Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:08 AM

Ah now that's a smart use of leave.

#22 atipuss

atipuss
  • Steam ID:atimewmew
  • PSN:atipuss
  • Xbox Live:atipuss

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:42 PM

Might have to look into FF Explorers! glad you loving your 3ds :)

#23 czk51

czk51
  • PSN:cheradenineZ

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:49 PM

Might have to look into FF Explorers! glad you loving your 3ds :)

FFE is ok but I'd find it hard to recommend. I've had about a dozen or so hours play and there are a lot of jobs / classes, missions etc but nothing really compelling me to keep coming back. The online works quite well so it's good having others join the lobby, and I love the ability to capture monsters and have them battle along side me - that was the tipping point that earned my purchase when I read about it. 

#24 czk51

czk51

Posted 21 January 2017 - 07:41 PM

New Yoshi game demo up on the eshop! Downloading now.

#25 czk51

czk51

Posted 27 January 2017 - 07:18 AM

The eshop (if its anything like the eu this will be both 3ds and Eu - though I've only seen the 3ds shop) has 30% off selected Zelda titles (Ocarina of Time, A link Between Worlds, A link to the Past, Links Awakening, and The Legend of Zelda) . 

EU get a lot more games that we do but it's better than nothing. At 30% off the bigger 3DS titles are still $55 so would be much better off getting the cart, but I guess the VC games are a good deal. 

#26 czk51

czk51

Posted 02 February 2017 - 10:36 AM

First review of Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World .. looks neat

#27 czk51

czk51

Posted 11 February 2017 - 01:11 PM

Anyone picking up dragon ball fusions this month? I probably will, great news is that there's a huge update coming too https://www.bandaina...loadable-update

#28 czk51

czk51

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:40 PM

Anyone picking up dragon ball fusions this month? I probably will, great news is that there's a huge update coming too https://www.bandaina...loadable-update

Grabbed this yesterday and can't put it down, it's awesome. Neat open tactical battles with a pokemon style 'gotta catch em all' moves list and character recruitment scheme. Loving it.

https://youtu.be/sGZE7JGGlyw

#29 atipuss

atipuss

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:38 PM

Got Harvest moon: skytree village yesterday so far so good :)

#30 promaori

promaori

Your local jandal bandit

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1665 posts
  • Steam ID:haxspidornz
  • PSN:promaori
  • Wii:promaori
  • Xbox Live:promaori

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:40 AM

Since buying a new 3DS for myself and an old 3DS for my wife, my wife hasn't touched hers at all and mine gets used occasionally for the free games (Although I've started playing through Pokemon X). How do you maintain being active on the 3DS as well as more traditional consoles?

#31 czk51

czk51

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:15 AM

Since buying a new 3DS for myself and an old 3DS for my wife, my wife hasn't touched hers at all and mine gets used occasionally for the free games (Although I've started playing through Pokemon X). How do you maintain being active on the 3DS as well as more traditional consoles?

For me it's down to the games rather than thinking of it as consoles - like, I have a PS4 and Switch as well, but if I grab a new game on 3DS I'll play it and ignore the others just coz. When I first got my 3DS my PS4 gathered dust coz there was an amazing backlog of games to get stuck into, along with the new releases of the time e.g. Pokemon SuMo. 

Comes and goes in waves. Admittedly I've not played a lot of 3DS since getting my Switch, but that's mainly due to there not being many new games I fancy. Still worth keeping an eye on specials though - the eshop has some great discounts from time to time. Currently contemplating grabbing Steamworld Dig for a measly $3.99 at the moment. 

#32 promaori

promaori

Your local jandal bandit

• Members
  • 1665 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:36 AM

For me it's down to the games rather than thinking of it as consoles - like, I have a PS4 and Switch as well, but if I grab a new game on 3DS I'll play it and ignore the others just coz. When I first got my 3DS my PS4 gathered dust coz there was an amazing backlog of games to get stuck into, along with the new releases of the time e.g. Pokemon SuMo. 

Comes and goes in waves. Admittedly I've not played a lot of 3DS since getting my Switch, but that's mainly due to there not being many new games I fancy. Still worth keeping an eye on specials though - the eshop has some great discounts from time to time. Currently contemplating grabbing Steamworld Dig for a measly $3.99 at the moment. 

Yeah that's true. Since getting both 3DS's we've only got Pokemon X and Pokemon Omega Ruby to play, and since they're on carts I can't fire up Omega Ruby since my wife started her own game on there. Still not sure why Nintendo opted to stick with saves on carts since saves take up barely any space. Have seen some interesting games on the eShop as well, but I guess I'm hesitant to dive into buying games on there?

#33 czk51

czk51

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:40 AM

Yeah that's true. Since getting both 3DS's we've only got Pokemon X and Pokemon Omega Ruby to play, and since they're on carts I can't fire up Omega Ruby since my wife started her own game on there. Still not sure why Nintendo opted to stick with saves on carts since saves take up barely any space. Have seen some interesting games on the eShop as well, but I guess I'm hesitant to dive into buying games on there?

I've bought 5 or 6 games off the eshop, they have awesome deals from time to time. Definitely worth keeping an eye on. The 3DS can hold quite a few games. 

Edited by czk51, 12 July 2017 - 09:44 AM.

#34 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

What happened? How did I get here?

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 10470 posts
  • PSN:drunk_monk_13
  • Xbox Live:drunkmonk37

Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:53 AM

I hate buying 3DS Games on the eshop as it's paired to the console not the user but have done once or twice.

Personally I used the 3DS as a pokemon machine for years and that was all. Buy I played fire emblem awakening the other week and was in love with it so now I'm waiting for my copy of the new one to arrive.

#35 atipuss

atipuss

Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:13 AM

My 3ds is my harvest moon games machine and pokemon too but not so much anymore :) It is hard to find time ( or justify keeping 3ds) but some amazing game like rune factory 4 don't get release anywhere else let alone physical copy in nz.

#36 promaori

promaori

Your local jandal bandit

• Members
  • 1665 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:49 AM

I hate buying 3DS Games on the eshop as it's paired to the console not the user but have done once or twice.

That's interesting. I wonder why Nintendo opted to a model like that? Seems strange that you can't carry your purchases with you. I guess they expect you to buy a 3DS and never on-sell it?

That being said, I don't understand why the saves are stored on the cart. Nintendo methodology on things is strange. I guess that's why their games are always fun?

#37 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

What happened? How did I get here?

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 10470 posts
  • PSN:drunk_monk_13
  • Xbox Live:drunkmonk37

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:22 AM

That's interesting. I wonder why Nintendo opted to a model like that? Seems strange that you can't carry your purchases with you. I guess they expect you to buy a 3DS and never on-sell it?

That being said, I don't understand why the saves are stored on the cart. Nintendo methodology on things is strange. I guess that's why their games are always fun?

I'm guessing it's their crap infrastructure. It may be easier to pair a purchase with a hardware ID.

The saves on the cart were weird, but the switch is stuck between the two as you can't backup saves like the 3DS but save on the hardware like a normal machine, which is worse as if my Switch dues I'll lose my Zelda save.

Ha that's an interesting thought. Not worrying about infrastructure allows them to make/fund great games.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 3ds, games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users