Expert daydreamer

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Steam ID:mustang-man
  • PSN:SkylineObsession
  • Xbox Live:Mangosaurus

Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:34 PM

I can easily say that this is the best sounding GT has ever been, so they are on the right path for once.

#282 MadCant

MadCant

Cyber love the anti-man, we make love because we can.

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • PSN:MadCant
  • Xbox Live:THEMADCLINT

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:46 PM

Critical response.
Slightly dissapointed with the update so far.
New track layout and new cars for free is awesome, more of that is always welcome.

The way they have done the little leagues isn’t what most would have been expecting? It’s added a few mini series of events but they don’t link together as a series, it’s individual races that don’t link together and don’t give you a reward car / bonus for winning the series.

I had expected it to be more like traditional GT where it was a mini series and you got something a bit more from it. It feels like more of the same from arcade mode but with a nicer layout

Totally agree on all points.

I'm happy with it, for nostalgia's sake at the very least. :)

They may keep adding more events as time goes on? I hope.

That was my initial thoughts also.  There's quite a bit more space in the menus for them to add more categories (particularly the higher level events) so I'm guessing they're saving room for when they add additional cars, tracks, etc.

Yeah I tried out a few assorted races yesterday and also felt a little underwhelmed, however I don't think they'd ever add a full career mode ala GT1 as they'd be saving it for a future GT title. Good effort for free! I'll just use it for my daily miles and experience points.

I don't think they will be thinking about future gt's at this point. I imagine part of the reluctance for an offline mode is it takes players away from sport mode which the game is all about. Sport mode falls apart if there aren't enough concurrent players to allow similarly skilled players to be matched together

Yeah, this is where my mind is.  It'd be great if we're wrong, but it looks (at least to me) like GT Sport is going to be it for quite a while.

#283 MadCant

MadCant

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:11 PM

I can easily say that this is the best sounding GT has ever been, so they are on the right path for once.

Absolutely.  Unfortunately it still sounds fake - the ear can just tell straight away, it lacks all of the random qualities of real life.

In general I like the sounds of the race cars in GT Sport.  It's the little nuances: the number of cylinders (despite that vector graphic loading screen - lol), the straight cut gears, the exhaust crackle - it's almost sublime.

I reckon one of the worst sounds is that of the tyres protesting & wish this could be far more dynamic based upon the situation.  With no other feedback to convey such a vital message, this is the single most critical set of sounds I use - this would obviously be different if I had a decent FFB wheel setup, alas I'm a poor old dad with nothing more than a good old-fashioned dualshock.

#284 SkylineObsession

SkylineObsession

Expert daydreamer

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Steam ID:mustang-man
  • PSN:SkylineObsession
  • Xbox Live:Mangosaurus

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:03 PM

There are some cars that do sound real, like the R32 GT-R, Ferrari F40 and a number of race cars. They still aren't quite 'loud' enough (even though you can adjust the volume of the gearbox, opponent cars, your car etc) but it's the first Gran Turismo since maybe GT2 or GT3 where most/all of the cars sound different to each other, especially when racing them/watching replays.

Immersion wise, i have no complaints. The last couple of GT games i actually completely avoided some of my favourite cars because the sound was just so insanely bad/wrong (like the Skylines, RUF's, muscle cars etc).

I'm on another forum where an American GT Academy winner regularly posts (Bryan Heitkotter) and he said: "Some of the GT3 race cars are spot on perfect (Audi R8, Ferrari 458, McLaren 650S come to mind). The GT3 GT-R is not the right sound - I have a feeling a street car with an aftermarket exhaust was sampled instead. The race car has individual side exhausts and sounds much different."

He's actually raced that GT-R, and against those other cars so you don't get much better confirmation than that.  :thumbsup: 

Another race car sound you may have missed is when going over bumps you can hear the car/rollcage/car parts rattling. Have a listen when on a bumpy corner next (in car view only i'd say). Never heard that in any other game i don't think?

And i thought the tyre sounds were okay, they increase in pitch/frequency(?) when you're pushing too hard and it's starting to understeer, at least in some of the cars i've driven.

#285 MadCant

MadCant

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:41 AM

If you guys are going to be free on the evening of the 7th Feb, sign up here & set aside a few hours for some fun racing & a couple of sweet prizes.

#286 MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan
  • Steam ID:Monkeyman_707
  • PSN:Monkeyman_707
  • Xbox Live:MonkeyManRacing

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:37 PM

Turning all assists on actually wasn't as ridiculous as I expected. Super frustrating though as I just want to go fast!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users