MadCant

Cyber love the anti-man, we make love because we can.

• NZGamer.com VIP Silver VIP

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • PSN:MadCant
  • Xbox Live:THEMADCLINT

Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:25 PM

I still don't have one - sooo much disappoint.

#148 scotteffone

scotteffone
  • Steam ID:scotteffone
  • PSN:scotteffone
  • Wii:scotteffone

Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:45 PM

I still don't have one - sooo much disappoint.

Yours got lost too?

#149 brettz0r

brettz0r

Gamer / Event Host

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2358 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:50 PM

We have another offical release date!

17/10/2017

Hype has been lost again.
Played the beta and a demo and the game just doesn't feel right. Looks damned pretty on a 4k HDR tv though!

Buying / playing and getting the platinum regardless though :D

#150 scotteffone

scotteffone

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:35 PM

I still don't get if this I a filler game between the next full GT release or not!

#151 brettz0r

brettz0r

Gamer / Event Host

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2358 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:01 PM

Most people seem to think that this is a filler but an article on gt planet said that Sport is basically gt7.
And depending on the success, the next game is likely to be GT Sport: 2

There is a big offline mode also. It seemed like it was more training and special challenges though not confirmed yet. The main focus of the game is Sport mode obviously, which is the 'ranked' online play

#152 scotteffone

scotteffone

Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:57 PM

You reckon It's worth getting? I have PC 2 pre ordered and you better be around for that...

#153 brettz0r

brettz0r

Gamer / Event Host

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2358 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:20 PM

Next Friday.
I am all over it. Well maybe not of Friday as it's my wife's birthday.

Cars 2 all day tues / weds if I can

#154 SkylineObsession

SkylineObsession

Expert daydreamer

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Steam ID:mustang-man
  • PSN:SkylineObsession
  • Xbox Live:Mangosaurus

Posted 16 September 2017 - 08:34 AM

I'm still getting it. Have it pre-ordered, which is saying something as i pretty much never pay full price for games anymore. I wait till they get around or below $30 until i buy them. 

Cancelled my Forza 7 pre-order a couple weeks back cos it looks like a prettier Forza 6 (will still get it, just not at full price), and plan on getting Project Cars 2 when it gets to a decent price ($50 or less maybe), unless i somehow win it from somewhere first.

Not sold on it entirely yet, as have only played the first one a couple times (got it for free on Xbox) and it was hard to play with a controller, as is well mentioned.

#155 brettz0r

brettz0r

Gamer / Event Host

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2358 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:25 PM

^^but you're a little bit obsessed with the GT series, so you have to get it on release :P

It's unlikely that we will have copies of CARS 2 to give away but extremely likely that we will have copies of GT Sport to give away.

There has been many people saying that cars 2 has better controller gameplay than 1. In saying that, sidawg could still beat anyone and everyone's while using the standard controller setup on cars.

The with the Sport beta that annoyed me the most is that it is set up for new players with the assists defaulted to ON (including steering Andy braking assists), which makes no sense to me when the game is marketed as 'the real driving simulator' etc, which to me: makes it feel like a game that caters to the masses and not the enthusiasts.

Where cars is made to cater for people wanting a driving simulator and not a 'game' as such

#156 LCachero_PHI_NZL

LCachero_PHI_NZL
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:29 PM

Hi everyone,

Please excuse my hiatus. Been out of the Gran Turismo loop post-GT Academy Race Camp but keen to get caught up with everything (and everyone), especially with GT Sport just around the corner.

I recently had a meeting with a local e-sports start-up and they've kindly asked for some feedback from the Sim-Racing/Gaming and Automotive communities re: what we'd like to see from e-sports in the country. Just putting two and two together shows that there is actually a big gap in the New Zealand market for this type of thing and we have a real opportunity to shape where this will take the NZ gaming scene.

At this stage it's just throwing ideas out in the open so don't throttle back on anything you may come up with. I'm meeting with them again later next week to catch up so it would be good to get a first round of ideation in the bag before then.

Mods, please advise if this was alright to be posted here or if it's deserving of it's own thread.

Regards,

Louie

#157 MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:42 AM

Hi everyone,

Please excuse my hiatus. Been out of the Gran Turismo loop post-GT Academy Race Camp but keen to get caught up with everything (and everyone), especially with GT Sport just around the corner.

I recently had a meeting with a local e-sports start-up and they've kindly asked for some feedback from the Sim-Racing/Gaming and Automotive communities re: what we'd like to see from e-sports in the country. Just putting two and two together shows that there is actually a big gap in the New Zealand market for this type of thing and we have a real opportunity to shape where this will take the NZ gaming scene.

At this stage it's just throwing ideas out in the open so don't throttle back on anything you may come up with. I'm meeting with them again later next week to catch up so it would be good to get a first round of ideation in the bag before then.

Mods, please advise if this was alright to be posted here or if it's deserving of it's own thread.

Regards,

Louie

I would say it could do with it's own thread, it's pretty chilled round here so no one will be getting mad at you either way.

Also heeeeyyy Louie didn't expect to find you on here. How's it going?

I'm keen to know who your in talks with, setting up motorsport esports is something I've been wanting to have happen for a while so I do have a few thoughts. Are they specifically looking at GT Sport to get things going locally?

- First it needs to be open/engaging for everyone, like the leaderboard stage of gt academy I guess, to grow a wide audience. But better still if it's actually live racing rather than leaderboards.

- You need good communication from the organisers throughout the tournament. Nothing worse than being involved but not knowing what's going on and feeling like the organisers don't care. I say this coming from esports WRC where the organisers have given zero information about the finals format and all us top players are getting pissed.

- Are you looking at an one one day tournament or an ongoing league over a number of weeks? Both options have positive and negatives to consider

I'd be keen to get compete or help out if you need it (maybe with commentary depending how serious this all is) so keep us updated  :thumbsup:

#158 brettz0r

brettz0r

Gamer / Event Host

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2358 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:20 PM

https://blog.us.play...u-need-to-know/

Some info on gt Sport to clarify some things.
My big take away is that there is no campaign mode. Just driving training / challenges.

That shows the game does have a huge focus on the online Sport mode. I do like the idea of this and would have really gone hard on this before the kids came along.
I don't have enough time / energy to throw days at a time at this anymore :(

I think I will enjoy weekly race nights more than the rest. Will see how we go at the time...

#159 LCachero_PHI_NZL

LCachero_PHI_NZL
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:06 PM

Hi everyone,

Regards,

Louie

I would say it could do with it's own thread, it's pretty chilled round here so no one will be getting mad at you either way.

Also heeeeyyy Louie didn't expect to find you on here. How's it going?

I'm keen to know who your in talks with, setting up motorsport esports is something I've been wanting to have happen for a while so I do have a few thoughts. Are they specifically looking at GT Sport to get things going locally?

- First it needs to be open/engaging for everyone, like the leaderboard stage of gt academy I guess, to grow a wide audience. But better still if it's actually live racing rather than leaderboards.

- You need good communication from the organisers throughout the tournament. Nothing worse than being involved but not knowing what's going on and feeling like the organisers don't care. I say this coming from esports WRC where the organisers have given zero information about the finals format and all us top players are getting pissed.

- Are you looking at an one one day tournament or an ongoing league over a number of weeks? Both options have positive and negatives to consider

I'd be keen to get compete or help out if you need it (maybe with commentary depending how serious this all is) so keep us updated  :thumbsup:

Hey Matt is that you? I'm good, just "chilling" at university at the moment.

It's all a bit hush-hush at this stage but they are working on having a presence in the space of most gaming genres. Any and all options at this stage since there's such a big gap in the market and are very open to listening to the feedback of the community from both the virtual and real sides of the fence (they are trying to sell the games and products of their partners and sponsors after all).

Multiple live events are definitely on the table for consideration which is why they're keen to get our opinions from past experiences. As for ideas, go as wild as you want to go because during the early days it's really easy to get potential sponsors/supporters excited. An idea I had was a gaming lounge/hub located in Auckland's main centres to begin with (so one in the CBD for example), people pay an annual membership and/or hourly fee to hang out with the community in person during breaks/after school/work while having a jam on the latest games as a casual social thing (multiple uses for a space like this if it gets put together of course).

I'm meeting again with them with potentially more people from industry this coming Friday so there's still a few days to share thoughts, etc. I'll let them know that 'involvement' with the organising of the events is something that the you're interested in. Early days but very exciting for sure!

#160 MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan

Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:05 PM

Yeah I'm Matt, probably should have mentioned that 

Wow if we're thinking as far as a gaming lounge/hub then it would be super sick to have arcade machines, casual setups, simulator wheel setups maybe even a motion simulator. A bunch of systems set up to race against mates is obviously needed there. 

But actually looking at an esports competition probably needs to be online to get everyone involved as ultimately those sponsors etc only come on board when there's a wide audience. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users