Photo

DiRT Rally

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#121 czk51

czk51
  • PSN:cheradenineZ

Posted 31 May 2017 - 09:31 AM

Anyone picking up Dirt 4 next week? Day 1 purchase for me. 

#122 cortez72

cortez72
  • PSN:cortez72

Posted 31 May 2017 - 09:57 AM

I'm really craving a racing game at the moment, and I know the last Dirt title is considered the very best race game on PS4, but rally driving has never really been my thing. But no Forza on PS4, and GT Sport being rather underwhelming... Maybe I need to get into a rally game.

#123 MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan
  • Steam ID:Monkeyman_707
  • PSN:Monkeyman_707
  • Xbox Live:MonkeyManRacing

Posted 31 May 2017 - 11:01 AM

Yup I preordered it  :D  But rural shipping will probably screw me over and I wont get it for a few days after release  <_<

I'm excited about the stage generation bringing it more in line with real rally in that you can't learn the stages in advance. Time will tell how it works though as in grid they tried a similar thing except the track was made up of specific building blocks so if you learnt the building blocks you would know the corner your approaching only had a few options it could be and knowing those options would give you an advantage. Also on grid the AI seemed to know exactly where the generated track was headed but that wont be so much a problem in rally games.

Based on the VVV videos it's looking really good so I'm excited

#124 brettz0r

brettz0r

Gamer / Event Host

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2301 posts
  • PSN:BrettzOr

Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:07 PM

I was keen on it but I haven't picked up a pre-order yet.
I haven't played enough of Dirt Rally yet. Sadly I don't see me spending too much time on Dirt 4 because of this... and no PS VR

#125 czk51

czk51

Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:11 AM

D4 reviews are very positive overall

A few comments around saying the sim mode isn't quite as sim as Dirt Rally. Will post impressions Friday. I'm going back and playing Dirt 3 on ps3 this week as a build up so as long as it's not as arcadey as that I'll at least be happy for the short term haha. 

#126 Unfathomable-Ruination

Unfathomable-Ruination

Trophy Hunter Extraordinaire

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 1029 posts
  • PSN:SecondGenesis
  • Xbox Live:GoreFlame

Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:58 PM

^ Yeah, wasn't expecting much sim gamepaly from Dirt 4, Dirt Rally has that covered.

#127 Rapidity

Rapidity
  • NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• [NZGR] - Clan Killzone 2
  • 2322 posts
  • PSN:Cruise_Elroy
  • Xbox Live:Cruise Elroy

Posted 10 June 2017 - 07:51 PM

As someone who found Dirt Rally a little to much to handle, I'm absolutely loving Dirt 4. So much fun and a hell of a lot more realistic than WRC5. I REALLY HOPE Codemasters somehow manage to pickup the WRC license next time round. I must say though, the wheels seem to stick to the road a bit too easily, hopefully traction is reduced, especially to the rear wheels in an update or something.

I wish the procedurally generated tracks had a little more customisability you, even if only given the ability to raise/lower elevation. So far it seems like it's going to add a lot of longevity though.

Edited by Rapidity, 11 June 2017 - 01:50 AM.

#128 czk51

czk51

Posted 15 June 2017 - 08:42 AM

Several users, myself included, have reported being DNF'd from Dirt 4's weekly / monthly events, presumably an issue at the server end. I was up to race #10 on the monthly (finished the weekly a few days ago) and it set the remaining races to DNF when I still had 2 weeks to complete. Codies are investigating, hope it gets sorted. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users