• 149 posts
  • PSN:II_SanD_CameL
  • Wii:SW-6107-0369-3801
  • Xbox Live:FreddlePopGameS

Posted 06 March 2016 - 06:45 PM

Hey gang!

anyone else pick this up?

What are your thoughts?

I played for about 40mins last night and enjoyed it. I thought the graphics enhancements were pretty good and it's definitely gonna be fun playing through this in preparation for the next Zelda on either WiiU or NX.

Not sure about others but I purposely held of playing the GameCube version to play it on Wii, so it was crazy when I first started and everything is mirrored haha.

#2 Silvon

Silvon
  • Steam ID:Silvonvalar
  • PSN:Valarze

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:33 PM

I picked this up on Saturday and I've played a little, probably about an hour.  I'm looking at finishing off Bravely Second before I get into this.

I will say though that the grahpics look really good and I'm hyped up to play through TP in HD.  This is making me want some more info about the new Zelda game they're developing though.

#3 woollywol

woollywol
  • Steam ID:PoodleDjinn
  • PSN:wilywol60
  • Wii:woollywol60

Posted 09 March 2016 - 01:04 PM

My copy arrived just now! :)

Sadly, I won't have time to play it right now. Might have a peek though ...

Seriously: are we the only peeps here (3!) who got this re-make???

#4 Jonathan-OverWorld

Jonathan-OverWorld
  • Steam ID:link_nz
  • PSN:LinkNZ
  • Wii:SW-4823-5180-3430 (Switch)
  • Xbox Live:Linkx NZ

Posted 09 March 2016 - 04:11 PM

I got it too! But if you look at my avatar there should be no surprise about that fact. :P

#5 FreddlePopGameS

FreddlePopGameS

Hero of Time

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • PSN:II_SanD_CameL
  • Wii:SW-6107-0369-3801
  • Xbox Live:FreddlePopGameS

Posted 09 March 2016 - 05:37 PM

I picked this up on Saturday and I've played a little, probably about an hour.  I'm looking at finishing off Bravely Second before I get into this.

I will say though that the grahpics look really good and I'm hyped up to play through TP in HD.  This is making me want some more info about the new Zelda game they're developing though.

My copy arrived just now! :)

Sadly, I won't have time to play it right now. Might have a peek though ...

Seriously: are we the only peeps here (3!) who got this re-make???

I'm in the same boat as you two. I have other games to finish first but I did get a 40 minute treat in there. Loved it!

Can't wait until I get time to sink into it.

I got it too! But if you look at my avatar there should be no surprise about that fact. :P

Since coming to this site I've always noticed your profile pic and love for Zelda games in from your various posts in the forums and articles on Zelda related posts haha.

Glad there's still some gamers out there that love the classics and play games that aren't just shooters and forced multiplayer experiences. 

#6 AdamC

AdamC
  • Steam ID:LygerReach
  • PSN:JadamCrt

Posted 09 March 2016 - 08:40 PM

I never played a zelda game.... Always wanted too see what the fuss was about though. Might grab a 3ds version

#7 xmorph

xmorph

Praise the Derp

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • Steam ID:Xen0m0rph3
  • PSN:GingerLeopard
  • Wii:Xen0m0rph3
  • Xbox Live:Xen0m0rph3

Posted 09 March 2016 - 10:38 PM

I intend on getting it eventually, I just need Twilight Princess HD and Hyrule Warriors then that;s about all the currently released Wii U games that I really want :) (There are a few others that I would pick up if I found them cheap though).

I would have also bought Pokken Tournatment had it more than 17/721 Pokemon available.

I still need to finish WindWaker HD haha.

#8 Silvon

Silvon
  • Steam ID:Silvonvalar
  • PSN:Valarze

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:01 PM

Since coming to this site I've always noticed your profile pic and love for Zelda games in from your various posts in the forums and articles on Zelda related posts haha.

Glad there's still some gamers out there that love the classics and play games that aren't just shooters and forced multiplayer experiences. 

I absolutely love the classics and am very much a retro gamer/collector with a focus on JRPGs especially but I play across a range of genres.  I got into Zelda a little late having had Sega consoles as a child over Nintendo but I've played most of the Zelda games and absolutely love the franchise.  

I'm really excited to play through the remaster of Twilight Princess and as soon as I get through Bravely Second I'm going to get into TP before Dark Souls III comes and steals me away lol.

#9 Xenojay

Xenojay

Subliminal. Liminal. And Superliminal.

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Tester
  • 11917 posts
  • Steam ID:N/A
  • PSN:Xenojay
  • Wii:N/A
  • Xbox Live:Xenojay

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:19 AM

This makes me want a Wii U...again..

#10 supermario

supermario

Hail Xenu!

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 9413 posts
  • Steam ID:BanalityDUFF

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:55 PM

I haven't got it and probably won't bother. Hoping the Wolf Link amiibo gets released separately down the line, which it's supposed to.

I played through the Gamecube version twice (three times maybe) and played through 70% of the wii version last year before getting distracted with something else, so I have no real desire to play through the game again.

Also, I've barely touched Xenoblade and StarFox is out next month . . . !

I wish with these remasters they would actually remaster things, like REmake. I know it costs more but for fans of a game who've already played it lots it's a missed opportunity to give us something new. Or do more than one extra dungeon unlocked with an amiibo bundled with the game. They could have made a handful of small dungeons and linked them to having captured X amounts of poes and bugs or something.

#11 gspcdNZ

gspcdNZ
  • Steam ID:gspcdNZ
  • PSN:gspcdNZ
  • Wii:gspcdNZ
  • Xbox Live:gspcdNZ

Posted 13 March 2016 - 07:12 PM

I picked it up too. Had it preordered and got the amibo too. 

However, I havent played much due to pregnant fiance and division was higher on my list. However I havent played either really. 

#12 siamese

siamese

siamesedreams

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 1623 posts
  • PSN:siamesedreams

Posted 14 April 2016 - 01:01 PM

Played it on Wii,  don't feel the need to upgrade to the HD version.  Will just wait for the new Zelda on WiiU or NX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users