#661 siamese

siamese

siamesedreams

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 1687 posts
  • PSN:siamesedreams

Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:17 PM

Had an afternoon jam today (home sick) and unlocked the new carbine for the scout.  Its ok,  Hate the animation after the shot though - it pulls away to the bottom right and screws with your perception in lining up the next shot.

Started the 50 kills needed with the Gewher 98 Marksman - shouldn't take long to get that one unlocked.

Took some footage - if I find time later I'll post some, but I think you'll all be playing the new maps tonight (unless you jumped ship to Destiny for the time being)

#662 atipuss

atipuss
  • Steam ID:atimewmew
  • PSN:atipuss
  • Xbox Live:atipuss

Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:57 PM

Sick on your birthday? 🤔 happy belated birthday anyway siamese! Yeah cant wait to play on new maps!

#663 siamese

siamese

siamesedreams

• Members
  • 1687 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:26 AM

Yeah,  started getting a sore throat last friday, wouldnt go away, got worse so thought screw going to work on my birthday - took it off then went to the docs and got some antibiotics yesterday.  Back at work today.

As for the 50 kills with the Gewher 98, got them then realised the second thing needed is 15 kills with the tripwire bomb.  I never use that so this might be a challenge.

Also just after the score hit 820 I started trying to get 3 headshots with the SMLE infantry, got those and I think I need 2 or 3 more kills with the Mars Automatic handgun - those are easy cos you one shot with a rifle then most of the time its 1 shot with the pistol (2 at the most) to kill.

Heres some footage from last night and from the one map I played on community night before the server outage:

Edited by siamese, 07 September 2017 - 08:31 AM.

#664 birdman

birdman

[NZGR]

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4117 posts
  • PSN:quackdog

Posted 07 September 2017 - 12:23 PM

Yeah,  started getting a sore throat last friday, wouldnt go away, got worse so thought screw going to work on my birthday - took it off then went to the docs and got some antibiotics yesterday.  Back at work today.

As for the 50 kills with the Gewher 98, got them then realised the second thing needed is 15 kills with the tripwire bomb.  I never use that so this might be a challenge.

Also just after the score hit 820 I started trying to get 3 headshots with the SMLE infantry, got those and I think I need 2 or 3 more kills with the Mars Automatic handgun - those are easy cos you one shot with a rifle then most of the time its 1 shot with the pistol (2 at the most) to kill.

Heres some footage from last night and from the one map I played on community night before the server outage:

New maps look good for sniping - me likey  :evil:

#665 siamese

siamese

siamesedreams

• Members
  • 1687 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 12:43 PM

Yeah they are definitely good for sniping, not much cover in a couple of them though, and you can get shredded by medic guns and LMG's very quickly and from quite a distance so thats also not cool.

#666 atipuss

atipuss

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:06 PM

That's map on your first video is crazy...open as plain! And you should have been in party on the blizballroom map I ended up go snipering too :D who knows roofs at c can be so fun lol

#667 siamese

siamese

siamesedreams

• Members
  • 1687 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:52 AM

Little sitting ducks up there  :karate:

Got some footage of our games last night.  This is the new carbine.  20 - 50m or so sweet spot.  I've got used to the animation after shooting now, was super weird jumping from the SMLE carbine to this at first.  Gonna be a really good rifle for PTFO as Outlaw pointed out.

So yeah some new carbine footage then a couple of Gewher 98 kills on Albion.

#668 atipuss

atipuss

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:55 AM

Nice shots siamese
Was frustrates at blueberries last night...it's like cmon it's not too hard..... don't always have to rush to action and die repeatedly for no reason! Go around and capture the flag that no one is defending. Don't be a woosy and get in the grey bit! :P And for increased in LMG damages? I wasn't feeling it... / rant out :D

#669 siamese

siamese

siamesedreams

• Members
  • 1687 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:13 AM

Nice shots siamese
Was frustrates at blueberries last night...it's like cmon it's not too hard..... don't always have to rush to action and die repeatedly for no reason! Go around and capture the flag that no one is defending. Don't be a woosy and get in the grey bit! :P And for increased in LMG damages? I wasn't feeling it... / rant out :D

I followed you a few times but you have tunnel vision running for those far off flags!  I got shredded from behind as we ran to them by enemies at the other flags.  Cos we weren't on headsets I couldnt tell you that they got me and I saw them chase after you.  Went to respawn and saw they had got you :(

#670 ost

ost
  • PSN:ostpies

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:43 AM

I did the unlocks for a couple of the medic rifles last night. Quite like the Albion map. The Brusilov one is more like a giant TDM than CQ.

Those two really open maps though, if you're not Scout or Support, you're in for a hard slog.

#671 atipuss

atipuss

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:46 AM

Definitely more fun on mic with you guys :D just gonna remember
To relax and not curse at blueberries everysecond lol
Been trying to unlocking new guns too so probably not helping the situation

#672 siamese

siamese

siamesedreams

• Members
  • 1687 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:56 AM

I tried doing the unlock for one of the scout guns last night on the snowy map with the river running through c and b.  You have to get kills with the M1903 Experimental.  What an absolute piece of crap that thing is!  I got one kill in 10 minutes,  a whole lot of hit markers but only 1 kill!  Its a peashooter in a gunfight.

Not looking forward to trying to get that one.  Swapped out for the carbine cos I got annoyed.

#673 atipuss

atipuss

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:15 AM

Yeah maybe will jump in tdm just to unlock guns tbh... feel bad not ptfo lol

#674 ost

ost

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:29 AM

I tried doing the unlock for one of the scout guns last night on the snowy map with the river running through c and b.  You have to get kills with the M1903 Experimental.  What an absolute piece of crap that thing is!  I got one kill in 10 minutes,  a whole lot of hit markers but only 1 kill!  Its a peashooter in a gunfight.

Not looking forward to trying to get that one.  Swapped out for the carbine cos I got annoyed.

I actually like that gun (well, don't hate it), but it's more of an assault weapon - best on Argonne Forest or something like that. You could maybe use it inside the cathedral on Tsaritsyn?

#675 siamese

siamese

siamesedreams

• Members
  • 1687 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:41 AM

I actually like that gun (well, don't hate it), but it's more of an assault weapon - best on Argonne Forest or something like that. You could maybe use it inside the cathedral on Tsaritsyn?

An assault weapon with a terrible time to kill - 5 hits minimum! 

These posts say it all really:  Is there a way to use M1903 Experimental effectively ...

This guy sums it up pretty good too:

"For the most part, I'm pretty happy with the weapon balance in BF1. That being said, if there's one weapon that needs a buff, it's the M1903 Experimental. I unlocked this thing to see if it could be worthwhile for an aggressive scout playstyle, but I quickly found out that it's a liability. I understand that DICE are trying to balance the classes with distinctive roles and engagement distances, but the M1903 is not viable at any range.

Here are the details on Symthic. It starts out at 23 damage up close, making it a 5-shot kill in CQC (assuming no headshots). The damage drops off to a pitiful 13 at 35 meters, making it an 8-shot kill (!) at that distance and beyond. With the 449 RPM you can spam-fire it, but the TTK is just too low. Against a player of equal skill using an appropriate weapon for the engagement, you will lose over and over and over again. You will literally do better running around with a sidearm than using this as a primary. The M1903 Experimental fires pistol rounds, yet it is outdamaged by all pistols. The only positive thing I can say about the weapon is the reload animation when switching to K Bullets. It's cool as hell.

The M1903 Experimental needs a damage buff, plain and simple. Since this supposed to be basically a carbine for the Scout class, give it the same damage model as the C96 Carbine. 28 maximum, 15 minimum. That would at least make it somewhat viable without being OP."

Will have to do some flanking with it.  The K/D will take a hit for sure!

#676 birdman

birdman

[NZGR]

• Members
  • 4117 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:35 PM

An assault weapon with a terrible time to kill - 5 hits minimum! 

These posts say it all really:  Is there a way to use M1903 Experimental effectively ...

This guy sums it up pretty good too:

"For the most part, I'm pretty happy with the weapon balance in BF1. That being said, if there's one weapon that needs a buff, it's the M1903 Experimental. I unlocked this thing to see if it could be worthwhile for an aggressive scout playstyle, but I quickly found out that it's a liability. I understand that DICE are trying to balance the classes with distinctive roles and engagement distances, but the M1903 is not viable at any range.

Here are the details on Symthic. It starts out at 23 damage up close, making it a 5-shot kill in CQC (assuming no headshots). The damage drops off to a pitiful 13 at 35 meters, making it an 8-shot kill (!) at that distance and beyond. With the 449 RPM you can spam-fire it, but the TTK is just too low. Against a player of equal skill using an appropriate weapon for the engagement, you will lose over and over and over again. You will literally do better running around with a sidearm than using this as a primary. The M1903 Experimental fires pistol rounds, yet it is outdamaged by all pistols. The only positive thing I can say about the weapon is the reload animation when switching to K Bullets. It's cool as hell.

The M1903 Experimental needs a damage buff, plain and simple. Since this supposed to be basically a carbine for the Scout class, give it the same damage model as the C96 Carbine. 28 maximum, 15 minimum. That would at least make it somewhat viable without being OP."

Will have to do some flanking with it.  The K/D will take a hit for sure!

The only time I used it was for one of those infantry medals a couple of months ago and I didn't find it too bad. I agree with ost though it has to be a CQ map. I tore up Prise de Tahure with it, just gotta spam the trigger big time!

It's definitely a unique weapon that's for sure, try it with K bullets and you can see what the mechanism is that they developed (more or less in real time), it's so cool how quickly they can convert it!

#677 Outlaw213

Outlaw213

Ghost of Sparta

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • Steam ID:Outlaw213
  • PSN:Outlaw213

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:12 PM

And for increased in LMG damages? I wasn't feeling it... / rant out :D

The new weapon damage isn't in the retail game yet, it's still being tested on CTE, so weapons should be the same as always.

Like others mentioned, you'll have to spam the trigger and use it in close quarters only. It's only 15 kills I think? I got mine done on Argonne Forest.

#678 siamese

siamese

siamesedreams

• Members
  • 1687 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:52 PM

New damage isn't in yet?  Wow, must just feel like I'm getting shredded by medic guns and LMG's more due to the openness of the maps.  

Yeah Argonne or Tsaritsyn look like my best bets.  The map I was trying last night was way too open, was getting killed after getting 3-4 shots off.

#679 ost

ost

Posted 09 September 2017 - 12:42 PM

If you think the 1903 is hard, try doing the 20 kills with the Autoloading marksman medic rifle.

That thing is a pea shooter with a tiny mag and a scope that gives off your location. 

#680 birdman

birdman

[NZGR]

• Members
  • 4117 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 05:07 PM

Jumped into the Tsar maps for the first time just before. The cathedral one is brutal if your side keeps trying to push B instead of flanking if the enemy has it locked down well! Liked the Albion one I think (open with river etc.) for sniping. Service assignments are fun. 

Had an unbelievable RNG run with battlepacks too, splashed out on three of the 900 scrap version ones and picked up the legendary skins for the Fedorov, the Parabellum MG, and the SMG 08! Now I just have to unlock the bastards lol.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Community, PS+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users