• Please log in to reply
658 replies to this topic

#1 atipuss

atipuss
  • Steam ID:atimewmew
  • PSN:atipuss
  • Xbox Live:atipuss

Posted 11 December 2015 - 09:38 AM

Hope its all good to create another topic just for ps4? Do they change the layout cause I can only see two games for ps4 and thats it? Anyway downloading Gauntlet now so hopefully will have a blast on it later :D

#2 Dvst8u

Dvst8u

Dvst8u

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 3389 posts
  • PSN:Dvst8u

Posted 11 December 2015 - 09:41 AM

let us know how it is ati

#3 atipuss

atipuss

Posted 11 December 2015 - 09:46 AM

Will do. Have deleted Diablo 3 and BF4... so now have lots of space! :)

#4 birdman

birdman

[NZGR]

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4064 posts
  • PSN:quackdog

Posted 11 December 2015 - 10:15 AM

Gauntlet looks awesome I'm downloading it at present too. Would be good to get a NZG co-op group together for a jam at some point. There are only two PS4 offerings this month as far as I'm aware.

#5 Dvst8u

Dvst8u

Dvst8u

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 3389 posts
  • PSN:Dvst8u

Posted 11 December 2015 - 10:21 AM

let us know how it is guys , ill download it later on

#6 atipuss

atipuss

Posted 11 December 2015 - 02:12 PM

Just had a play of one level with my cousin. Was fun. A good relaxing fun co-op game for sure :)

#7 BigC

BigC
  • PSN:NZBigC

Posted 11 December 2015 - 10:49 PM

Does that also delete the DLC and updates?

#8 oh2bme

oh2bme

Average

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 2613 posts
  • PSN:oh2bme
  • Xbox Live:SwimmingEmu3894

Posted 11 December 2015 - 11:01 PM

Yes it does. I think for the game to re download it's 33gb then you have to "install" the game which takes forever then if you want the dlc it's about 1.5-2gb a pop.

#9 BigC

BigC
  • PSN:NZBigC

Posted 12 December 2015 - 12:04 AM

Yes it does. I think for the game to re download it's 33gb then you have to "install" the game which takes forever then if you want the dlc it's about 1.5-2gb a pop.

Ah cheers. I do go back to that every now and then so I might just leave it on my PS4 for now.

#10 atipuss

atipuss

Posted 12 December 2015 - 06:49 AM

It was biggest! like around 69 GB ..so now i have got eso at 63.58 gtav at 58 etc..only really keep the one im playing now. Hopefully bf5 is not too far away :)

#11 oconnomiyaki

oconnomiyaki

Iconoclast

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 3759 posts
  • PSN:Donutta
  • Xbox Live:oconnomiyaki

Posted 12 December 2015 - 11:43 AM

Gauntlet is meant to be great with friends but kind of ass solo. I recommend getting together an NZG group.

#12 Outlaw213

Outlaw213

Ghost of Sparta

• Members
  • 1139 posts
  • Steam ID:Outlaw213
  • PSN:Outlaw213

Posted 12 December 2015 - 10:24 PM

Hopefully bf5 is not too far away :)

October 2016 :)

#13 Ronsoak

Ronsoak

Please cut up my Credit Cards

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • Steam ID:http://steamcommunity.com/id/ronsoak
  • PSN:exekias

Posted 13 December 2015 - 06:41 PM

Hopefully bf5 is not too far away :)

October 2016 :)

Is this 100% confirmed by EA/DICE?

Also fun fact, my partner has PS Plus on our shared PS4 so I dropped my sub and I can still play online as he has the main account. Just saved $100

#14 Outlaw213

Outlaw213

Ghost of Sparta

• Members
  • 1139 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 07:09 PM

Not confirmed by DICE/EA. Just making an assumption based on previous Battlefield releases. They'll start teasing Battlefield 5 just before E3 (June 2016) then do a big reveal during E3, followed by a beta around August maybe, then release the game October 2016.

Battlefield 3 was released October 2011
Battlefield 4 was released October 2013
Battlefield Hardline was originally meant to release on October 2014 but delayed to March 2015.

Also fun fact, my partner has PS Plus on our shared PS4 so I dropped my sub and I can still play online as he has the main account. Just saved $100

Yeah as long as one user has PS+ and has set the PS4 as their PRIMARY - every other user on the PS4 can continue to play online without having separate PS+ membership. Won't work if they aren't PRIMARY tho. I think this applies to some other things like Season Passes and DLC - Well it works with Battlefield 4 Premium.

#15 Ronsoak

Ronsoak

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 07:12 PM

Not confirmed by DICE/EA. Just making an assumption based on previous Battlefield releases. They'll start teasing Battlefield 5 just before E3 (June 2016) then do a big reveal during E3, followed by a beta around August maybe, then release the game October 2016.

Battlefield 3 was released October 2011
Battlefield 4 was released October 2013
Battlefield Hardline was originally meant to release on October 2014 but delayed to March 2015.

Yeah as long as one user has PS+ and has set the PS4 as their PRIMARY - every other user on the PS4 can continue to play online without having separate PS+ membership. Won't work if they aren't PRIMARY tho. I think this applies to some other things like Season Passes and DLC - Well it works with Battlefield 4 Premium.

I'm not sure that DICE works on  multiple team set up that the likes of Activision and Ubisoft do so DICE have been busy with Battlefront so i wouldn't count on a BF5 release in 2016, i could foresee an announcement at E3 buti don't think their teams have had enough time to work on the game and I personally would prefer it if they took their time with the next game so we can have a great game with no launch issues and a new engine

#16 Outlaw213

Outlaw213

Ghost of Sparta

• Members
  • 1139 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 11:45 PM

I'm not sure that DICE works on  multiple team set up that the likes of Activision and Ubisoft do so DICE have been busy with Battlefront so i wouldn't count on a BF5 release in 2016, i could foresee an announcement at E3 buti don't think their teams have had enough time to work on the game and I personally would prefer it if they took their time with the next game so we can have a great game with no launch issues and a new engine

DICE has had two teams for a while now, DICE LA and DICE STOCKHOLM - DICE LA has been working on Battlefield 4 (and BF4 CTE) along with making improvements and updates to the Frostbite engine across all games using the engine. They won't be using a completely new engine for Battlefield 5, just the updated and improved Frostbite engine - probably the same version used on Battlefront or maybe a slightly newer build.

Oh and Battlefield 5 has already been confirmed for 2016 by EA - When you asked before if it was confirmed, I thought you meant if it was confirmed for October which it isn't but it'll definitely be coming out 2016. Battlefield 5 was meant to be out this year initially but Hardline got delayed from October 2014 into March 2015, and EA had Battlefront for November so they delayed Battlefield 5 to 2016.

Edited by Outlaw213, 13 December 2015 - 11:46 PM.

#17 Ronsoak

Ronsoak

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 12:29 AM

I'm not sure that DICE works on multiple team set up that the likes of Activision and Ubisoft do so DICE have been busy with Battlefront so i wouldn't count on a BF5 release in 2016, i could foresee an announcement at E3 buti don't think their teams have had enough time to work on the game and I personally would prefer it if they took their time with the next game so we can have a great game with no launch issues and a new engine

DICE has had two teams for a while now, DICE LA and DICE STOCKHOLM - DICE LA has been working on Battlefield 4 (and BF4 CTE) along with making improvements and updates to the Frostbite engine across all games using the engine. They won't be using a completely new engine for Battlefield 5, just the updated and improved Frostbite engine - probably the same version used on Battlefront or maybe a slightly newer build.

Oh and Battlefield 5 has already been confirmed for 2016 by EA - When you asked before if it was confirmed, I thought you meant if it was confirmed for October which it isn't but it'll definitely be coming out 2016. Battlefield 5 was meant to be out this year initially but Hardline got delayed from October 2014 into March 2015, and EA had Battlefront for November so they delayed Battlefield 5 to 2016.

Oh wow, so we may get it sooner than expected

#18 AdamC

AdamC
  • Steam ID:LygerReach
  • PSN:JadamCrt

Posted 14 December 2015 - 06:07 AM

It's yearly release. They just mixed in battlefront this year

#19 Ronsoak

Ronsoak

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 10:26 PM

DICE just spoke up about the existence of BF

#20 Outlaw213

Outlaw213

Ghost of Sparta

• Members
  • 1139 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 11:11 PM

Battlefield hasn't been yearly, it's been every second year. They tried to make it an annual thing with Hardline but it didn't work out, which is a good thing.

DICE just spoke up about the existence of BF

Yup. It was also confirmed by EA a year ago, they also confirmed it that it was going to be military game again rather than a spin off like Hardline.

"That will be a return to a Battlefield military-style game; more to come on that" - EA CFO Blake Jorgensen

Jorgensen even went so far as to say that he’s seen an early build of the game, describing it as a “fun, new Battlefield.”

Edited by Outlaw213, 14 December 2015 - 11:12 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ps4, ps+, free, games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users