#441 birdman

birdman

[NZGR]

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4016 posts
  • PSN:quackdog

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:10 PM

Well that sounds better than I first thought. Might do the same then, should have it D/L and installed tonight hopefully.

#442 siamese

siamese

siamesedreams

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 1563 posts
  • PSN:siamesedreams

Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:46 AM

That automatic medic gun looks OP,  I like the fact that if you want to be a medic you use a rifle.  If you want to use a SMG then be assault.  If every medic starts using Automatic weapons its gonna suck.

#443 atipuss

atipuss
  • Steam ID:atimewmew
  • PSN:atipuss
  • Xbox Live:atipuss

Posted 08 August 2017 - 10:50 AM

I'm try to level my sniperer to level 10.... gotta say it does feel good and bs at the same time when i headshot enemy far far far away and impossibly :D so yeah tonight I won't be ptfo muh :P also try to stand still if you are in opposite team :D

#444 siamese

siamese

siamesedreams

• Members
  • 1563 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:01 PM

I'm try to level my sniperer to level 10.... gotta say it does feel good and bs at the same time when i headshot enemy far far far away and impossibly :D so yeah tonight I won't be ptfo muh :P also try to stand still if you are in opposite team :D

Use the SMLE Carbine or infantry, or the Russian 1895 infantry if you want to PTFO.

I use the SMLE Carbine 95% of the time with the Martini Henry (level 10) or the Lebel Infantry (have to do various things to get this one) at other times when I PTFO and I am usually in the top area of the scorelist so it should be easy to level up with those.  Obviously accuracy is really the main thing,  if you cant make the shot then its gonna be a long road, another tip is to use the flare as you will get assists for people killed who got spotted by it.

I used to always use the telescope but have recently changed to the flares as I only need the telescope when using the Gewher 98 or other proper scoped sniper rifles.

#445 birdman

birdman

[NZGR]

• Members
  • 4016 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:22 PM

Use the SMLE Carbine or infantry, or the Russian 1895 infantry if you want to PTFO.

I use the SMLE Carbine 95% of the time with the Martini Henry (level 10) or the Lebel Infantry (have to do various things to get this one) at other times when I PTFO and I am usually in the top area of the scorelist so it should be easy to level up with those.  Obviously accuracy is really the main thing,  if you cant make the shot then its gonna be a long road, another tip is to use the flare as you will get assists for people killed who got spotted by it.

I used to always use the telescope but have recently changed to the flares as I only need the telescope when using the Gewher 98 or other proper scoped sniper rifles.

It's by far my favourite class! I started off with the Gewehr M95 infantry, it's fairly n00b friendly due to the straight pull bolt (you don't have to exit aim down sights for follow up shots). Then I fell in love with the SMLE Carbine, only to be torn between that and the Lebel Infantry once TSNP released ha ha.

Martini Henry is fun to use for sure once you unlock it, I call it the elephant gun lol. For a change of pace the Russian 1895 Trench is so much fun in CQ maps, you can melt the Hellriegel idiots for fun with such a fast fire rate. 

I'm enjoying the heck out of Prise De Tahure still, running the Cei Rigotti Trench (full auto FTW baby) medic, or an aggressive shotgun loadout. I really enjoyed one of the medals the other night where you had to get 20 kills each with the Model 10A Factory, Mondragon Storm, the MG15 Low Weight, and the M1903 Experimental (yuck). I had no idea how fun the MG15 Low Weight could be!  :karate:

Edited by birdman, 10 August 2017 - 04:26 PM.

#446 Outlaw213

Outlaw213

Ghost of Sparta

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1102 posts
  • Steam ID:Outlaw213
  • PSN:Outlaw213

Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:33 PM

I don't snipe much but the SMLE Marksman and Gewehr 98 Marksman are my goto snipers - was looking forward to the Mosin-Nagant from the upcoming DLC but from what I've heard and seen in videos, it's an average rifle so probably not worth using.

If you want an easier time sniping with Infantry / Carbine variants, turn on Auto Aim Rotation in the settings, your aim will auto-snap to an enemy when you're close enough. I wish DICE would remove the auto-aim rotation feature all together but doesn't look like that's happening, previous Battlefield games didn't have auto-aim rotation / snap to target.

#447 Outlaw213

Outlaw213

Ghost of Sparta

• Members
  • 1102 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:40 AM

For those that don't have Battlefield 1 but have Origin Access (PC) / EA Access (XB1) you can now download Battlefield 1 for free.

Sony really needs to reconsider EA Access for PS4.

Edited by Outlaw213, 11 August 2017 - 10:41 AM.

#448 birdman

birdman

[NZGR]

• Members
  • 4016 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:12 AM

I wish they'd just release the premium maps for free to be honest, this fractured community BS is crap! I'm a premium member but honestly wouldn't mind, give the maps away for free but the tags and weapons etc make premium only perhaps?

#449 Outlaw213

Outlaw213

Ghost of Sparta

• Members
  • 1102 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:05 PM

I wish they'd just release the premium maps for free to be honest, this fractured community BS is crap! I'm a premium member but honestly wouldn't mind, give the maps away for free but the tags and weapons etc make premium only perhaps?

I think they want to but are avoiding legal action / lawsuit, it's why there is Premium Friends and Premium Trials. Giving away the maps for free when they've already sold Premium to so many will definitely cause issues even though most Premium owners are okay with it.

It's too late for Battlefield 1 but hopefully next year's Battlefield will do away with Premium just like this year's Star Wars Battlefront II - first of EA's major shooters to get rid of Premium pass.

Even though we will get maps, weapons, characters etc for free in Battlefront II, no Premium means loot creates and micro-transactions, which I'm okay with as long as they remain purely cosmetic.

What I don't understand though, DICE themselves have stated that they are aware of the fragmented community in Battlefield 1 and they're working on a solution (Premium Friends) but then they go and release the last two night maps as part of paid DLC / Premium.

Why? Why not let everyone have the last two night maps for free just like they did with Giants Shadow back in December? Makes no sense, they also said there will be more free content just like Giants Shadow but we've had nothing since December, these recent two maps would've been perfect free content.

Another thing they could do is release 2 maps from the upcoming DLC free to everyone since there are 6 total maps. There won't be any legal issues because Premium only mentions 4 expansion packs with 4 maps in each expansion.

Just don't understand DICE sometimes, say one thing then do the opposite - and it's really frustrating when they change the game mechanics just for the sake of change. They spent 3 years on Battlefield 4 CTE fixing so many bugs, then they started from scratch in Battlefield 1 CTE, all those bugs fixed in Battlefield 4 are now back in Battlefield 1.

#450 siamese

siamese

siamesedreams

• Members
  • 1563 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:58 PM

I don't snipe much but the SMLE Marksman and Gewehr 98 Marksman are my goto snipers - was looking forward to the Mosin-Nagant from the upcoming DLC but from what I've heard and seen in videos, it's an average rifle so probably not worth using.

If you want an easier time sniping with Infantry / Carbine variants, turn on Auto Aim Rotation in the settings, your aim will auto-snap to an enemy when you're close enough. I wish DICE would remove the auto-aim rotation feature all together but doesn't look like that's happening, previous Battlefield games didn't have auto-aim rotation / snap to target.

The Gewher 98 is my favourite too.  Fastest bullet velocity of the sniper rifles so a little easier to lead targets etc 

As for the auto aim - I cant stand it.  Nothing worse than trying to line someone up and then your crosshairs get dragged away by another enemy running past.  Turn it off I reckon.

#451 ost

ost
  • PSN:ostpies

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:40 AM

I just spent a couple of days using the 98 Infantry to unlock a medal (xx amount of kills with 4 different guns in order).

Really enjoyed the rifle and it was a fun medal to unlock.

#452 Outlaw213

Outlaw213

Ghost of Sparta

• Members
  • 1102 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:04 AM

This month's Battlefield 1 update is now live on PS4 (6.76 GB)

Gameplay from the new map.

Competitive 5v5 Game Mode

tFAiaUV.jpg?1

Edited by Outlaw213, 22 August 2017 - 07:35 AM.

#453 birdman

birdman

[NZGR]

• Members
  • 4016 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:23 AM

Sweet looks like a nice few months coming up with regular updates finally! Will download the update this afternoon as soon as I get home to try and be ready for Community night tonight! Incursions could be a lot of fun by the looks of it too by the way!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users