Member Since 23 Nov 2006

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Tester
  • 6144 posts
  • Steam ID:BuNNNy_
  • PSN:BuNNNy_
  • Xbox Live:BuNNNy

Posted 28 January 2016 - 04:17 PM

I really like that pixel junk shooter game...

Simple and fun

#42 Callangwproz

Callangwproz

GTA 5 - Most valued player x 5 (Team Deathmatch) + No death

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 3106 posts
  • Steam ID:CallanGWProx
  • PSN:CallanGWProx
  • Wii:WiiL I ever get one???
  • Xbox Live:CallanGWProX

Posted 28 January 2016 - 06:24 PM

Hey Peeps.
Best place to get ps+?

Believe I have a NZ account.

I has 3 months plus if anyone wants to trade something with me

#43 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

What happened? How did I get here?

• Members
  • 10900 posts
  • PSN:drunk_monk_13
  • Xbox Live:drunkmonk37

Posted 28 January 2016 - 07:04 PM

Not too much for me next month. Still I haven't touched the awesome games from the last few months.

#44 Goonertron

Goonertron
  • PSN:KiwiGooner13
  • Xbox Live:GoonerTR0N

Posted 04 February 2016 - 02:59 PM

He'll Divers is legit. Even playing with random players has been really fun, but can also be risky as friendly fire is on.

#45 Bunnny

Bunnny

Member Since 23 Nov 2006

• Tester
  • 6144 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 09:12 AM

Is it worth me spending $57 at EB for a PSTV ?

#46 woollywol

woollywol
  • Steam ID:PoodleDjinn
  • PSN:wilywol60
  • Wii:woollywol60

Posted 17 February 2016 - 02:08 PM

Is it worth me spending $57 at EB for a PSTV ?

Depends what you're looking for!

BTW, I think you may be in the wrong sub-forum here ...? Might get more response in one of the Playstation forums (PS4 or even Handheld).

Do you have a PS Vita? If not, then this is the next best thing.

If you're interested in streaming PS4 games to another TV, then this is designed for the job.

If you want *both* these features - well, I don't know why you'd hesitate! At $57 it's incredible value, a true bargain IMHO.

Not all Vita games are compatible with the PSTV, but *most* are.

#47 Callangwproz

Callangwproz

• Members
  • 3106 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 02:12 PM

Damn I forgot I couldn't quote anyways pstv is good if you have a ps4 and better if you have a ps vita...Tough luck if you're using it to watch Netflix or stream anything other than games and internet from your ps4. Overall Sony could have done better -  another failed product

Edit: I paid 75 for a used one and I didn't even bloody hesitate lmao....Now I'm regretting coz its so much cheaper for a new unit

Edited by Callangwproz, 17 February 2016 - 02:13 PM.

#48 Bunnny

Bunnny

Member Since 23 Nov 2006

• Tester
  • 6144 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 02:16 PM

I posted here, from the angle of the ps+ games for it, and also this seemed to be the more recently active general ps thread :P

Yeah I think I might grab one, as it seems good for streaming the ps4, as well as being a little standalone.

So just to clarify it doesn't do netflix?

#49 woollywol

woollywol

Posted 17 February 2016 - 02:40 PM

Yeah I think I might grab one, as it seems good for streaming the ps4, as well as being a little standalone.

So just to clarify it doesn't do netflix?

No Netflix. The PSTV isn't really a general streaming device - it's quite narrowly a Playstation device.

It sounds like you have a PS4, and of course you can get Netflix on that; so there would seem little point in wanting it for the PSTV.

Also, remember, the PSTV (which is basically like a Vita) runs only at 720p.

That's probably my biggest gripe with it: I wish it could do 1080 HD.

The PS Vita Store for NZ does not offer Netflix, however for US/NA PSN accounts there is a Vita Netflix app available.

#50 Callangwproz

Callangwproz

• Members
  • 3106 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:00 PM

@ woolywol I can confirm there is no Netflix app for the pstv on an NA acc because I have an NA acc and it doesn't share the same app as the vita unfortunately.... Also yes it says everything is displayed in hd what it doesn't say its 720p hd only.... playing your vita games on the vita and uploading your game saves to the cloud and downloading the save file on your pstv to play it on the big screen is a pretty good sales gimmick

#51 Bunnny

Bunnny

Member Since 23 Nov 2006

• Tester
  • 6144 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:17 PM

Cool cool,

I've already got a multitude of ways to stream netflix.

So in short, I can 

A) play the vita games I get from PS+
B) leave ps4 in other room and stream its output to the tv.

All for $57.

Hmm, might pick one up.

#52 woollywol

woollywol

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:33 PM

So in short, I can 

All for $57.

A) Correct! And of course you can also use the Vita carts in the PSTV (just in case someone gives you a Vita game gift ;) )

B) I believe that's right. I haven't actually done it myself yet. So if you wanted to be absolutely certain about how it works, you'd have to google or check with Silvon.

All for $57. Is that a local EB discounted price ...?

#53 woollywol

woollywol

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:48 PM

@ woolywol I can confirm there is no Netflix app for the pstv on an NA acc because I have an NA acc and it doesn't share the same app as the vita unfortunately....

playing your vita games on the vita and uploading your game saves to the cloud and downloading the save file on your pstv to play it on the big screen is a pretty good sales gimmick

Yes, I have an NA account too and noted that it's Vita only, not PSTV, for Netflix. I can only assume that's a deliberate decision, though for the life of me I don't understand it.

As to "sales gimmick" - I think that's rather harsh. The PSTV has many faults - it's more like a 'beta' version of something potentially really cool - but it really depends on what gaming features you individually look for and want. For me, it's a perfect addition to my setup.

Here's a really good article:

Eight Ways to Make the PlayStation TV a Better Choice for Players  http://thevitalounge...ce-for-players/

#54 Callangwproz

Callangwproz

• Members
  • 3106 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 08:43 PM

@ woolywol I can confirm there is no Netflix app for the pstv on an NA acc because I have an NA acc and it doesn't share the same app as the vita unfortunately....

playing your vita games on the vita and uploading your game saves to the cloud and downloading the save file on your pstv to play it on the big screen is a pretty good sales gimmick

Yes, I have an NA account too and noted that it's Vita only, not PSTV, for Netflix. I can only assume that's a deliberate decision, though for the life of me I don't understand it.

As to "sales gimmick" - I think that's rather harsh. The PSTV has many faults - it's more like a 'beta' version of something potentially really cool - but it really depends on what gaming features you individually look for and want. For me, it's a perfect addition to my setup.
Here's a really good article: Eight Ways to Make the PlayStation TV a Better Choice for Players http://thevitalounge...ce-for-players/
I just want Sony to get that big stick out of their backside and remove that video streaming ban from a ps4 to a ps TV a ps vita or in my case even my Z3.... I mean what's the worse that we could do with the video being streamed to our ps devices - the video being watched.... Kind of sux because the whole reason why I bought a ps TV is so I could stream tvnz on demand to the lounge TV instead of connecting my laptop via hdmi everytime I wanted to watch tvnz ondemand...Also don't judge me, I walked in blind into that ps TV sales gimmick

Edited by Callangwproz, 17 February 2016 - 08:45 PM.

#55 Bunnny

Bunnny

Member Since 23 Nov 2006

• Tester
  • 6144 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:19 AM

So in short, I can 

All for $57.

A) Correct! And of course you can also use the Vita carts in the PSTV (just in case someone gives you a Vita game gift ;) )

B) I believe that's right. I haven't actually done it myself yet. So if you wanted to be absolutely certain about how it works, you'd have to google or check with Silvon.

All for $57. Is that a local EB discounted price ...?

Yeah, EB got it at that limited time in store only.

playing your vita games on the vita and uploading your game saves to the cloud and downloading the save file on your pstv to play it on the big screen is a pretty good sales gimmick

Here's a really good article: Eight Ways to Make the PlayStation TV a Better Choice for Players http://thevitalounge...ce-for-players/
I just want Sony to get that big stick out of their backside and remove that video streaming ban from a ps4 to a ps TV a ps vita or in my case even my Z3.... I mean what's the worse that we could do with the video being streamed to our ps devices - the video being watched.... Kind of sux because the whole reason why I bought a ps TV is so I could stream tvnz on demand to the lounge TV instead of connecting my laptop via hdmi everytime I wanted to watch tvnz ondemand...Also don't judge me, I walked in blind into that ps TV sales gimmick

Chromecast... V2 is out now.. Like 67 on 1-day right now.

#56 Vicx

Vicx

PSN: supvic

• NZGamer.com VIP Silver VIP

• Members
  • 1383 posts
  • PSN:supvic

Posted 18 February 2016 - 01:25 PM

Can you guys please vote for Assault Android Cactus? Broforce is somehow leading despite the fact we've had countless platformers every month since launch. Other than the bro heroes it's just another lame platformer, I've played it co-op on PC and it's nothing special, people are just hypnotised by the 'bro' marketing and voting for the hype instead of gameplay. Assault Android Cactus on the other hand looks totally unique to anything we've ever had not just on PS+ but on PS4 altogether. It reminds me of The Red Star on PS2 which was an awesome co-op shooter, like a top-down Raiden but 4 player local co-op! It would suck to lose this game, especially to another goddamn pixelated platformer, I've had it :thumbsdown_original:

Vote in the PS4's PSN store.

#57 Callangwproz

Callangwproz

• Members
  • 3106 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:23 PM

@Vicx you do know even if we do vote broforce is up to the thousands atm and it's expected to be next month's indie game

#58 woollywol

woollywol

Posted 18 February 2016 - 03:03 PM

Vic, I did vote for Cactus because it looks by far the superior game. But these PS+ votes tend to go somehow for what I consider the weakest option. :(
Don't think there's much we can do with a handful of Kiwi and Aussie votes.

#59 SpawnSeekSlay

SpawnSeekSlay

Filthy Casual Console Peasant

• Members
  • 1397 posts
  • Steam ID:SpawnSeekSlay
  • PSN:SpawnSeekSlay

Posted 18 February 2016 - 04:38 PM

Yeah I picked it immediately that Broforce would head it and (will) win it easily. To my disappointment.

Just the video preview and soundtrack was marketed so well that millions of kiddies and younguns who think it's soo cool will vote for it.

Squeakers always win lol 

At the end of the day Vic, Cactus is just another Isometric Shooter, just on Roids, but I admit its the best of the 3. But we have Helldivers this month which is also in the same genre of isometric twin stick shooters. So I doubt people will vote for another one a month after one we already got. Thats what honestly turned me off immediately even though it looks a better game, so that's why I voted for the other ridiculous one of guys running on tracks lol something different, something silly.

Edited by SpawnSeekSlay, 18 February 2016 - 05:19 PM.

#60 Callangwproz

Callangwproz

• Members
  • 3106 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:40 PM

Yeah I picked it immediately that Broforce would head it and (will) win it easily. To my disappointment.
Just the video preview and soundtrack was marketed so well that millions of kiddies and younguns who think it's soo cool will vote for it.
Squeakers always win lol

Dude,In rainbow six 3 out of 5 the people in your squad are ausie kids under 12(Unless you pick your squad via the friends list) and therefore I believe that most of the votes for Broforce came from kids...I also asked one of the kids why they play rainbow six and he said because he likes guns and shooting and there you have it

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ps4, ps+, free, games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users